• 06 Apr 2020 - 01:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: Top Sensation / The Seducers (Ottavio Alessi, 1969)  (Read 113608 times)

Filmbar70

Re: Top Sensation / The Seducers (Ottavio Alessi, 1969)
« Reply #120 on: 13 Apr 2012 - 16:02 »

Quite simply the best news I've heard, well, ever...

Funktion

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #121 on: 13 Apr 2012 - 16:17 »

C'mon, Blu-Ray or bust.  ;D

I want to see Edwige and Rosalba making out in HD!

Zarith

« Reply #122 on: 13 Apr 2012 - 17:02 »

VIVA Camera Obscura !

I've never seen it, I was waiting for an official version. Thanks for working in it  ::)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Top Sensation / The Seducers (Ottavio Alessi, 1969)
« Reply #123 on: 13 Apr 2012 - 17:38 »

Really great news. Wonderful!
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
Top Sensation / The Seducers (Ottavio Alessi, 1969)
« Reply #124 on: 13 Apr 2012 - 22:29 »

Awesome news. The best Euro-Cult DVD label without doubt.

fenriz

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #125 on: 14 Apr 2012 - 12:57 »

That's just what i was thinking!!  :P

Camera = best label in the world!! and by far!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #126 on: 14 Apr 2012 - 14:11 »

Most anticipated Euro DVD release ever?  And a 2 disc-er!

I'm guessing (and hoping) that disc one will be the uncut English language version and the second disc will be the alternate German version with the re-shot scenes with German actors?

Anyway...I'm all over this. BTW - Excellent cover art too guys.  ;)

Bogan The Wanderer

« Reply #127 on: 14 Apr 2012 - 14:12 »

Absolutely brilliant news!   ::)  ::)  :P  ;)

Jamie

• Almost Human
« Reply #128 on: 17 Apr 2012 - 07:15 »

Excellent cover art too guys.  ;)
Yeah, I love the cover. This is awesome news! You guys are to be commended for doing this.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #129 on: 18 Apr 2012 - 15:39 »

Most anticipated Euro DVD release ever?  And a 2 disc-er!

I'm guessing (and hoping) that disc one will be the uncut English language version and the second disc will be the alternate German version with the re-shot scenes with German actors?

Anyway...I'm all over this. BTW - Excellent cover art too guys.  ;)

I was just reading about this on the Gentedirispetto forums:

From what I understood it's a 2 disc set - The first disc will contain the Italian version, remastered from the original negative, and the second disc will contain some sort of 'composite' from all the different releases of the export version...

However, according to Quidtum (edit: the Nocturno forums!) the Italian version had already passed through the censors hands at least three times before it was approved for release...  So there are two very distinct versions of 'Top Sensation', namely, the Italian version and the 'Export' version so there isn't really 'one' definitive version. It will be interesting to see how quality of the composite print fares, but there's no mention of it being remastered from the negative...

Either way, it's still going to be a million times better than all the copies that are floating around now...

I must confess I've always avoided this one simply because the only copies I've seen look like the original print had been thrown around in a sand storm and then placed back on the reels.

::)

(note to self: Reading the previous nine pages before posting might have been a good idea...)
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

quidtum

• One Just Man
« Reply #130 on: 18 Apr 2012 - 16:47 »

To be honest and to give the proper credits, these info about the movie were actually gathered by A.N. and Alessio di Rocco, who had both probably access to the censorship documents
http://forum.nocturno.it/index.php?topic=214.msg6138#msg6138
Moreover, at the end of that Nocturno thread, you can read that the Italian TV broadcasts, aired on our ex prime minister's TV channels, have more cuts than the print which was screened at the movie theathers in Italy.
http://forum.nocturno.it/index.php?topic=214.msg523192#msg523192

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #131 on: 18 Apr 2012 - 18:03 »

Thanks Quidtum, I missed that link....

Wow! What can I say? Reading through that thread it gets even more confusing...

The story so far...

1) Film is made and submitted to Italian censors > Censors don't approve and it's cut.

2) This second version is the one that is released - So, I'm 'assuming' that's the version Camera Obscura are releasing...

3) The Spanish version is, from what I could gather, the 'first' version but with the 'goat scene' removed.

4) Mediaset in Italy screen an even more censored version on one of the Italian TV channels - but it includes footage at the end that neither of the two prints above have.

5) The 'export' version - alternate scenes, etc... Released on VHS by 'Something Weird' - incredibly worn master... I turned it off after five minutes.

6) Another 'export' version released in Germany - I could be wrong but I don't think it's identical to the 'Something Weird' tape... Luca mentioned something about this to me a while ago.

Erm...

Thoughts?

"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Re: Top Sensation / The Seducers (Ottavio Alessi, 1969)
« Reply #132 on: 18 Apr 2012 - 18:42 »

Thanks Quidtum, I missed that link....

Wow! What can I say? Reading through that thread it gets even more confusing...

The story so far...

1) Film is made and submitted to Italian censors > Censors don't like and it's cut.

2) This second version is the one that is released - So, I'm 'assuming' that's the version Camera Obscura are releasing...

3) The Spanish version is, from what I could gather, the 'first' version (i.e. it's uncut)

4) Mediaset in Italy screen an even more censored version on one of the Italian TV channels... This is the 'third' censored version. Hopefully we won't see that one again!

5) The 'export' version - alternate scenes, etc... Released on VHS by 'Something Weird' - incredibly worn master... I turned it off after five minutes.

6) Another 'export' version released in Germany - I could be wrong but I don't think it's identical to the 'Something Weird' tape... Luca mentioned something about this to me a while ago.

Erm...

Thoughts?

I ran through the 'basic' differences between the US, German and Spanish versions earlier in the thread! I'm sure Sef can go into more detail as he put a composite together ages ago.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #133 on: 18 Apr 2012 - 19:45 »

Cheers Jonny, I found Luca's post at the bottom of page 2... 

quidtum

• One Just Man
« Reply #134 on: 18 Apr 2012 - 21:09 »

3) The Spanish version is, from what I could gather, the 'first' version (i.e. it's uncut)

Not exactly, the Malibu video Spanish release includes the twenty-one censored cuts from the Italian print but it's missing the goat scene and the final scene of the Italian TV print.
http://www.nocturno.it/news/eros-e-misteri-di-top-sensation
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 35 queries.