• 25 Mar 2017 - 12:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Eye in the Labyrinth / L'occhio nel labirinto (Mario Caiano ,1971)  (Read 30444 times)

Stephen Grimes

Anyone else seen Caiano's 1977 made-for-tv giallo NEL SILENZIO DELLA NOTTE about feuding families murdering each other off in a small provincial town?Only runs for an hour in length and has that dreary 70's tv look but does feature all the genre trademarks you'd expect and a rather good cast including Silvio Tranqulli,Giancarlo Prete and Elio Zamuto.

MarcMorris

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

Stephen, where do you manage to find all this stuff? Do you use any website in particular?
Nucleus Films
DVD Releasing & DVD Extras Production

Cult Movie Forums | YouTube channel | My Movie Archive

Stephen Grimes

Stephen, where do you manage to find all this stuff? Do you use any website in particular?
A couple of collectors in Italy supply me with most of the rare stuff,you wouldn't believe some of the gems these guys have.

giallo joe

A couple of collectors in Italy supply me with most of the rare stuff,you wouldn't believe some of the gems these guys have. ;)

Such as????

James Blackford

One of the craziest, most enjoyable Gialli... Caiano is an interesting director - his films have a real low budget energy... He is seriously under-represented on DVD with both Eye and La Svastica Nel Ventre still unavailible...

I believe Intra Movies (http://www.intramovies.com) represent Eye of The Lab... Someone  should get on the case and get the film out there on Blu-ray like it deserves!

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

I couldn't find it at Intramovies new web site (it was listed as being available at their old site) but they have a lot of other interesting titles available including a lot of stuff they did not list at the old site.

Stephen Grimes

Gorgeous leading lady Rosemary Dexter is an interesting actress. She was sometimes also credited as Rosemarie Dexter and I thought for a while that she might be a German actress but I've seen it suggested that she is in fact British.
Does anyone know what happened to this actress?After starring in Pier Carpi's gothic oddity POVERO CRISTO in 1976 she seems to have just vanished,can't find zilch about her on-line either other than the IMDB's claim that she was born in Pakistan (which was under British rule at the time before partition).

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever

I think the IMDb information about Rosemarie Dexter being born in Pakistan is actually correct. The book "Le straniere del nostro cinema" about foreign actresses in Italian films has a listing for Rosemarie (I came across a preview of it while searching on google books) and it states that she was born in Pakistan to a Britsh father and an Anglo-Burmese mother. She apparantly became an actress by chance as director Ugo Gregoretti discovered her while she was on holiday in Rome and propmptly offered her the leading role in his film OMICRON (1963).

Stephen Grimes

She apparantly became an actress by chance as director Ugo Gregoretti discovered her while she was on holiday in Rome and propmptly offered her the leading role in his film OMICRON (1963).
OMICRON was recently released on dvd in Italy by CGHV,really should check this out sometime.

ciavazzaro

• Almost Human

I have a thing to ask jonny or anyone who have this film in the uncut version.
Anyone can upload the first and the next murder on youtube or other websites in their uncut versions ?
I ask this because sadly i have the italian cut version,and because i love this movie so much i hope
that someone will help me by putting this scenes on youtube (even just a few of days in order to save them).
About the movie i really like it with a great Adolfo Celi and also Horst Frank in a interesting role (dubbed in italian by the great Antonio Guidi).

Stephen Grimes

Just been reading that Rosemarie Dexter sadly passed away back in September,she was only 66.

drmiaow

• Special Cop In Action

Just been reading that Rosemarie Dexter sadly passed away back in September,she was only 66.

That's sad news. Where did you read that, Stephen?

Stephen Grimes

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Very sad to hear that she died alone and at quite a young age too..

Snake Plissken

I've just finished watching this interesting giallo movie.
The plot is pretty simple: a psychiatrist mysteriously disappears. A girl who seems to have some kind of relationship to him (A relative? A friend? A lover? We don't know at the beginning of the movie but this will be explained through the film) wakes up after a terrible dream in which she sees the psychiatrist chased and stabbed to death in a strange labyrinth. After this scary nightmare, she decides to pursue him and investigate the strange and sudden disappear of the psychiatrist. She meets some shady and strange characters and is mislead mysteriously in her investigation, but after a while, she ends in a strange and shady  orphan house populated by equally shady and mysterious people. Will she discover the truth behind all of this?

The movie is not perfect, it takes a while to take off and has some noticeable cons, like some minor plot holes and some clichè situation. The movie is a pretty good, but pretty standard and formulaic, giallo for the 2/3 of it's length: the final third of the film, on the other hand, takes a sudden change in direction and ends in a pretty psychedelic and psychoanalytical territory (wow how many psych- words   ::) ) which makes the spectator evalutate the previous events in a very, very different light.
If you like the genre, give it a chance. It's not a masterpiece, but it's very enjoyable. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.885 seconds with 20 queries.