• 12 Jul 2020 - 21:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommend German DVDs  (Read 9656 times)

Delirium

• Almost Human
Re: Recommend German DVDs
« Reply #15 on: 25 Dec 2007 - 23:01 »

Well, i've not seen any of the White Fang flicks - but been meaning to check them out. Not a starting point I take it..

Thanks for the info on the disc. Are they essential to see in order?

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #16 on: 25 Dec 2007 - 23:22 »

Naah... I don't think it makes much of a difference what order you view them in. The White Fang films are all unrelated except the original WHITE FANG (1973) directed by Lucio Fulci, and its sequel CHALLENGE TO WHITE (1974), also directed by Fulci and featuring many of the same cast members. So you should be sure to check out WHITE FANG before you see CHALLENGE. There's a nice-German double DVD release with both those films but it's in German only!  :-[ I don't suppose there are any fandubs of these two floating around?

The other Italian White Fang movies are the aforementioned WHITE FANG TO THE RESCUE (1974) and WHITE FANG AND THE GOLD DIGGERS (1974), as well as WHITE FANG AND THE HUNTER (1975). There's also I FIGLI DI ZANNA BIANCA (1974) and ZANNA BIANCA E IL GRANDE KID (1977) but I've never been able to find these in English.

Although not an official entry, I would strongly recommend Joe D'Amato's excellent CORMACK OF THE MOUNTIES (1975), which is a very similar type of film starring Fabio Testi and Lynne Frederick, who were also in FOUR OF THE APOCALYPSE together around the same time. There's also THE GREAT ADVENTURE (1975) with Jack Palance and Joan Collins, not to mention the all-star Euro cast CALL OF THE WILD (1972), which is the film that got the whole Italian White Fang craze started.

I haven't seen each and every one of these films myself but I warmly recommend WHITE FANG TO THE RESCUE and CORMACK OF THE MOUNTIES as they are both very enjoyable and well-made films!  :'(

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #17 on: 26 Dec 2007 - 11:30 »

Caught up with D'amato's CORMACK OF THE MOUNTIES on a UK sat channel a few weeks back,it had the title RED COATS and wasn't that a bad film.Hopefully they'll show it again soon as i'd like to make a copy of it.

vigilanteforce

« Reply #18 on: 27 Dec 2007 - 14:26 »

Is there any reliable German online store accepting paypal? There are a few German discs I need at the moment and it would be nice to order them all at once.

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #19 on: 28 Dec 2007 - 19:44 »

There's a nice-German double DVD release with both those films but it's in German only!  :-[ I don't suppose there are any fandubs of these two floating around?

Yeah, i'd be curious too.. very much like to see White Fang after reading up on it now.

Gary B.

« Reply #20 on: 29 Dec 2007 - 16:59 »

I've noticed there are a few Chris Mitchum action movies on German DVD's that I'd like to get (AMERICAN HUNTER and COMMANDER FIREFOX), but I don't think they have English options...?  Anybody have these that could verify this?

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #21 on: 31 Dec 2007 - 00:41 »

Well, my order placed on the 19th is still pending (with D&T Mailorder). I know it's been christmas & whatnot.. but anyone give me an idea of how soon these guys usually post? Although I can log into the account - I never got an email for my order either..

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #22 on: 31 Dec 2007 - 13:22 »

I placed an order on the 20th and it's still 'in process' I'd assume it will be shipped by the end of the week allowing for Christmas and New Year. My last order came packaged in a sturdy cardboard box and I always receive email notification when it's been dispatched.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #23 on: 31 Dec 2007 - 14:47 »

I placed an order on the 20th and it's still 'in process' I'd assume it will be shipped by the end of the week allowing for Christmas and New Year. My last order came packaged in a sturdy cardboard box and I always receive email notification when it's been dispatched.

Good to know.. Thanks Jonny!

fdsmedia

« Reply #24 on: 01 Jan 2008 - 14:01 »

I would recommend the 1970 German pseudo-western DEADLOCK starring Mario Adorf, it's got English audio options - more info here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065620/

Trailer:
http://www.filmgalerie451.de/content/vertrieb/k_deadl_trailer.htm

Mart85

« Reply #25 on: 01 Jan 2008 - 14:14 »

I would recommend the 1970 German pseudo-western DEADLOCK starring Mario Adorf, it's got English audio options - more info here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065620/

Trailer:
http://www.filmgalerie451.de/content/vertrieb/k_deadl_trailer.htm

Seconded.  Great flick.  ::) :-X

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #26 on: 11 Jan 2008 - 15:13 »

The German release of WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS is much better than the redemption release.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Red Skeletons

« Reply #27 on: 12 Jan 2008 - 19:49 »

Guys I'd like to hear more about DEADLOCK - I kinda, sort-of know this movie by name because the great German band Can do some music for the film (collected on their Soundtracks album....) What's this movie like ?

Thanks,
Wes

Mart85

« Reply #28 on: 12 Jan 2008 - 20:55 »

I really like it.  It's like a 70s arthouse / exploitation version of THE GOOD THE BAD & THE UGLY crossed with the opening of ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST, if that makes sense.  There's three characters squabbling over a briefcase full of cash in a ghost town and a fair bit of the movie is them waiting around for something to happen.  If you like the sound of that its worth checking out.

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica
« Reply #29 on: 13 Jan 2008 - 17:36 »

Thanks for the recommendation, it looks really good. One of those films you only hear about by word of mouth (eg. a superb forum like this).

Added to my growing Amazon.de wishlist!

Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 35 queries.