Euro Cult Movie Forum > Police & Crime

High Crime / La polizia incrimina la legge assolve (Enzo G. Castellari, 1973)

<< < (2/38) > >>

Paul:

--- Quote from: Dorado on 09 Jul 2007 - 02:44 ---I just saw this film again I have it on the 23rd Century DVD.

The film is by far Castellari’s best crime film IMO, and one of the best Italian crime films at all.

The soundtrack is also great, I think it’s going to be one of the next things I have to purchase if it’s available on CD that is.

--- End quote ---

An expanded CD under the La Polizia incrimina la legge assolve title was recently released in Italy. Check eBay, I've seen them on there.

IL COMMISSARIO:
I watched this last night. Wonderful and overly brutal movie with some scenes I was not expecting. Castellari could really put some effort into his movies when he wanted to. Nero isn't as wooden or stiff as he is in other movies. Actually he's quite good.

Speaking of EXECUTION SQUAD, I found a movie with the same storyline but shot in 1971 entitled KILL! with James Mason. Anyone know anything about this one?

vigilanteforce:

--- Quote from: IL COMMISSARIO on 11 Jul 2007 - 20:24 ---Nero isn't as wooden or stiff as he is in other movies. Actually he's quite good.
--- End quote ---

Where was Nero wooden?

IL COMMISSARIO:
KEOMA (mostly in the "fight" scenes; the film is still excellent, though)
JONATHAN OF THE BEARS
ENTER THE NINJA
These 3 immediately come to mind...

Paul:
I never thought of Nero as being Wooden in KEOMA. I've not seen the other three. IMO, Nero gives a great deal of depth to his characters, and the fact he does his own dubbing helps considerably.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version