• 10 Aug 2022 - 04:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: God Forgives...I Don't / Dio perdona... io no! (Guiseppi Colizzi, 1967)  (Read 14659 times)

The Hunchback

No need to let me know. I already know I like it. ;D

;D

I meant if I share your opinion.

IL COMMISSARIO

I know....! ;D ;D ;D

The Hunchback

This was damn good. :)

I think this is Frank Wolff's best spaghetti role as the talkative villain.

Had the two other "Cat Stevens" entries been as good as this one, I wouldn't be the only one to consider Giuseppe Colizzi one of the top directors of the genre.

This trilogy is also one of the few of the genre with actual continuity.
In the beginning of ACE HIGH (the sequel to this film) their is a mention of the deceased villain from the first movie and the money aquired from GFID is put into a bank. Making Hill and Spencer the same characters.

The Hunchback

I would be very interested in seeing the "comedy version" cut of this film.

LANZETTA

Think i need to ditch my crappy copy and see that new dvd print. :)

I wasn't aware there was any comedy in the uncut version :-*

IL COMMISSARIO

Never heard of a comedy version but I'm glad that finally I'm not seemingly alone in my enjoyment of this movie.

The Hunchback

Never heard of a comedy version but I'm glad that finally I'm not seemingly alone in my enjoyment of this movie.

There is a cut version out there that is apparently edited into a comedy.

Wonder how they managed to do that in a film where there is virtually no light hearted humor.

Magnus Wersen

Had the two other "Cat Stevens" entries been as good as this one, I wouldn't be the only one to consider Giuseppe Colizzi one of the top directors of the genre.

I thought he was!  :-\ Seriously, I loved God Forgives and had a bloody good time with Ace High. Boot Hill was a bit unfocused but IMO it's still better than most Hill/Spencer collaborations.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I always thought that the only "comedy" print was in German, i may be wrong though.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

The Hunchback

I always thought that the only "comedy" print was in German, i may be wrong though.

Yes this is true. In fact all three films had their own comedy version.

LANZETTA

I'm going to have to order one of these. Am I right in thinking that this is part of the series that also includes BOOT HILL and ACE HIGH?

yes, you are correct.

This movie is the first of the trilogy.

Unlike, other so called "trilogies" of the genre, this actually has a bit of continuity to it. Not that you have to see the three films in any particular order, but it is clear that the two protagonists (Hill and Spencer) are the same characters throughout the series.

Unfortunatly this is not a very good series.

I haven't seen the first, but I will soon. I'll come back to give input.

The second installment is considered "the best" of the Cat Steven's trilogy.
However it suffers from major pacing problems, especially during the final 30 minutes.

Boot Hill, the third and final installment, is not only the worst of the series but one of the worst spaghetti westerns ever.
This morning,I finally managed to see that decent print of GOD FORGIVES I DON'T and  its a definite improvement. :-X

However any pacing problems  in ACE HIGH are nothing compared to the overall slowness of Colizzi's first film.Its  the much grittier and more violent western and the opening scenes and shoot out finale is the best i've seen from Colizzi.But almost everything else in between whether its Spencer manfully struggling with a casket on his back,extended card games or torture scenes,its all way too much too drawn out ,in some cases to ludicrous proportions.Also as much as i enjoyed Frank Wolff as the gabber mouthed San Antonio evens his ramblings well outstay their welcome in places.

Both myself and the missus feel that ACE HIGH is easily the better movie.It has a much greater scope all round and most tellingly the humour(Wallach pretty much makes this essential)  and i'm sure that Enzo Barboni (director of the Trinity movies)would've seen the comedic potential of Hill and Spencer from this movie rather than its predecessor.

Having quibbled about the slightly boring feel of GOD FORGIVES I DON'T i still enjoyed it but would only really recommend it to Bud 'n' Terence fans because without them i wouldn't enjoy it nearly half as much.

My rating for GOD FORGIVES I DON'T 6 out of 10. :D

and  for ACE HIGH  8 out of 10. :)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

"God forgives...I don't" is my favourite out the three, but you can see that "Ace High" has a bigger budget

LANZETTA

but you can see that "Ace High" has a bigger budget
Makes you wonder what happened with the 3rd in the trilogy then,BOOT HILL. ???

Colizzi's contemporary movie with Hill and Spencer,ALL THE WAYS BOYS is another bore festival and i sholud imagine with helicopters and such that this had the biggest budget of all.Can't believe theres only a year between this yawn and the genius of WATCH OUT WE'RE MAD! >:(

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Definately the poorest out the three, but still a watchable western in my opinion ;D

LANZETTA

Definately the poorest out the three, but still a watchable western in my opinion ;D
Thought i was gonna see the Wildeast widescreen version of BOOT HILL recently but i got mis-sold the wrong disc by an independant seller on US Amazon. :-[

My poor pan and scan version is unwatchable. :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.