• 19 Jan 2021 - 01:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Rise of the Footsoldier (Julian Gibley, 2007)  (Read 11008 times)

Phill

Re: Rise of The Footsoldier (Julian Gibley, 2007)
« Reply #15 on: 17 Jan 2008 - 20:06 »

Watched this again the other night and I've decided I really don't like it. I think a lot of it was because I know of a few people like this locally and as one of my mates said watching it the world would be a better place without a few of them. These idiots aren't gangster's they're just pushers and not very clever or funny ones, as someone once said of real gangsters they aren't stupid and they aren't funny, well they got the second part right in this film. A lot of it smacked of Goodfellas imitation to me, the flash cuts, the voiceover, but none of the characters were remotley as engaging as the one's portrayed in Scorsese's masterpiece. Just my opinion of course so don't come after me for not putting the pizza topping of your choice on  :(

death_proof_reg

« Reply #16 on: 18 Jan 2008 - 11:11 »

Watched this last night, I thought it was awful. Every scene was over the top and funny. I didnt think ANY of the cast did a good job, they were like cartoons and why did it have pretty much every actor in The Football Factory in it? I found it pretty frustrating to watch to be honest.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #17 on: 18 Jan 2008 - 11:45 »

none of the characters were remotley as engaging as the one's portrayed in Scorsese's masterpiece.
You may not like the film, granted but how the fuck can you compare it to GOODFELLAS.

That would be like comparing a Fidani to a Leone film.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #18 on: 18 Jan 2008 - 11:49 »

none of the characters were remotley as engaging as the one's portrayed in Scorsese's masterpiece.
You may not like the film, granted but how the fuck can you compare it to GOODFELLAS.

That would be like comparing a Fidani to a Leone film.

I do see what Phil is trying to say, mate - he's comparing the directorial style and there were moments in the film (i.e. use of free frame during scenes with voice over) that reminded me of GOODFELLAS too.

I didnt think ANY of the cast did a good job, they were like cartoons

I'd be careful what you say, Reg - Marc introduced me to Terry Stone (guy that plays Tony; him with the magnificent wig) a couple of months ago. I reckon he could have your arms out of their sockets without even trying!  :-\

"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

death_proof_reg

« Reply #19 on: 18 Jan 2008 - 16:18 »

I'm sure he could. Anyway, how come he even had that wig on? the real guy he was playing didnt have hair like that? anyway I meant in general the film just had that kind of feeling, every scene was a fight or the main guy playing it cool and laid back which I thought was funny, like he was all wise, it just all felt.. too unreal I guess.

Captain

« Reply #20 on: 21 Jan 2008 - 12:01 »

Need to check this one out. Love this kinda stuff. And holy shit, those pictures are disturbing, kinda sad too.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #21 on: 21 Jan 2008 - 13:28 »

I'm sure he could. Anyway, how come he even had that wig on? the real guy he was playing didnt have hair like that? anyway I meant in general the film just had that kind of feeling, every scene was a fight or the main guy playing it cool and laid back which I thought was funny, like he was all wise, it just all felt.. too unreal I guess.
You would have probably liked it if it was set in Scotland :D

death_proof_reg

« Reply #22 on: 21 Jan 2008 - 16:00 »

I definately wouldnt have, same film with scottish actors set in scotland? no chance.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #23 on: 21 Jan 2008 - 16:04 »

I definately wouldnt have, same film with scottish actors set in scotland? no chance.

What? Even if it were written by Irvine Welsh, directed by Michael Caton-Jones and starring Mel Gibson doing his best Scortish accent?
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

death_proof_reg

« Reply #24 on: 21 Jan 2008 - 16:26 »

It probably would have been even shitter, for all I know, I mean that river city (scottish eastenders) makes me laugh the accents are that horrible.

Look, in this film someone cant order a pizza without someone else getting battered, it adds nothing to the story and makes it comic. I wanted to like this but I couldnt.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #25 on: 21 Jan 2008 - 16:34 »

Look, in this film someone cant order a pizza without someone else getting battered, it adds nothing to the story and makes it comic. I wanted to like this but I couldnt.
that scene made me laugh, don't mug someone off when you don't know who they are.

we've all had similar incidents on the internet (especially ebay) where someone cunts you off, a good few cunts like that have got cocky and i would have liked to pay them a visit.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #26 on: 21 Jan 2008 - 17:04 »

This actually happened with that Pat Tate,i remember some documentary about him not too long after the shootings where he done up a pizza worker over something and the police told the bloke not to take it any further as they couldn't guarantee his safety if it went to court etc.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #27 on: 21 Jan 2008 - 19:02 »

No word of a lie, the dad of a friend I used to know beat up someone in a fried chicken shop once. Batter him righ up (pun intended) in front of his little kid no less.

death_proof_reg

« Reply #28 on: 21 Jan 2008 - 19:44 »

Granted, if it all happened then fair enough its in the film, but all it does for me is take real stories and fights and make them seem.. well not real.

vigilanteforce

« Reply #29 on: 02 Sep 2009 - 10:27 »

I am surprised there is no thread for this gem! I watched this recently and was blown away by the non-stop violence and the GREAT performances by the 3 leading actors. Just wondered if the Brittish members over here dig it! For me, it became an instant favorite.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.