• 07 Dec 2019 - 03:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Venus in Furs / Le malizie di Venere (Massimo Dallamano, 1969)  (Read 11323 times)

Almar@Shameless

I`m expecting the Shameless disc in the mail tomorrow or Saturday. Despite the cuts I was too curious about this film to pass it up, and from Paul`s (excellent btw) review it sounds like it`s still worth picking up. Dallamano really strikes a chord with me, I`d rate Solange and Daughters among my very favorite gialli and his lone spaghetti western, Bandidos, is equally top-notch.

Well I'd be interested to hear your opinion when you see it. Don't know yet about Femina and the BBFC...

All true that life these days is very different regarding cuts and the BBFC - the 90s were a difficult and often depressing time to collect horror but I have to admit at being quite astonished to find ancient old films getting cut these days when there are some seriously violent films getting 12s and 15s - but then they're mainstream big movies...

Anyway Night Train Murders and Flavia getting through uncut have cheered us up a lot for 2008!

mook

• Almost Human

The BBFC have relaxed a bit now, and that is nice, and so is the fact that if you can't get a DVD you want in the UK you can import it. But that takes some of the fun out of it. I used to enjoy tracking down banned and obscure stuff - eg I went to Athens and didn't see the Colliseum or whatever it's called - I was in and out of the video shops there. Same thing in Amsterdam, only I did see the whores too. Didn't pay for any though - my budget was spent on top films!

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

Andrew Monroe

Well I'd be interested to hear your opinion when you see it. Don't know yet about Femina and the BBFC...

Not the biggest erotic/softcore film fan so it was quite a surprise to me that this film was so much more emotionally involving than the typical skin and sleaze picture. Like the other Dallamano films I`ve seen it`s gorgeously photographed...in fact I could sit and watch the film with just the amazing Gian Franco Reverberi score playing. Early in the film both Severin and Wanda give voice to their beliefs on love and relationships so the unfolding situation is set-up nicely. One sequence really made me think of Jess Franco`s own Venus In Furs - when Severin finds the prostitute that, for obvious reasons, so resembles Wanda. Anyway, ultimately it`s a fascinating, twisted love story...right down to the strangely haunting ending. As Paul mentioned in his review the cuts are handled well and I didn`t feel like it fatally hurt the film.

I`ve got a couple tunes from this on two of the Easy Tempo series (Volumes 7 and 8 ), but holy crap, I gotta track down that soundtrack. Beat released it on a disc with two other films - 28 Minuti per 3 Milioni di Dollari (Savina) and Hypnos - Follia di un Massacro (Umiliani).

fdsmedia

I have got that Beat CD - completely forgot about it - thanks for reminding me!  :-\

Andrew Monroe

I have got that Beat CD - completely forgot about it - thanks for reminding me!  :-\

I was a bit worried that it might be tough to find, as Amazon here in the states was out but Movie Grooves has it (low in stock though if anyone else wants it).  :P

I`m sold on The Frightened Woman after seeing the clip on this disc.

Bogan The Wanderer

If the BBFC have calmed down enough to let FLAVIA and NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS through this time, I'd be a bit surprised if they found something to get upset about in FEMINA RIDENS.  Video Watchdog #49 mentions the cut made to the old UK Jezebel tape:

"..For some reason beyond our powers of reasoning, two shots of the amazing "vagina dentata" set have been detoothed, depriving them of their metaphoric power and making the ejected skeleton more suggestive of abortion than cannibalism."

In the movie there's evidently a weird sequence where someone walks through a giant sculpted doorway of a woman's privates (with teeth), which then spits out a fake skeleton.  This hardly sounds like THE NEW YORK RIPPER.

MarcMorris

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

Those scenes were not cut by the BBFC - they simply were not present in the master supplied to Redemption from Italy.

The BBFC cut scenes involved some glimpsed S&M photos.
Nucleus Films
DVD Releasing & DVD Extras Production

Cult Movie Forums | YouTube channel | My Movie Archive

sadistik1

Jess Franco's Black Angel, a rip off of the Cornell Woolrich novel, was retitled Venus In Furs by it's producers specifically to piss off the producers of the Dallamano film. Franco moans about this in many interviews.

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato

Anyone have this release? Be interested to hear how it rates against the Shameless disc... seem to remember that was slightly trimmed?
http://www.kultvideo.com//articles/ArticleSheet.aspx?aid=11115
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

fdsmedia

Yes the shameless disc was cut about 1 minute I think... it would be interesting to know if both versions are uncut and have got English audio, since the previous Italian DVD had only Italian language options and the Venere in pelliccia cut of the film.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Isn't the Japanese DVD uncut?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

fdsmedia

Well, sort of... it's full screen and contains some blurring of genitals...  :-X

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

Video Ciak says that it only has English on the 1968 version.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 35 queries.