• 05 Apr 2020 - 00:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ashes To Ashes (2008-2010)  (Read 15040 times)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: Ashes To Ashes (2008)
« Reply #30 on: 28 Mar 2008 - 08:30 »

Last night's episode was definitely the best of the bunch, had a very intriguing storyline and was the first time I was actually moved by the show. When you saw Gene march over to the young Alex and pick her up, I was really overcome with emotion! Hahaha.

I thought the series on the whole was a little choppy in the beginning, and would go as far as to say that if it hadn't been for Hunt, Ray and Chris, it wouldn't have been very good at all, aside from the novelty value of the 80s setting. That said, it did get better as it progressed, and while never as good as LIFE ON MARS, it certainly became a worthy sequel. Bring on the second series.  :P
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Mart85

« Reply #31 on: 28 Mar 2008 - 09:21 »

I'm with you guys.  It started off a bit uneven and there was the odd duff episode but I can't say I didn't enjoy it.  The last few episodes have been quite good, I thought, and the twist as to who was the car bomber was well done.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #32 on: 25 Jul 2008 - 08:56 »

It's just been announced that Harvey Keitel has been cast as Gene Hunt in the American remake series of LIFE ON MARS. Suddenly I'm actually interested in seeing this... or at least giving it a chance. The always reliable Michael Imperioli (Christopher in THE SOPRANOS) also stars.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #33 on: 25 Jul 2008 - 09:08 »

Did you never see the trailer for the US series Paul?

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #34 on: 25 Jul 2008 - 09:37 »

No, that's the first time I've seen it.  It's funny because I read Colm Meaney was to play Hunt and he obviously did the pilot. Wonder why he was replaced?

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #35 on: 09 Jun 2009 - 19:22 »

Don't know if anyone has been watching the second series of this, but, fuck me, that was a fucking brilliant ending last night. The ending that LIFE ON MARS should have had but copped out on.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #36 on: 09 Jun 2009 - 19:22 »

Don't know if anyone has been watching the second series of this, but, fuck me, that was a fucking brilliant ending last night. The ending that LIFE ON MARS should have had but copped out on.

I missed a few episodes so deliberately didn't watch it as I'm going catch up on DVD.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #37 on: 10 Jun 2009 - 06:30 »

Make sure you do so at the earliest opportunity. It really was fantastic.

Letterboxd

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #38 on: 10 Jun 2009 - 07:40 »

Both series of ASHES TO ASHES had very shaky starts but soon improved as they picked up momentum. I really liked the ending of the second series too ā€“ far better than that of the first. Had they decided to leave the show here it would have been the most ambiguous ending since that of TWIN PEAKS. It's brilliant!

The BBC has commissioned a final series ā€“ there was a small press release online the other day ā€“ it mentioned that all the loose ends from both ASHES TO ASHES and LIFE ON MARS will be tied up therein and that it's going to end with a bang! Whether or not Sam Tyler's story arc is completed offscreen or they get John Simm to come back for the finale, issues surrounding the character are set to be cleared up in the third series too, according to the press release.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #39 on: 02 Apr 2010 - 21:02 »

Good stuff with tonight's episode!

Who's that fucker who's giving Gene grief?

Will Sam Tyler be back?

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
Re: Ashes To Ashes (2008 / 10)
« Reply #40 on: 03 Apr 2010 - 05:49 »

A great start to the series. Is it on normal BBC next week? I watched it on BBC HD and the announcer said at the end that it would be back in two weeks time because they would be showing golf next week.

Letterboxd

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #41 on: 07 Apr 2010 - 12:31 »

A great start to the series. Is it on normal BBC next week? I watched it on BBC HD and the announcer said at the end that it would be back in two weeks time because they would be showing golf next week.

Cunts. Adulterers in HiDef - obviously the more popular choice.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #42 on: 07 Apr 2010 - 14:55 »

Cunts. Adulterers in HiDef - obviously the more popular choice.

Apparently it's on Monday instead - so it's not too long a wait.

Letterboxd

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #43 on: 22 Apr 2010 - 10:17 »

Watched the first two episodes of series three last night and have to say, this series is certainly kicking off a lot better than either of the first two did and Iā€™m beginning to think that the show is going to end on the same high that LIFE ON MARS started.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
Re: Ashes To Ashes (2008-2010)
« Reply #44 on: 21 May 2010 - 21:14 »

That were well good.  :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 37 queries.