• 07 Jul 2020 - 14:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Gore in Venice / Giallo a Venezia (Mario Landi, 1979)  (Read 51413 times)

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action
Re: Gore in Venice / Giallo a Venezia (Mario Landi, 1979)
« Reply #60 on: 13 Nov 2016 - 15:56 »

Walter said some sections of the film appeared to have a blanket green tint on them, and after asking around if the movie is supposed to be green, got a new transfer set up.

I really like this one, so will also wait and get the better release.

As far as Code Red and their accessibility, there is new info on the CR FB page
Looks like hope beyond Diabolik & the cartel exists, while licensing permits, I'd guess.
So far this is all that's known, for now

Code Red's mainstream releases will now be handled by Scorpion Releasing/Ronin Entertainment. We will also post all news and street date update on this page as well as Scorpion's page.
Soon, you will be able to purchase new releases on Ronin's web site... films like DON'T GO IN THE HOUSE, HILLS HAVE EYES 3:MIND RIPPER, SLAUGHTERHOUSE ROCK and HAPPY HELL NIGHT. Details will be posted real soon.

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man
« Reply #61 on: 13 Nov 2016 - 19:08 »

maybe the source is the problem, in which case a new transfer wont help. who knows...
i couldnt be bothered waiting for the Code Red version, just want to see it NOW ::)

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #62 on: 14 Nov 2016 - 17:12 »

Walter said some sections of the film appeared to have a blanket green tint on them, and after asking around if the movie is supposed to be green, got a new transfer set up.

I really like this one, so will also wait and get the better release.

As far as Code Red and their accessibility, there is new info on the CR FB page
Looks like hope beyond Diabolik & the cartel exists, while licensing permits, I'd guess.
So far this is all that's known, for now

Code Red's mainstream releases will now be handled by Scorpion Releasing/Ronin Entertainment. We will also post all news and street date update on this page as well as Scorpion's page.
Soon, you will be able to purchase new releases on Ronin's web site... films like DON'T GO IN THE HOUSE, HILLS HAVE EYES 3:MIND RIPPER, SLAUGHTERHOUSE ROCK and HAPPY HELL NIGHT. Details will be posted real soon.

I've got the X-Rated disc on the way. If the Code Red disc turns out to be better (and as it seems Walt is now in control of their bigger releases it'll certainly be less of a fucking headache to get hold of) then I'll just flog mine for the Code Red disc. Although it's not a particularly good film, but perhaps the extra clarity might improve it somewhat.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

HBK

• Almost Human
« Reply #63 on: 15 Nov 2016 - 10:49 »

I watched the X-Rated Blu-ray last week and thought it looked pretty good actually. The green mentioned here didn't bother me (or I just didn't notice). I am not into the technical specifics that much but for me it's a good release. The gore scenes don't seem to be censored either, taking into account that this was the first time I watched the film. I thoroughly enjoyed it though, sleazy fun!

Not the best blu-ray, but I don't know how good the elements were. Curious to see if they use a different source for the CR disc.

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man
« Reply #64 on: 15 Nov 2016 - 12:39 »

someone posted this at rockshockpop. i think they translated it from a european forum:

just to clear things up a little bit... this is what I read:

the x-rated head honcho had the rights for years. there was always useful material, but no one knew where it was. he found that material (35mm) 2 years ago in a dental practice in portugal (yes!) It's the uncut version, the italians didn't touched it or cut it down! since this is the uncut version there is no quality difference or inserts with lower quality material AND "The foreigners are just about to buy our master."

so if Scorpion asked for a new scan he'll be shit out of luck by the sounds of it..?

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #65 on: 15 Nov 2016 - 15:05 »

I don't buy the dental clinic BS.

Does the X rated have the full 99 min without any inserts? 
Or is it 91 min per the Italian version after censorship?

Some X Rated caps
http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/c41avzc31qo5gojrl14u3m5vcm81gnis

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man
« Reply #66 on: 15 Nov 2016 - 20:52 »

Its the full uncut version i believe

HBK

• Almost Human
« Reply #67 on: 16 Nov 2016 - 12:16 »

Yes, it's the full uncut version.

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man
« Reply #68 on: 19 Nov 2016 - 11:59 »

Got it, my first impressions are it looks pretty good. Ive seen better Blu Rays for sure but this one looks much better than SD would. Its a fine presentation i think. A thumbs up!

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #69 on: 27 Nov 2016 - 15:59 »

Got it, my first impressions are it looks pretty good. Ive seen better Blu Rays for sure but this one looks much better than SD would. Its a fine presentation i think. A thumbs up!

Agreed. My only other experience of this was a nth gen bootleg of the Brazilian tape so it's a revelation... The actual film is pretty dull IMO.
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man
« Reply #70 on: 27 Nov 2016 - 18:18 »

its not amazing, but its no more dull than most giallos. the gore and depravity are pretty amazing however.

the blob

• Violent Professional
« Reply #71 on: 01 Dec 2016 - 22:59 »

I ended up buying the X-rated release after that earlier comment about it being the same master as Bill will be using. Had a quick look through and colours don't seem that problematic on this in particular.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #72 on: 05 Dec 2016 - 09:53 »

t to see what one is the best to get, I do like them X-Rated mediabooks though  ;D
I succumbed and bought the X-rated one, watched it Friday afternoon, I thought the transfer was good, much better than I expected it to be. I hadn't seen the film for about 20 years and that was without subs so it was also nice to understand what was being said.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #73 on: 06 Dec 2016 - 09:21 »

I watched mine last week too - quality of the disc was far better than I'd hoped, so a winner.

It's not a top tier giallo but it's very entertaining.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #74 on: 06 Dec 2016 - 20:30 »

I never got round to watching this, but must make the effort to get this Blu when it's back in stock at Strange Vice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 34 queries.