• 08 Jul 2020 - 12:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Spirits of Death / Un bianco vestito per Mariale (Romano Scavolini, 1972)  (Read 35189 times)

fdsmedia

Anyone seen this one? I just got a rather nice copy, probably from VHS, in 2.35:1 widescreen, Italian language and optional English subtitles!  ::)

Stephen Grimes

Might be tempted to get it as i've an Italian language copy of his SERVO SUO with Chris Avram and Lea Lander on the way,wasn't really impressed with the Greece set thriller THE SAVAGE HUNT though.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

I've seen this.  I think its interesting (with a great score released on CD by Digitmovies) but subtitles would be nice.  The 2.35:1 copy I have is a Shendene/Nocturno sell-through tape.  Director Romano Scavolini also shot the film so the visuals are very nice to look at.  He also shot his brother Sauro Scavolini's film LOVE AND DEATH IN THE GARDEN OF THE GODS which was also put out by Nocturno.

The French title was something like TRAGIC EXORCISM.  I've seen this referenced under the title SPIRITS OF DEATH but I haven't heard of an English language version.  Even the South American tape is Italian with Spanish subtitles.

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever

Anyone seen this one? I just got a rather nice copy, probably from VHS, in 2.35:1 widescreen, Italian language and optional English subtitles!  ::)

Wow! Where do the English subs come from? From what I can remember, not even VSoM had a subbed version of this one.

Stephen Grimes

The French title was something like TRAGIC EXORCISM. 

That's right-EXORCISME TRAGIQUE,there's a nice big French poster i have my eye on.

Rogerio Ferraz

Wow! Where do the English subs come from? From what I can remember, not even VSoM had a subbed version of this one.

The english subs come from a fansub project that's been doing the rounds on torrent trackers.
PM me if you're interested and I'll gladly sent you the srt. file  :D

K August

I've been searching for Italian w/English subtitles. I had a French copy that looked gorgeous and couldn't figure out what the heck was going on.

I loved that Rassimov was the hero in this one (as much as I could figure out) and there were some nice gothic/early 70s flourishes all over the place.

Where did you get your copy?

Stephen Grimes

Surf Film have this in their catalogue but Italian and French versions only,looks like an English dub was never prepared.

K August

Surf Film have this in their catalogue but Italian and French versions only,looks like an English dub was never prepared for it.

Thanks Stephen. If someone went out of their way to do English subs, great. I'm eager to see this.

Did you land that poster?

Stephen Grimes

Did you land that poster?
Nah i sacked it in favour of a giant(140x160cm) French NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE,might get it next time as they seem to turn up every couple of months.

liquidgoblin

http://rapidshare.com/files/83006579/A_White_Dress_For_Mariale__Fansub_.zip.html

Here you go , English Subs done by Pulasky from CG , hats off to all for a superb informative site .
i presently run the giallo project on the torrent tracker that these fansubs are being done for , but i'm pleased that there getting to the true fans of the giallo genre.

hi merlin

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Thanks a million for the subtitle link liquidgoblin!  :P

Glad you like the forum too!
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

liquidgoblin

thanks jonny

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

Would you be the same liquidgoblin who used to have classified ads in Samhain about 20 years ago?
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

liquidgoblin

Would you be the same liquidgoblin who used to have classified ads in Samhain about 20 years ago?

yes , i dont owe u money do i ?

I no-longer sell films since the bug raids of 92 , most of my time now is spent on a certain torrent tracker , where we are fansubbing alot of giallo with the help of merlin and his fantastic subtitling skills.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 34 queries.