• 08 Dec 2019 - 14:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: La Morte non ha sesso/ Black Veil for Lisa (Massimo Dallamano, 1968)  (Read 7422 times)

Peter

• Special Cop In Action
    • Giallo Locandine

Re-watched this the other night. I quite like this thriller which preceds Dallamano's more famous schoolgirls in peril. No sleaze or teenage prostitution rings this time around, as the film centered around Interpol Inspector Bulov (John Mills) and his obsession with the idea that his young wife Lisa (Luciana Paluzzi) is having an affair.

More of a twist based thriller, so don't expect a leather gloved killer creeping in the shadows. Mills jealous inspector isn't particularly likable character, but acting-wise he's great, and the interplay between him and Robert Hoffman is very good. Paluzzi does a good job as the seductive Lisa. 

The version I watched clocked in around the 84 minute mark, but according to Blood & Black Lace the Italian tape runs 91 minutes. Adrian Luther Smith writes that the ending has been shortened but doesn't really go in to details. Anybody that knows?

JoseADiego

• Special Cop In Action

Two different versions for the video in Spain.....

Web

http://psychotronickultvideo.blogspot.com/

Sale Videos

http://videoguia.spaces.live.com/

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

That first cover is really nice Jose  :'(
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

I believe the English version of the film underwent quite a bit of post-production reworking.  Like Commonwealth's other releases VENUS IN FURS and 99 WOMEN, BLACK VEIL FOR LISA has similar postproduction credits including music supervision by Synchronfilm whose library tracks from the Franco film also show up in WEREWOLF VS THE VAMPIRE WOMAN and SISTERS OF DEATH.  American editor Robert S. Eisen is credited as "post production supervisor". He also handled post production on VENUS IN FURS and 99 WOMEN.  Italian editor Daniele Alabiso is credited but Harry Eisen (also post production on VENUS IN FURS) is credited as "editorial supervisor" and Stanley Franzen and Mike Pozen (one of three additional editors on VENUS IN FURS) are credited with Alabiso as editors.  Also, the English version credits Richard Markowitz as composer but the imdb credits Giovanni Fusco (L'ECLISSE) and Gianfranco Reverberi (DELIRIUM, REINCARNATION OF ISABEL) with music.  The theme song is by Alan Gordon and Gary Bonner (both known for the song "Happy Together").

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action

I just watched a nice widescreen tv broadcast of the Italian version, and the English version really was tinkered with, including changing the ending completely  :( 
Compared to the English copy from slightly squeezed VHS and found why the English version runs short.
The EV trims a great many scenes by 5-20 seconds.  Beginnings, ends, sometimes dialog, mostly not though.  No scene is excluded from the EV, and for censorship, only one sex scene is slightly trimmed.
Unique to the Italian version : different music & credits, uncut (mild) sex bit, and that original ending
[spoiler]When Lisa meets Harry at the end and he tells her Max worked for him and her husband hired him to kill her, the US version dissolves to the funeral scene also used for the opening credits.  The Italian version instead pulls back to dozens of police encircling them both and then Harry nabbed and Lisa handcuffed by the inspector. [/spoiler]

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Yes, the crappy English version is missing some superb music by Gianfranco "Delirio Caldo" Reverberi.
The Rai satellite broadcast looks great!

bdc

Belgian poster (up on eBay now)

bdc

Seems Olive Films have this one scheduled for release in the near future.

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato

Can't wait!
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

fenriz

• Special Cop In Action

Same here, one of the few giallo that still need a better widescreen print! the Rai logo on the tvrip sucks!

bdc

I wonder which version they will release?

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

That's good news but I really hope it'll have the Italian language track.

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action

Olive announced today it's coming in October.

Strigoyu

• Almost Human

Yes, but if the running time (88 minutes) is right, then that edition is NOT UNCUT, since I've got a nice 25fps BETACAM telecine (Italian and Spanish dubbed) which runs for about 92 minutes. That'd be around 96 minutes for a 24fps video... Hope that duration on the BluRay specs are not true!!!

Strigoyu

• Almost Human

Here you are some screen caps from my Telecine version:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 33 queries.