• 07 Dec 2019 - 02:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Iguana With The Tongue Of Fire (Riccardo Freda, 1971)  (Read 11067 times)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

Anyone else seen this Riccardo Freda-directed giallo? In terms of narrative, it’s fairly run of the mill but it does benefit from an unusual location – Ireland and has one of the best English language track, ever – Luigi Pistili dubbed into a Mick!

It was release a few months ago on the X-Rated Kult Film label in Germany – it’s a pretty murky print, albeit letterboxed at 1:85, if I remember correctly…
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Iguana With The Tongue Of Fire (Riccardo Freda, 1971)
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jul 2007 - 14:10 »

I picked up a recent DVD release on the New label, is that the one you were thinking of Comp? I lent it out weeks ago but will be getting it back on Tuesday. I'm quite looking forward to seeing it actually.

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2007 - 15:07 »

Still haven't watched it yet. I've got a ridiculous backlog of stuff to get through, but never seem to have the enthusiasm or the time to watch anything at the moment apart from tv series dvds.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jul 2007 - 08:38 »

Still haven't watched it yet. I've got a ridiculous backlog of stuff to get through, but never seem to have the enthusiasm or the time to watch anything at the moment apart from tv series dvds.

I'm the same - my "to watch pile" is so massive, it takes me fucking ages to pick something! While IGUANA WITH THE TONGUE OF FIRE is a pleasant diversion, I reckon you've probably got better fish to fry - if you're anything like me!

"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jul 2007 - 10:58 »

It was much easier when I only had a few dozen dvds. Now I spend half an hour scanning the shelves and not having a clue what to watch.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

drmiaow

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #5 on: 29 Feb 2008 - 23:31 »

I had fond memories of this film. Watching it again recently I remembered why. It may be trashy but it's also a lot of fun, full of campy characters, over-the-top dialogue and ridiculous red herrings. The murders are brutal too, all cut-throat razors and acid-scarred faces (the killer's 'tongue of fire'). Pistili's mother is a dead-ringer for Father Ted's Mrs Doyle and the final showdown with the killer ranks among my favourite gialli sequences - total chaos. I'd love to see a better print though.

vigilanteforce

« Reply #6 on: 01 Mar 2008 - 00:37 »

the final showdown with the killer ranks among my favourite gialli sequences - total chaos. I'd love to see a better print though.

*********SPOILERS AHEAD******

my thoughts exactly. I like the trashy feel of this movie although the pacing could have been faster- there are quite a few boring and pointless parts. The opening and the ending certainly pay off though. And yes, this one needs a better release. It is obvious, specially in the night scenes. Print is so dark you can't even see the killer wearing sunglasses in the opening scene! You could clearly see that in the fullscreen Greek VHS! That's a shame cause the closeup of the killer's glasses was my favorite thing about the film!!!

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #7 on: 27 Sep 2008 - 18:54 »

Out Monday from NEW,a 500 only LE large hardbox with a slightly different cover design.
(Might have been tempted if it had a new transfer.)

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #8 on: 27 Sep 2008 - 19:10 »

Yeah, an improved transfer would be great! What's the deal with here? Are there simply no good elements available?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #9 on: 27 Sep 2008 - 19:15 »

NEW are milking this one aren't they!?!

Will they even sell 500 copies of this without an upgraded transfer?

:-*
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

vigilanteforce

« Reply #10 on: 27 Sep 2008 - 19:26 »

Not only the transfer isn't an upgrade, even the cover is almost the same as the previous one  :-*

spannick

« Reply #11 on: 28 Sep 2008 - 11:17 »

well it was OOP and they're simply re-issuing it i guess.

ddmichael

« Reply #12 on: 06 Oct 2008 - 23:29 »

[spoiler]Odd choice of cover art - it gives a rather good impression of the killer's identity  >:( Good film though imho with yet another outstanding Cipriani score and, as has already been mentionned, some great location work. On the downside the effects aren't great, though that closing fight and the girl having her face pushed into the sun lamp is certainly memorable... [/spoiler]

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
Iguana With The Tongue Of Fire (Riccardo Freda, 1971)
« Reply #13 on: 10 May 2012 - 21:45 »

Does anyone here know if Another World Entertainment are releasing this on DVD? I just heard a rumour but have seen anyone mention it online. If it's true it will be interesting to see if the picture quality is better than the German DVD that I have.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
Iguana With The Tongue Of Fire (Riccardo Freda, 1971)
« Reply #14 on: 11 May 2012 - 02:15 »

The German disc's PQ left a lot to be desired, eh?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 34 queries.