• 22 Nov 2017 - 22:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Death Laid An Egg / La morte ha fatto l'uovo (Giulio Questi, 1968)  (Read 24315 times)

Strigoyu

• Almost Human

It's a real pity that Neo Publishing never releases this movie. As someone said before, the "new" Italian release is not complete at all, though... And the Japanese version suffers from interlaced artifacts resulting from a PAL to NTSC conversion! I am completely sure that both Japanese and Italian DVD releases come from the same master.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Spanish VHS sleeve.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action

There's a new fan comp/sub print at CG.  The extra German VHS scenes are blended back into the Japanese source and subtitled in English.  The issues with the Japanese source are mentioned by the uploader, a result "of the weird encoding with interlaced and fieldblended video. Also this DVD is cut by some minutes which are available on German VHS. To reconstruct a progressive video stream I had to investigate deeply into Avisynth scripting nightmare."
The result is a triple audio 16 x 9 edition (   English / German / Italian, no subs ).
I watched  & think it came out great so until something better comes along...
here are examples of the vhs restored bits ( lots nicer than the version at the beginning of this thread )

Alot of the footage is ultra graphic slaughterhouse stuff....it was surprisingly nasty  :o

bdc

Looking great,thank you for the hard work!  :P

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

Nice work indeed. I must get round to comparing the Italian DVD with the Japanese DVD. The Italian DVD appears to be slightly cropped and is also missing considerable footage.  According to Italian genre critic Antonio Bruschini, between 20 - 25 minutes of footage is missing.  He discusses this, in Italian, in the following YouTube video:

!

mondomedia

• Almost Human
  • archive - 35mm - memorabilia - 45s
    • Mondo Media

look, what´s coming!

...and YES, the second film is YELLOW - LE CUGINE... in HD!

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action

Interesting so if a HD master of Death exists that means it could pop up in other areas too, potential 88 Films release?

Raf A.

• Almost Human

This will only have German audio with English subs. I'll wait for another release.

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica

Are the English subs confirmed? I'm good with that, great to see this film at all, especially in HD  ::)
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

If it's German only, do you think it's a transfer of the German version rather than the Italian?

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

Blu-Ray came this morning. Not sure what to make of it. Think it might be a transfer of the German version. I instantly suspect cult film releases from German Blu-Ray labels to be upscales, but this looks pretty good in places. It is 1080p/24fps AVC with an average bitrate of 23.4, so considerably compressed; most likely to fit the two films onto one disc. Will try and watch it projected later. Audio is German only with English subs.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Cheers for the update Oli, doesn't look half bad. Be keen to hear what you think after watching it on your projector though.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Audio is German only with English subs.
That was what I needed confirming about.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Audio is German only with English subs.
That was what I needed confirming about.
It's fucker because that's a deal breaker for me, I feel bad saying it but I can't watch it in German with subtitles. I'll await the inevitable fan dub.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

The Italian version with English subtitles is included in SD as an extra feature. Can confirm that it is taken from a German print and what appears to be a dated print. Colours are good, but definition is soft. Compression is poor; a higher bit rate and stronger encoding would have improved the noise/grain structure.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 21 queries.