• 10 Aug 2022 - 04:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: God Forgives...I Don't / Dio perdona... io no! (Guiseppi Colizzi, 1967)  (Read 14661 times)

IL COMMISSARIO

GOD FORGIVES, I DON’T- 1967-Guiseppi Collizi’s first western was a huge hit in Italy and starred Terence Hill and Bud Spencer together for the first time playing it straight save for a couple of scenes. Here, they lay the blueprint for the TRINITY films and their numerous numbskull comedies to follow. Frank Wolff is noteworthy as the maniacal Bill San Antonio. Quite a bit of violence and shortly thereafter, Hill would forsake violent movies forever focusing his career doing family friendly movies. Unlike Spencer however, Hill could carry a movie on his own. Followed by two lesser sequels.

Now, after numerous bootlegs and fullscreen releases...

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/forgives-dont-16x9-region-release-p-12226.html

The Hunchback

Ordered the new widescreen dvd already.

This is playing right now on the encore westerns channel.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

I'm going to have to order one of these. Am I right in thinking that this is part of the series that also includes BOOT HILL and ACE HIGH?
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

The Hunchback

I'm going to have to order one of these. Am I right in thinking that this is part of the series that also includes BOOT HILL and ACE HIGH?

yes, you are correct.

This movie is the first of the trilogy.

Unlike, other so called "trilogies" of the genre, this actually has a bit of continuity to it. Not that you have to see the three films in any particular order, but it is clear that the two protagonists (Hill and Spencer) are the same characters throughout the series.

Unfortunatly this is not a very good series.

I haven't seen the first, but I will soon. I'll come back to give input.

The second installment is considered "the best" of the Cat Steven's trilogy.
However it suffers from major pacing problems, especially during the final 30 minutes.

Boot Hill, the third and final installment, is not only the worst of the series but one of the worst spaghetti westerns ever.

IL COMMISSARIO

A few fans consider the second film the best because Eli Wallach is in it. The first has my vote and apparently everyone in Italy thought so too.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

I only have ACE HIGH - I'm going to hunt the other two down. Thanks guys.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

LANZETTA

I have all three in the Colizzi trilogy and all three suffer from pacing problems. I have a bad widescreen bootleg print of GOD FORGIVES,I DON'T which maybe taints my judgement because i find it too damn dull and slow,but Frank Wolff is a definite plus here with his Indio(from FAFDM) inspired psychopathic character.But sadly it lacks the humour of ACE HIGH to which Eli Wallach contributes hugely and theres also a great improvement in the chemistry between Hill and Spencer.

BOOT HILL however is best not mentioned. ;D

The Hunchback

BOOT HILL however is best not mentioned. ;D

I've actually decided to give it ONE MORE shot. I'll purchase the decent print Wild East put out before I do though.

IL COMMISSARIO

I guess I'm the only one who thinks GOD FORGIVES...isn't dull. However, I do think it's deliberatley paced and the version I got is very bad as well.

LANZETTA

I'm sure i'd like it alot more with a decent widescreen print! :)

This must be the only Hill and Spencer movie where when they fight,Hill gives as good as he gets. ;D

IL COMMISSARIO

They definitely laid the blueprint (subconsciously maybe) for TRINITY.

LANZETTA

Yes,Hill & Spencer really came into their own in Barboni's films,and for Hill the NOBODY films.

I prefer Hill doing comedy best,the exception being VIVA DJANGO.

IL COMMISSARIO

I liked Hill's DJANGO movie but I don't think he fit the character at all. He's too lithe. Maybe after seeing him in so many lighter toned films I guess.

The Hunchback

I guess I'm the only one who thinks GOD FORGIVES...isn't dull. However, I do think it's deliberatley paced and the version I got is very bad as well.

I'll let you know in a few days.

IL COMMISSARIO

No need to let me know. I already know I like it. ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.