• 05 Dec 2020 - 11:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Killer's Moon (Alan Birkinshaw, 1978)  (Read 32414 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Re: Killer's Moon (Alan Birkinshaw, 1978)
« Reply #105 on: 18 Mar 2012 - 08:50 »

Watched the Blu Ray this evening, I thought it was ok but not as good as I was expecting it to be.

What were you expecting and what aspects of the film didn't you like?

How did the Blu-ray look?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Re: Re: Killer's Moon (Alan Birkinshaw, 1978)
« Reply #106 on: 18 Mar 2012 - 11:08 »

Watched the Blu Ray this evening, I thought it was ok but not as good as I was expecting it to be.

I didn't not like it, I suppose I thought it was gonna be more violent and sleazy the way it's been hyped up by people.
I obviously haven't seen any other versions to compare but it looks nice but more like a nice DVD than a Blu Ray if you know what I mean.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
Re: Re: Re: Killer's Moon (Alan Birkinshaw, 1978)
« Reply #107 on: 18 Mar 2012 - 11:36 »

I didn't not like it, I suppose I thought it was gonna be more violent and sleazy the way it's been hyped up by people.
I obviously haven't seen any other versions to compare but it looks nice but more like a nice DVD than a Blu Ray if you know what I mean.

When you say 'hyped up' are you saying that people's enthusiasm for the film is insincere, hype usually refers to people giving things overly due praise purely to sell it to people who aren't aware of it (the product that's being hyped).

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Re: Re: Re: Killer's Moon (Alan Birkinshaw, 1978)
« Reply #108 on: 18 Mar 2012 - 16:01 »

When you say 'hyped up' are you saying that people's enthusiasm for the film is insincere, hype usually refers to people giving things overly due praise purely to sell it to people who aren't aware of it (the product that's being hyped).
Not insincere but the way people have carried on about it makes it seem better than it was (for me anyway). I did like it, just not as much as I thought I was going to that's all. I thought it was good rather than great.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
Re: Killer's Moon (Alan Birkinshaw, 1978)
« Reply #109 on: 31 Dec 2012 - 13:15 »

Just noticed you can pick the Blu up from Amazon.co.uk for £7.21 via a US seller HERE. Has anyone used this seller before? The same seller has a few other Redemption Blus for the same price - VIRGIN WITCH, THE ASPHYX etc

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #110 on: 31 Dec 2012 - 13:19 »

I think that's the seller that cancelled my order for THE WITCHMAKER the day after I placed it. Generally I use All Your Music if I'm buying from Amazon marketplace - they're normally the cheapest (as they are with KILLER'S MOON at this moment in time) and although it usually takes a couple of weeks to get your order I've never had a problem with them.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

the blob

• Violent Professional
« Reply #111 on: 31 Dec 2012 - 14:09 »

Supermart were shit the couple of times I ordered. Cancelled both but the good thing is All Your Music go down too when they list the same thing. I'm pretty much All Your Music only except for Moviemars on the odd occassion if they don't have it.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #112 on: 31 Dec 2012 - 14:15 »

Supermart were shit the couple of times I ordered. Cancelled both but the good thing is All Your Music go down too when they list the same thing. I'm pretty much All Your Music only except for Moviemars on the odd occassion if they don't have it.

Cool, thanks for the advice!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.