• 19 Jan 2020 - 21:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fandub/sub questions..  (Read 2182 times)

zykl0nb

Fandub/sub questions..
« on: 26 Nov 2007 - 06:29 »

In my DVD buying career, I've on occasion accidentally bought a DVD with no English-language options whatsoever (which taught me to pay closer attention to item descriptions on Xploited Cinema's website..).  Right now I think I have the Italian releases of Brothers 'Til We Die (Banda del gobbo) and Damned in Venice (Nero veneziano).  My questions are as follows:

Are they worth doing a custom fandub/sub project with?
Are subbed/dubbed versions of either already available?
How do you guys go about doing a custom  dub or sub?

Fortunately both DVDs have Italian subtitles, so I suppose I could convert them to an srt-format text file, and then get somehow translate them.  Unfortunately I know very little Italian, and would probably have to resort to paying a translation service to do it for me.

Since you guys know more about this stuff than I do, I'd appreciate the feedback.

IL COMMISSARIO

Re: Fandub/sub questions..
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2007 - 06:33 »

Here's a link to a thread about this very thing...

http://www.lovelockandload.net/forum/index.php?topic=865.0

zykl0nb

« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2007 - 06:34 »

thanks for the link

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2007 - 06:40 »

No problem. Not sure if it completely answers your question, but there's a list of various fan dubs/subs done already.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2007 - 10:15 »

I use a combination of different software.  I use Adobe Premiere to produce the composite audio, Subtitle Workshop and SubRip to build subtitles and DVD Lab to build the final DVD.

Creating audio composites can be frustrating but is certainly quicker than building subtitles.  I am working on a composite at the moment and the subs are an absolute nightmare.  To translate your subs you could use Babelfish interpreter which, although not totally accurate, can give you a rough idea of translations.  Or, alternatively, you could outsource and pay for someone to translate or find a subbed/English VHSRIP to work from.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #5 on: 26 Nov 2007 - 13:00 »

In my DVD buying career, I've on occasion accidentally bought a DVD with no English-language options whatsoever (which taught me to pay closer attention to item descriptions on Xploited Cinema's website..).  Right now I think I have the Italian releases of Brothers 'Til We Die (Banda del gobbo) and Damned in Venice (Nero veneziano).

I can't remember if someone did a sub or dub, but BROTHER TILL WE DIE has been done

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

zykl0nb

« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 2007 - 13:06 »

Thanks for the replies.

If Damned in Venice hasn't been done, is it worth doing (anyone who's seen it, as I haven't yet)?  I'm willing to give it a go if anyone thinks it's actually worth it.  I'd be using this source, which has pretty good anamorphic video (better than existing copies).  I feel stupid for accidentally buying it, but I'd hate to let it totally goto waste..

p.s. if Brothers 'Til We Die has been done, can someone hook me up with an srt file of the subs?  ;D

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2007 - 13:09 »

p.s. if Brothers 'Til We Die has been done, can someone hook me up with an srt file of the subs?  ;D

'La banda del Gobbo' is a dub job, no subs for that one.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 34 queries.