• 29 May 2020 - 22:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Giallo (Dario Argento, 2008)  (Read 60166 times)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Giallo (Dario Argento, 2008)
« on: 12 Dec 2007 - 09:16 »

Just read on DVD Manaics that Argento is rushing his latest into production, with it shooting in Turin January through March. The film is set to star Asia Argento, Ray Liotta and Asia's ex-fiance, Vincent Gallo.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

vigilanteforce

Re: Giallo (Dario Argento, 2008)
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 11:00 »

I'd like to know more about it, definitely sounds cool!

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 11:03 »

Here;s the synopsis from IMDB, mate:

An American Stewardess and an Italian Detective team up in a race against time to find her sister who has been abducted by a maniacal serial killer known only as "YELLOW," who has been disfiguring and murdering beautiful women on the streets of Milan.

...maybe the location has been changed since that synopsis was written.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Diabolik2

« Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 14:06 »

I wonder how he still gets those high budgets.
His last 4 films were so bad.

A pity that f.e. a director like Sergio Martino doesn't want to (or cannot get the money) make a giallo.

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 15:00 »

So, the English title of this film is going to be... YELLOW? Not sure if that's the most sellable title but oh well...

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 15:10 »

I should imagine it'll be called GIALLO, with a summary explanation given at some point during the film.

Diabolik2

« Reply #6 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 16:31 »

Must be the most original title Argento came up with... :D

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #7 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 16:32 »

I wonder what colour the poster will be?  >:(
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Peter Neal

« Reply #8 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 17:12 »

Hmmmm....there's a simplicity coming with that title, which MIGHT actually work in the movie's favour. I really like the sound of this. It could easily become another gem like "Sleepless"..and though I know many fans count it as one of Argento's latter day failures it ranks quite highly amongst my personal frequently rewatched faves.... ::)

Bring it on, Dario! :-\

zykl0nb

« Reply #9 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 17:17 »

Sorry, he reached his creative peak a long time ago.  He should have called it quits in the 80s.

Diabolik2

« Reply #10 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 17:17 »

Hmmmm....there's a simplicity coming with that title, which MIGHT actually work in the movie's favour. I really like the sound of this. It could easily become another gem like "Sleepless"..and though I know many fans count it as one of Argento's latter day failures it ranks quite highly amongst my personal frequently rewatched faves.... ::)

Bring it on, Dario! :-\

You call SLEEPLESS a gem?

Peter Neal

« Reply #11 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 17:22 »

Actually I do....But I also had the fortune of seeing it for the first time on the big screen during the "Fantasy Film Fest" in Hamburg 2001 in a theatre filled with like minded people. ::)

I like the "train opening", Von Sydow's performance as retired Inspector Moretti, the Goblin score, the "New York Ripper" hommages, the gory murders.... ;)

Yeah, the movie has flaws, mostly noticable in the English dub and too much focus on the younger characters - while Moretti is far more engaging...but I still enjoy it immensely. :-X

zykl0nb

« Reply #12 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 17:28 »

I recall laughing AT Sleepless quite a bit, in particular one scene where an onlooker mistakes a dummy for a human or some such nonsense.  But to each his own!  I will obviously give Giallo a try, I can't pass up a new Argento movie.  Although I swear I had the idea of making a giallo and naming it Giallo...

Diabolik2

« Reply #13 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 17:35 »

Actually I do....But I also had the fortune of seeing it for the first time on the big screen during the "Fantasy Film Fest" in Hamburg 2001 in a theatre filled with like minded people. ::)

I like the "train opening", Von Sydow's performance as retired Inspector Moretti, the Goblin score, the "New York Ripper" hommages, the gory murders.... ;)

Yeah, the movie has flaws, mostly noticable in the English dub and too much focus on the younger characters - while Moretti is far more engaging...but I still enjoy it immensely. :-X

In fact it's the atrocious English dub and some characters that did it for me.

I agree on the soundtrack and the opening, that was at least a return to the good old days.

CARD PLAYER was much much worse!

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #14 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 18:18 »

Although I swear I had the idea of making a giallo and naming it Giallo...

A Lebanese guy called Antoine Waked beat him to it with his 2005 short...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 34 queries.