• 29 Feb 2020 - 11:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7 Murders for Scotland Yard / Sette cadaveri per Scotland Yard (J L Madrid 1971)  (Read 6952 times)

Stephen Grimes

Here's a clip from the new disc:

Looks pretty good :'(

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

Clothed version or not, this is still worth picking up until something better surfaces, IMO.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"

Yey! Mine shipped from DVD Pacific last night!
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

fdsmedia

I'll receive my copy on Monday - can't wait!  :P

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"

Watched this last night and was fairly underwhelmed by the flick. Apart from some great handheld camera work, the film lacks any kind of visual panache and features more wooden performances than all the Ents from LORD OF THE RINGS put together. On the plus side, there's some great exterior shots of Piccadilly and Soho c1971, which is pleasing.

The Televista disc isn't bad, though the print is ropey, when compared to the quality we've become accustomed. The picture is overly bright and is plagued with grain and damage.

As someone rightly pointed out that this is a "clothed" version of the flick and there is no nudity whatsoever. The murders are also tame by giallo standards and betray the review in Adrian Luther-Smith's BLOOK AND BLACK LACE, so no doubt they are edited too...

vigilanteforce

I remember when I first got a copy of the Blood and Black Lace book. It had some beautiful artwork for this movie and I fell in love with it. I think that the English-subbed bootleg wasn't available back then and there were little chances for me to find this obscure film. I watched it a few hours ago. Had the LFVW subtitled disc for a couple years but never got around to watching it due to the shitty quality. The Televista disc looks OK, problem is the movie itself. Pacing is non-existent, direction is non-existent, cinematography as flat as it could possibly get- amateurish with bad lighting and too much hand held work. The gore FX are a joke too- HG Lewis quality. The whole film must have took like a week to make. This is certainly one of the worst gialli I have ever seen. Watched URSULA'S SISTER (which isn't exactly high art) right after 7 MURDERS and it felt like watching a film by Fellini  :-*

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

Televista/Substance/New Star are well-known for their questionable sources but 7 MURDERS FOR SCOTLAND YARD seems to originate with them (there is no other anamorphic widescreen English language release of this film - the subbed disc and the Italian Mitel tape have been all there was until now).  Mind you, this English print is a covered version of the film as regards to nudity (we see the bare legs of the killer in the freeze frame title sequence shot so we can assume that more went on before the prostitute was stabbed very abruptly in the current versions).

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action

This has just had a UK DVD release, it was passed by the BBFC on 1st May 2012.
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV289393/

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"

Cornerstone do sales and marketing for Jeff Films which I'd hazard a guess is behind this release. Notorious bootleggers.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 36 queries.