• 03 Jul 2022 - 05:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brigade Mondaine (Jacques Scandelari, 1978)  (Read 5730 times)

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
Brigade Mondaine (Jacques Scandelari, 1978)
« on: 21 Jan 2008 - 01:06 »

This sleazy French crime film was also released as Marrakesh Cult and Vice Squad. I have it on an old UK tape from the Arion label under the title Victims of Vice.

Great cover. Amazing disco soundtrack from Cerrone. Shame about the fullscreen and trimmed print. Anybody know of an uncut widescreen version? I have seen the French tape going for 50 euros but don't know what the quality is like.
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Brigade Mondaine (Jacques Scandelari, 1978)
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2008 - 09:13 »

It took me a while but I just noticed that it's a woman on that video sleeve. At first I was thinking that the guy had very pink lips, almost as if he had lipstick on, then I noticed the breasts under the leather jacket  :-\

Is this woman in the film Ben?

Vito Cipriani

• Almost Human
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2008 - 13:14 »

It took me a while but I just noticed that it's a woman on that video sleeve. At first I was thinking that the guy had very pink lips, almost as if he had lipstick on, then I noticed the breasts under the leather jacket  :-\
The image threw me at first too, Jonny :-\ I just thought it was a very feminine man, until I saw the cleavage.
'Society has many means of protecting itself: bureaucracy, red tape... and the revolver'

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2008 - 15:01 »

Is this woman in the film Ben?

The breasts are a bit of a giveaway! No she isn't in it. But there's a club scene involving a leather S&M dance routine with a motorbike. It's a really trashy film about the druggy sex trade underworld. Highly recommended.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2008 - 15:44 »

I shall try and track down a copy, sounds great!

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2008 - 16:01 »

Sorry that I don't have the equipment to make you a copy Jonny. Let me know if you track down an uncut or OAR copy. I have heard that it's part of a trilogy... Anyone got any more info?

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2008 - 20:32 »

I've been looking into it and Brigade Mondaine is indeed the first in a trilogy of films. I was wrong in my first message: Marrakech Sect is in fact the name of the second in the series, directed by Eddy Matalon in 1979. The third is Vaudou aux Caraibes directed by Philippe Monier in 1980. I really hope a dvd company out there sees fit to release these films some day. A bonus cd of Cerrone's soundtracks for each wouldn't go a miss either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.