• 23 Jul 2019 - 09:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Annuario Degli Attori - European Players' Directory  (Read 10529 times)

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever

Has anyone heard of these great books? If not, they are coprehensive casting books full of pictures and contact information on actors in the Italian film industry. They started publishing these books in the early 70s and I believe a new one is published each year.

I recently won the 1977-78 volume on eBay and finally got it in the mail. All i can say is WOW! This book is a like an encyclopedia! It's HUGE: 850 pages chock-full of pictures of actors who were active in the Italian film industry in 1977.

There are the big international stars like Gina Lollobrigida, Silvana Mangano, Mariangla Melato etc as well as popular favorites like Edwige Fenech, Barbara Bouchet, Maurizio Merli, Ray Lovelock, Susan Scott, Lilli Carati, William Berger, George Eastman, Ajita Wilson etc and, oddly enough, occasional Hollywood names too - even people like Woody Allen and Barbra Streisand are in here!!!

But more interestingly, somewhat lesser-known but equally cool genre actors like Lino Capolicchio, Daniela Doria, Jane Avril, Jessica Dublin, Franco Diogene, Rosemarie Lindt, Don Powell, Haydèe Politoff, Paola Montenero etc are there too. As are such downright obscure actors like Selan Karay (the male lead in HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD), a couple of C.S.C. actors, Eva Axen (the first victim in SUSPIRIA), Patrizia Melega (from Sergio Garrone's two SS films and pretty much nothing else) and various other one-film wonders. For people like myself who find it rewarding to identify even the most obscure of the Italian actors, this book is like a dream come true! Now I just need to hunt down more volumes of these books. Unfortunately, they are not easy to find and if you do find them, they're likely to cost a small fortune. It's worth it, though!  :'(

Anyway, I thought I'd do a few scans to give you all an idea of the what can be found in these things:

Here's Mark Shanon - listed under his real name and without his trademark moustache:

Michele Soavi - going for a James Dean-look it seems  ::)

This one's for Stephen since I know he can't get enough of this beauty  ;D

Love how Franca Gonella from Polselli's REVELATIONS OF A PSYCHIATRIST and VIOLENCE FOR KICKS gets away with this kind of picture:

Another Polselli starlet:

Ciro Ippolito, who later became a director and made ALIEN 2 - ON EARTH (1980):

I don't know what the deal with this silly pseudonym is because, clearly, this is Brad Harris:

I've always considered Annie Belle to be an extremely sexy lady but really now... that hairdo she has on the picture to the right really doesn't do much to enhance her looks:

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Re: Annuario Degli Attori - European Players' Directory
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2008 - 14:51 »

Very interesting, any pics of Lilli Carati or Ornella Muti in there?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2008 - 15:39 »

Great find Johan.
Mark Shannon looks totally different to how he looked a few years later in his films,mind you he's aged quite well judging by some recent photos.
What can i say about Franca....................... 8) :-\

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2008 - 15:59 »

Yeah, I know! Mark Shanon without the moustache just isn't the same. I'm guessing he didn't have much success as a legitimate actor so he decided to grow a moustache and get into the hardcore scene. And voila; he became a star - or... kind of...  :-\

Yeah, Lilli and Ornella are in there. Most of the sexy 70s starlets are there. The only one whose absense immediately struck me was Marisa Mell. I'll try to do a couple more pics later  :-X

Mart85

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2008 - 09:07 »

Wow amazing find Johan.  ::)

K August

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2008 - 19:33 »

Very nice find Johan.

Any chance of seeing the Ray Lovelock entry? 8)

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #6 on: 01 Feb 2008 - 19:07 »

Sure! I'll try to do some more scans as soon as I can. Unfortunately, I had a little accident while I was in Oslo on a date. I managed to fall on the ice and fracture my shoulder so now I'm wearing my right arm in a sling, which kinda sucks!  ???
With only a left arm, I'm not able to do any scans from a big book of 850+ pages but I will as soon as I can takes this damn sling off. Hopefully, that will be soon. I'm getting tired of typing with my left hand...

Andrew Monroe

« Reply #7 on: 01 Feb 2008 - 19:34 »

Holy shit, hope you`re not in too much pain, Johan! Thanks for the Rita Calderoni scan, that looks like an absolutely amazing book.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #8 on: 01 Feb 2008 - 19:45 »

Those Calderoni pictures look like they were taken around the time she starred in Polselli's TORINO CENTRALE DI VIZIO,she looks a bit older though still very good looking.

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #9 on: 01 Feb 2008 - 19:50 »

Holy shit, hope you`re not in too much pain, Johan! Thanks for the Rita Calderoni scan, that looks like an absolutely amazing book.

Thank you, Andrew. No, it's not too bad really. The doctor said I was lucky so I hope to be able to lose the sling sometime next week. The real chore is actually not having a right arm. Everything goes sooo much slower but you'll learn to be creative.

Yeah, Rita was great, wasn't she? Never had the pleasure of watching TORINO but I keep living in the hope that we'll get a DVD someday.

Andrew Monroe

« Reply #10 on: 01 Feb 2008 - 20:05 »

Yeah, Rita was great, wasn't she? Never had the pleasure of watching TORINO but I keep living in the hope that we'll get a DVD someday.

Never seen that particular one either, so I too keep my fingers crossed for a dvd. Rita Calderoni is the "It Girl" for me as far as European actresses go...I`d watch her read the phone book. There are some gorgeous pictures of her from various cineromanzi in the Glittering Images 1970s Italian Sexy Horror and Horror All'Italiana books.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #11 on: 01 Feb 2008 - 21:03 »

I've got Rita in one of the Japanese Macaroni boxes, it is the only one i haven't got round to watching that has Engliss sub or dub on it.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #12 on: 01 Feb 2008 - 21:05 »

I've got Rita in one of the Japanese Macaroni boxes
You want to let her out mate before she suffocates in there  :-\

Sorry!
What film is it?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #13 on: 01 Feb 2008 - 21:07 »

You want to let her out mate before she suffocates in there  :-\

Sorry!
What film is it?

Hahaha! I was thinking exactly the same thing!  ::)

What's the film Tanzi?
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #14 on: 01 Feb 2008 - 21:14 »

Sorry,

it's LITTLE RITA OF THE WEST, i meant to quote but i accidently used the reply instead ???

As it's a musical i always put it off, should get round to watching it really as it would be interesting to see if Terence Hill starts belting out songs! :-\

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 35 queries.