• 22 Jan 2021 - 01:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Blazing Magnum / Una magnum special per Tony Saitta (Alberto de Martino, 1976)  (Read 65904 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Menu looks wicked Oli. Did you source the main feature from the AVI or did you get a copy direct from a DVD recorder?

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

I actually sourced it from a DVD conversion of the avi file and I am very surprised by how good it looks.  Here are some screenshots:

JJJunkk

Looks like a complete, uncut print was screened July 18th in Montreal at the Fantasia Film Festival.  Don't know anything about this festival, but it calls itself "North America's Premier Genre Festival".

If there's a print in North America, maybe someone in the US can put together a DVD release.  Since it was a Canadian co-production, you may even be able to get some cash from the Canadian or provincial Quebec government to help fund it.

jaho

did any of you notice when he threw one of the transvestites in to a wall, how they hit their head on the corner of a cabinet/bookcase type thing, it looked extremely painful 

Funny thing you mention that.  I ran it back just to show my wife.  Painful indeed.

Diabolik

• One Just Man
    • Diabolik - European Trash Cinema On Danish Video

ALL 3 danish vhs releases;

Rare as hell 1st release:

/D

Sutekh

• Anonymous Avenger
  • Explosive Action
    • Explosive Action

Just watched this for the first time thanks to Oli's great fan DVD. What a riot of a movie! Exceptional car chase that featured all the staples of a car chase - over a train, flying over a hill, knocking a bystander vehicle into a pile of boxes.. it just needed two men with a sheet of glass and crashing through a fruit market! The punch up with the transvestites was great, and the cigar smoking midget mole was a laugh. A satisfying ending that I didn't predict! I recognised Martin Landau as Dr. Tracer who played among other things Alvin Kurtzweil in the first X-Files movie.

Nuno

• One Just Man

Original Portuguese 1st Edition VHS
Video Label: Imavideo
Release Year: 1987

More Pics: http://nuno-dvdcollection.blogspot.com/2011/12/blazing-magnum-1976.html

Scyther

• Special Cop In Action
    • My Examiner Writings

The car chase sequence in this film was brilliant, for sure. Almost on par with 'Bullitt' or Di Leo's 'Italian Connection'.  :)
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

The car chase sequence in this film was brilliant, for sure. Almost on par with 'Bullitt'
Better than  ::)

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Scyther

• Special Cop In Action
    • My Examiner Writings

The car chase sequence in this film was brilliant, for sure. Almost on par with 'Bullitt'
Better than  ::)

Haha, it's a close race, for sure, with The French Connection hot on their heels.  :-X
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

It looks like MGM still owns at least some rights to this as STRANGE SHADOWS IN AN EMPTY ROOM.  It's on right now on This-TV.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

Are you recording it, Eric?

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

I'll be including the American trailer for this (Strange Shadows in an Empty Room) on Grindhouse Trailer Classics 4.
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

Are you recording it, Eric?

No, I didn't.  It's the old eighties video master and probably censored for TV (I haven't found the widescreen version someone traded to me a long time ago).  This-TV is a channel that shows MGM properties (films and TV shows like "Highway Patrol", "Sea Hunt", "The Patty Duke Show", and "Mr. Ed").  It's a revenue-sharing channel in that they get access to the library for free and split the ad revenue with MGM.  It's a digital channel, but they all of their masters are 480i and usually fullscreen.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.