• 07 Jun 2020 - 07:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Eleonora Rossi Drago  (Read 1267 times)

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
RIP Eleonora Rossi Drago
« on: 20 Dec 2007 - 15:31 »

Not quite recent news but I just learned that the great Italian actress Eleonora Rossi Drago died at age 82 from cerebral hemorrhage on December 2nd. I found out completely by chance when I looked at her IMDb page and was surprised that her passing doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere except on Italian cites because Eleonora Rossi Drago was actually a big Italian star back in the day.

Eleonora, who was born in 1925, enjoyed great popularity and was an acclaimed actress in the 1950s and 1960s. Her most famous performance is probably her award-winning leading role in Valerio Zurlini's VIOLENT SUMMER (1959) but she also worked with a number of prominent director such as Luigi Comencini in SHIP OF CONDEMNED WOMEN (1953), Michelangelo Antonioni in LE AMICHE (1955), Pietro Germi in the early Italian thriller THE FACTS OF MURDER (1959) and John Huston in THE BIBLE (1966) etc.

From the 1960s onwards she appeared in more cult-ish and sometimes even downright trashy films. She was in the German krimi CARPET OF HORROR (1962), Silvio Amadio's spy flick ASSASSINATION IN ROME (1963), the all-star cast European exploitation version of UNCLE TOM'S CABIN (1965), Radley Metzger's CAMILLE 2000 (1969), Sergio Bergonzelli's trash giallo IN THE FOLDS OF THE FLESH (1970) and finally in Massimo Dallamano's DORIAN GRAY (1970), after which she retired from acting.

It's sad that her death has gone unnoticed (outside of Italy that is) because Eleonora Rossi Drago was a beautiful and talented actess - a true star. RIP, Eleonora. You will be missed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 34 queries.