• 15 Nov 2019 - 15:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Venus in Furs / Le malizie di Venere (Massimo Dallamano, 1969)  (Read 11299 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

I think they based the song on the novel by Leopold von Sacher-Masoch.

I'd say you were definitely right there Magnus! I just looked it up and the LP that Venus in Furs appears on, The Velvet Underground and Nico, came out in 1967. Two years before the film.  :'(
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

death_proof_reg

I came here to ask the same question, nice. Also this film looks like such a mind fuck.

Almar@Shameless

That it is but for S&M fun done in ultimate style with humour, verve and lashings of darkness our upcoming Frightened Woman is something else. It reminds me of Barbarella but with the addition of what was missing from that film... S&M and nudity!

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

How has THE FRIGHTENED WOMAN faired with the BBFC?  I recall the Redemption (or Salvation) cassette was cut.

death_proof_reg

I need to top up on all these new shameless titles, TORSO, BLACK CAT, VENUS IN FURS (these i dont have) next payday. Double or triple feature veiwing is needed. As for this new film, Almar you put them out i'll buy.

Now let me rant for a bit.

FUCK THE BBFC THOSE FUCKING CUNTS I'M SICK OF THEM TELLING ME WHAT I CAN AND CANT SEE. I JUST SAW CHARLIE WILSONS WAR AND ITS A 15, IT HAS SEX REFERENCES AND BAD LANGUAGE, AND ITS ABOUT WAR, OH AND DRUG REFERENCES, OK SO A 15 RATING IS GOOD I AGREE. RESCUE DAWN, THIS FILM WAS A 12 AND (SPOILERS AHEAD DONT READ) SHOWS A BEHEADING... WHATS UP WITH THAT? (HERZOG IS A LEDGEND BY THE WAY) YET A 18 RATED FILM INVOLVING SEX, SHOWS RAPE AND THEY DONT ALLOW IT? WELL HERE'S THE THING, ANYONE CAN PICTURE WHAT RAPE IS LIKE IN THERE HEAD, THEY CAN SEE A WOMEN SMILING DURING IT, IT BECOMES NORMAL SEX, SO FUCK IF SHE STARTED TO ENJOY IT, IT SOUNDS LIKE SHE WAS A HORNY BITCH ANYWAY FROM THE TYPE OF FILM THIS IS, WOULD THEY CUT A 12 RATED FILM OF A BEHEADING IF THE PERSON BEING MURDERED WANTED IT?

IT WONT RUIN MY ENJOYMENT OF THE FILM, LIKE I SAID WE CAN ALL USE OUR IMAGINATION TO SEE HER ENJOYING IT, AND IF WE DONT, WHO CARES, ITS JUST THE FACT THAT SOME TWAT SITS THERE AND GOES "THIS WOMAN IS SMILING, SHE IS BEING RAPED, WE CANNOT ALLOW PEOPLE TO SEE THIS BECAUSE PEOPLE BEING RAPED MIGHT SEE THIS AND START TO ENJOY IT AND EVERYONE WILL RAPE EVERYBODY ELSE" WHICH IS BULLSHIT.

THEY MADE THIS IS ENGLAND AN 18 BECAUSE IT HAD RACIST COMMENTS IN IT DIDNT THEY, YET IT HAD A STRONG GOOD MESSAGE TO 15 YR OLDS, YET THEY GAVE KIDULTHOOD A 15 WHEN IT JUST GLORIFIED VIOLENCE AND HOW SOME 15 YR OLDS LIVE.

BASICALLY I JUST THINK THEY SUCK, THERE'S WORSE THINGS THAN A RAPE VICTIM ENJOYING HERSELF (JUST SHOWS THE KIND OF PERSON SHE IS, OR HEY, MAYBE ITS NATURAL IN SOME CASES, LEAST ITS HONEST) LIKE WARS AND PEOPLE DYING YET THEY SEE IT FIT TO PULL THIS BULLSHIT? OK "WARS HAPPEN, ITS EDUCATIONAL" SO THEN WHY CANT RAPE BE YOU FUCKING ASS CLENCH.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

Reg, calm down mate. No need for all the SHOUTING, neither...

We really don't have much to complain about these days, mate - hardly anything is cut compared to the days in which the BBFC was run by James Ferman. At least--in most cases--we have the choice of buying something cut or importing an uncut version.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Reg, calm down mate. No need for all the SHOUTING, neither...

Must've just taken his meds and they hadn't kicked in when he was typing that. He's more than likely nodding off in a subway trying to sell copies of 'The Big Issue' now...
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Stephen Grimes

He's more than likely nodding off in a subway trying to sell copies of 'The Big Issue' now...
Had to laugh at that ::)
Reg it's all lot easier now,back in the 90's it was a totally different matter trying to see these films uncut.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

He's more than likely nodding off in a subway trying to sell copies of 'The Big Issue' now...
Had to laugh at that ::)
Reg it's all lot easier now,back in the 90's it was a totally different matter trying to see these films uncut.
He's right Reg. we had to wait for filmfairs or classifieds in magazines to try and get our stuff back in the day, often at very high prices just because something was uncut.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"

...and if you tried to order uncut tapes from abroad, you ran the risk of getting them confiscated by Customs, as Tanzi did. Things are so much better these days.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

death_proof_reg

I hear ya, I just think its a little inconveniant and nonsensical.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"

I hear ya, I just think its a little inconveniant and nonsensical.

...but nowhere near as inconvenient and nonsensical as it once was, mate. We've really come a very long way.

Andrew Monroe

I`m expecting the Shameless disc in the mail tomorrow or Saturday. Despite the cuts I was too curious about this film to pass it up, and from Paul`s (excellent btw) review it sounds like it`s still worth picking up. Dallamano really strikes a chord with me, I`d rate Solange and Daughters among my very favorite gialli and his lone spaghetti western, Bandidos, is equally top-notch.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

...and if you tried to order uncut tapes from abroad, you ran the risk of getting them confiscated by Customs, as Tanzi did. Things are so much better these days.

and don't forget, I got arrested!

"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"

and don't forget, I got arrested!

Did I know that, already? Have you mentioned that on here before, mate? I honestly can't remember.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 35 queries.