• 23 Jan 2021 - 07:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Blazing Magnum / Una magnum special per Tony Saitta (Alberto de Martino, 1976)  (Read 65934 times)

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Glad to see that there's heaps of love for this film, it really is a great movie. I think the synth & piano soundtrack is brilliant too, quite unlike that of any other Euro Crimes.
On the subject of OTT car chases, 'The Burglars' with Jean-Paul Belmondo has a pretty crazy one to rival this one too!
I read in Is It Uncut that there were some very minor differences in prints to the scene where the baby in the incubator room gets a blade put to it. Can anyone expand on this? I only have the Greek W/S VHS. so I wouldn't have anything else to compare it to.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I read in Is It Uncut that there were some very minor differences in prints to the scene where the baby in the incubator room gets a blade put to it. Can anyone expand on this? I only have the Greek W/S VHS. so I wouldn't have anything else to compare it to.
i think the second medusa pre-cert U.K. release is like this, if the spine label is a sticker it's uncut, if a hologram it's cut......i think

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Cheers Tanzi!.

To quote Is It Uncut: "...one sequence where the murderer pricks a baby's throat with a flick knife before blasting away at Whitman in an infirmary, is startling and scandalous."

If I recall correctly, in my print, the killer holds the blade up to the baby but does not prick it. Now, I don't get off on seeing babies perforated or anything but if I am missing some footage then I want it for sure!

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Here you go Luca, a link to the BBFC page

link

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

I just checked the scene with the baby on my Japanese VHS and the blade never even touches the baby's skin, it's always on the white sheet that's wrapped around it.

Plus the fact that in this scene the killer doesn't even have a gun leads me to believe that the line in 'Uncut'   "...one sequence where the murderer pricks a baby's throat with a flick knife before blasting away at Whitman in an infirmary, is startling and scandalous." is totally mis-leading.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Thanks Tanzi & Jonny, especially for checking the scene.
Yes, my print is exactly the same as to what you described mate so the writer of that particular review may have just been getting over excited, leading readers (and me) to believe that there was some obscure footage out there. Glad that's cleared up. Thanks again!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Just received a new copy of this (cheers drmiaow). Widescreen 'of air' Italian TV recording that's been dubbed into English. Looks the best I've ever seen it, shame that it's been compressed to an AVI then burnt onto a DVD-R. Would love a copy of the original, uncompressed, recording...

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

Never seen it but years ago I was intrigued by the title and the US tape cover but passed on it when I read that it was just a crime flick (before I knew who "Martin Herbert" was and that it was an Italian film).

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

Funny, that US title sounds rather giallo-like.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Andrew Monroe

Yeah, it seems like it was definitely sold as a giallo here in the states. I have that Vestron tape (and it actually looks pretty good, not hurt badly by fullscreen presentation). Scored it many years ago at a flea market - as soon as I saw that title and cover I was thinking giallo. Didn`t play out that way but it`s a damn good crime thriller, actually one of my favorites after several viewings.

By the way, totally off topic but Luca, who is that stunner in your avatar? Looks like Rebecca Linares.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Just received a new copy of this (cheers drmiaow). Widescreen 'of air' Italian TV recording that's been dubbed into English.
That looks really crisp

Gary B.

By the way, totally off topic but Luca, who is that stunner in your avatar? Looks like Rebecca Linares.

Looks to me like Miki Sugimoto from all those 'Pinky Violence' films.

Andrew Monroe

Looks to me like Miki Sugimoto from all those 'Pinky Violence' films.

You`re right Gary, thanks. Did a Google image search for that name and the same photo turned up. Haven`t watched any of the Pinky Violence films in a long time.

drmiaow

• Special Cop In Action

It's a very nice copy but I can't take credit for finding it. I traded it with Keith at Giallo Fever, where he's also written a detailed review of the film. It's a great blog: if you're not already reading it take a look for yourself at   

http://giallo-fever.blogspot.com/

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

Another 16x9 enhancement project finished using the aforementioned TV rip.  The cropping has not gotten rid of the entire logo, just the top half is remaining.  I am really impressed with the results; it looks quite good.  Here is the motion menu from my fan DVD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgCtMstPSVc
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries.