• 26 Jun 2022 - 08:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Death Hunt / No alla violenza (Tano Cimarosa, 1977)  (Read 20077 times)

Diabolik

• One Just Man
    • Diabolik - European Trash Cinema On Danish Video
Re: Death Hunt/No Alla Violenza (Tano Cimarosa, 1977)
« Reply #15 on: 30 Dec 2007 - 15:22 »

By the way... Here's the danish cover for Death Hunt;

/D

Canisius

Re: Death Hunt / No alla violenza (Tano Cimarosa, 1977)
« Reply #16 on: 20 Dec 2008 - 14:07 »

I LOVE this movie. From the very beginning “Death Hunt” brings all the tasty ingredients to the table I want to see in a cheap and sleazy Poliziotteschi: a group of rowdies enters a restaurant and immediately start swearing and just behaving utterly antisocial. One brave or should we say stupid guest tries to play the tough guy and gets shot directly into his face, unbelievable! Al Cliver is kind of a Merli character in here, neatly dressed and with a trimmed moustache, he does a solid job but I must say that I expected a little more overacting of him. Speaking of the plot there are several rapes and rape attempts, most of them performed by the sex maniac of one of the criminal gangs who is constantly laughing and giggling in a way a sex maniac should laugh and giggle, if you ask me. However, the main attraction, the actor that totally steals the show, is director Tano Cimarosa himself. After his daughter is killed in a car crash by some thugs, Tano sees red and goes after the bad guys and one thing is certain: one by one, they will fall! Holy shit, Death Hunt is Cimarosa’s personal “Death Wish” and they way he mercilessly murders the gang members is just nuts and highly entertaining at the same time. One criminal got stabbed in his thigh and Tano’s rage is clearly shown in this scene: he twists the knife several times and his facial expression and cursings make this kill really nasty. Another highlight and my favourite death is the gang leader’s demise while taking a shower: Tano creeps into his apartment and just stabs him several times with some huge knife without saying a word, now, this is strong and sick. I LOVE this movie!

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #17 on: 20 Dec 2008 - 22:27 »

However, the main attraction, the actor that totally steals the show, is director Tano Cimarosa himself.
He also directed and starred in the Sicilian crime/melodrama UOMINI DI PAROLA which wasn't too bad i thought,a bit rough and ready and obviously made with a tiny budget (much like DEATH HUNT) it even features a couple of sex scenes including Tano getting it on with his wife in a hospital bed :-\

Should really have sent you a copy of this as well mate,would've made a nice doublebill.

frankie

« Reply #18 on: 21 Dec 2008 - 02:13 »

i have the Italian locandina hanging in my living room and in the bedroom a Mexican lobby card for Napoli Violenta that has B&W inserts from Death Hunt for some reason...

Canisius

« Reply #19 on: 21 Dec 2008 - 19:34 »

However, the main attraction, the actor that totally steals the show, is director Tano Cimarosa himself.
He also directed and starred in the Sicilian crime/melodrama UOMINI DI PAROLA which wasn't too bad i thought,a bit rough and ready and obviously made with a tiny budget (much like DEATH HUNT) it even features a couple of sex scenes including Tano getting it on with his wife in a hospital bed :-\

Should really have sent you a copy of this as well mate,would've made a nice doublebill.

Wow, that sounds interesting indeed! :-\

Canisius

« Reply #20 on: 21 Dec 2008 - 19:36 »

i have the Italian locandina hanging in my living room and in the bedroom a Mexican lobby card for Napoli Violenta that has B&W inserts from Death Hunt for some reason...

Awesome! ::)

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #21 on: 23 Dec 2008 - 07:56 »

That Danish video s;eeve is the best one I've seen for Death Hunt so far...worst has to be the Greek one.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #22 on: 27 Sep 2009 - 18:25 »

For anyone who's interested here's the incomplete trailer for Cimarosa's UOMINI DI PAROLA from 1981.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGKfAEICamE

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #23 on: 27 Sep 2009 - 18:40 »

For anyone who's interested here's the (incomplete?) trailer for Cimarosa's UOMINI DI PAROLA from 1981.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGKfAEICamE

Looks good

Would i be expecting to much if there was an English friendly version of the film out there somewhere?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #24 on: 27 Sep 2009 - 19:17 »

Would i be expecting to much if there was an English friendly version of the film out there somewhere?
There's no English language edition available that i know of though there's a chance a dub might have been prepared for the export market.I've only ever seen it in Italian via the New Pentax vhs which doesn't look too bad,also had a copy of the Greek tape but it appears i must have lost this somewhere on my travels.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #25 on: 27 Sep 2009 - 19:27 »

Cheers Stephen, here's hoping someone does a fansub :D

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #26 on: 27 Sep 2009 - 21:29 »

The Italian language print I've seen of this was rotten. Would really love to get my hands on a decent version. Thanks for the trailer Stephen.

Farmer_J

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #27 on: 05 Oct 2015 - 21:54 »

Spanish VHS sleeve. Almost won a copy but got outbid at the last minute. I have no idea if quality was better than the current rip.
Its Santoni disco time!

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
Re: Death Hunt/No Alla Violenza (Tano Cimarosa, 1977)
« Reply #28 on: 05 Oct 2015 - 22:59 »

I got my copy off Tanzi so maybe mine isn't the Danish print after all. I'll check it when I get home and if it's the Finnish one I'll post a couple of grabs for comparison.
Have you still got it, Jonny?

I sold the tape ages ago, wanted to watch it a while ago and couldn't find my own DVD-R.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #29 on: 06 Oct 2015 - 05:21 »

Should be here somewhere, I'll have to have a dig around though
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.