• 29 Nov 2020 - 12:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommend German DVDs  (Read 10693 times)

Delirium

• Almost Human
Recommend German DVDs
« on: 19 Dec 2007 - 10:59 »

Inspired by a similar thread. I need to purchase something else from D&T.. but having read through this excellent forum, I realise i'm missing out on a whole bunch of fantastic German dvd releases! Having just bought 4 Flies, and owning Iguana With The Tounge Of Fire, my collection is extremely small!

Giallo recommendations are especially welcome, but any exploitation, horror, crime & euro sleaze are more than welcome.

Any tips for websites that list Euro extended/uncut editions of euro films not available elsewhere would also be mightily appreciated. I admit the majority of mine are R1, with a few Italian releases here and there - but I just don't know what's out there, or what to go for euro wise. I feel like i'm missing out on a heck of a lot.

Stephen Grimes

Re: Recommend German DVDs
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2007 - 11:09 »

Check out Kochmedia's MALASTRANA (Short Night of the Glass Dolls) by Aldo Lado which has a beautiful transfer with English options and comes in a wonderfully designed digipack with booklet,the same label also released WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS? which again looked great and came in a digipack w/booklet.Both highly recommended.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2007 - 11:10 »

There's some handy website's listed at the link below...

http://www.lovelockandload.net/forum/index.php?topic=408.0

Bearice Cenci is well worth picking up on the NEW label.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2007 - 11:56 »

There's a few crimeflicks, too - RISKING and SAHARA CROSS instantly spring to mind.

As previously stated, there's IGUANA WITH THE TONGUE OF FIRE and DEATH CARRIED A CANE too. Hell, there are a lot of decent German releases--especially if you're a fan of spaghetti westerns--check out some of the stuff released by Koch Media; a lot of them are English friendly.  :-X
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Mart85

« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2007 - 12:11 »

The Koch DVD of BLINDMAN is well worth picking up.

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2007 - 13:44 »

Thanks for the info guys.. I'm mid-purchase. Anyone help me out quickly by telling me - If one of my items is "not available - ordered by request", does this mean they will order it in and send with the rest of my order? I can add it to the basket, and it's not a pre-order or anything - but does have the red triangle and that note with it (the rest being in-stock).

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #6 on: 19 Dec 2007 - 13:46 »

It means they haven't got it and will send it when it's in stock. No idea if they'll hold back the rest of your order and send all together or just ship what they have and send the other item later...

Peter Neal

« Reply #7 on: 19 Dec 2007 - 14:10 »

Depends on how large your order is.
I once had an order for 14 flicks, with 10 arriving together, while the rest were hold back until all 4 titles were in stock.

I'd keep an open eye for neleases by the following labels: Koch Media, Anolis, ems.
They usually deliver the goods

For example: there's an excellent DVD of Carpenter's "Assault" by ems, including the director's commentary and further extras not present on many other R2 releases.

Anolis put together a now legendary and oop DVD SE of "Blood and Black Lace" and Koch's Hammer DVDs have really moody cover art. ::)

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #8 on: 19 Dec 2007 - 16:04 »

and DEATH CARRIED A CANE too.

Make sure you get the double-disc set from CFA, not the single-disc X-Rated release.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Gary B.

« Reply #9 on: 19 Dec 2007 - 17:29 »

The Koch DVD of BLINDMAN is well worth picking up.
I actually just finally ordered that one this week!  In fact, most of the KOCH western DVD's I have are great, especially 'Johnny Hamlet', and 'Death Sentence'.

The DVD's of 'The Ultimate Warrior', the post-apocalyptic action film with Yul Brynner, and 'Man in the Wilderness' are definitely worth picking up - they've never been released on DVD before.

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #10 on: 19 Dec 2007 - 17:54 »

Thanks for all the help guys.. Sorry I didn't reply sooner - not to seem rude, but I was at work and had to log off quickly..

Jonny, my initial purchase was "Bearice Cenci"! Went for the green cover..

Stephen, I love "Short Night".. I have the R1, so hopped at the chance to pick up the "MALASTRANA" Digipack. Nice one! Following that, I went for the "Der Tod Trägt Schwarzes Leder" pack too (which was the one not in stock, but ordered in at request).

Paul/Kevin - I regretted not picking up DEATH CARRIED A CANE before at a film festival. Saw they had the 2 disc set in-stock, did a google - and went for that one! Paul, Iguana.. is one of the few German releases I actually do have!

Bravo everyone - that was a little xmas treat for myself. Once again, first order with these guys, so looking forward to it. I'll take a look at the rest of the recommendations I missed next order! All good un's from the look of it.

Thanks again.  :P

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #11 on: 19 Dec 2007 - 19:21 »

There's a nice German DVD of LAST CHANCE, one of a handful of films directed by prolific Eurocult actor Aldo Sambrell. It's available under the title DIE ABRECHNUNG and it contains an un-advertized English audio track! The film itself isn't exactly great but it's decent Euro-fun thanks to Sambrell, who gives himself the leading role and has a hilarious hairdo. There are also lots of other familiar Spanish faces such Fernando Sancho, Frank Braña, George Rigaud, Angel Del Pozo etc.

I also just ordered a German DVD of Alfonso Brescia's WHITE FANG AND THE GOLD DIGGERS under the title WHISKY UND DIE GOLDGRÄBER. It's widescreen and has English audio but I don't know anything more as I haven't received it yet. Looking forward to it, though, as I'm a fan of these Italian White Fang movies. I'll post more about the quality of the disc when I get it.

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #12 on: 20 Dec 2007 - 11:50 »

I also just ordered a German DVD of Alfonso Brescia's WHITE FANG AND THE GOLD DIGGERS under the title WHISKY UND DIE GOLDGRÄBER. It's widescreen and has English audio but I don't know anything more as I haven't received it yet. Looking forward to it, though, as I'm a fan of these Italian White Fang movies. I'll post more about the quality of the disc when I get it.

I'll look forward to your thoughts.

paperbag

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #13 on: 21 Dec 2007 - 01:10 »

Paramounts 2 disc of MY NAME IS NOBODY is probably the best german dvd i've purchased

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #14 on: 25 Dec 2007 - 18:35 »

I'll look forward to your thoughts.

I received this a couple of days ago. It's not only widescreen but anamorphic too, which came as a very welcome surprise. It's far from faultless, though, with lots of dirt around reel changes, grain and a somewhat soft-looking picture. Still, it looks quite decent - certainly much better than the cheap PD releases of various White Fang movies released in the US. The film itself is not in the same league as WHITE FANG TO THE RESCUE. The annoying little, badly-dubbed boy grated on my nerves, the dog isn't really very vital to the story and there are some badly choreographed, "funny" bar fights that play like the worst of Bud Spencer and Terence Hill. Fortunately, the film picks up considerably in its second half. There are good locations and action, and some really good actors. Not the best Italian White Fang film but well worth a look.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 22 queries.