• 26 Nov 2020 - 20:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: SPAGHETTI-HEROES: DJANGO - SARTANA - RINGO book  (Read 8994 times)

K August

SPAGHETTI-HEROES: DJANGO - SARTANA - RINGO book
« on: 27 Jan 2008 - 17:13 »

Hi everyone,

a poster at the SWWB just mentioned a new German Book called Spaghetti Heroes which will be bundled with a couple of dvds.

I can't figure out if the English language will extend to the inside of the book?

http://www.sinart.asso.fr/index.php?id_cat=1&id=14505

Umberto Lenzi - 1968
Pistolets pour un Massacre
Street Date 31/03/2008

"RINGO – No man was faster with a gun. DJANGO – He was the toughest hero in the history of the western film.. SARTANA – His game was killing – his stakes were six cartridges and a life.This book tells the exciting story of these heroes and their companions, „Gringo“ and „Rocco“. It takes the reader along on an exciting and entertaining trip to accompany the heroes of the Spaghetti Western on their most dangerous adventures. Numerous impressive, action packed and rare pictures enhance this book which will give the fans of the Italian western an opportunity to meet „their“ favourite screen hero again and thrill those movie lovers who couldn’t cotton up with the Spaghetti Western yet. In any case, however, this book is a unique, ostensive, and essential work of reference on the Spaghetti Western, and western film lovers and those who want to become fans of the western genre are going to enjoy it.
Dispatched within: Approvisionnement en cours
Cliquez ici pour réserver cet article
Price: 45 €"

any suggestions, info?

thanks

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: SPAGHETTI-HEROES: DJANGO - SARTANA - RINGO book
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2008 - 17:27 »

No idea apart from the fact it states "260 pages, en anglais et en allemand" (260 pages, in English and German) on the French version of the linked to page...

I'd hold off until it gets released before committing to buy though.

K August

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2008 - 17:43 »

Thanks Jonny,

I missed that completely.

My Blind ma'am title is more than a bit accurate today.  :-*

Since I'm a Sartana and Django fan, I'll ask Tony from xploited if he'll carry this.  I don't have either of the films bundled with it so depending on the price I may just jump.  For the imagery alone, it may be worth it.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2008 - 18:00 »

It appears to be a ltd ed with 4 different covers and 500 only of each with 2 films-Lenzi's 'Pistol for a Hundred Coffins' and Margheriti's 'Vengeance',noticed the same company also put out the LES DEMONS fotonovel booklet that came free with the X-Rated dvd.
I'll ask André at Sin'Art about it in a day or 2.

http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=193&products_id=34167

K August

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2008 - 18:37 »

It appears to be a ltd ed with 4 different covers and 500 only of each with 2 films-Lenzi's 'Pistol for a Hundred Coffins' and Margheriti's 'Vengeance',noticed the same company also put out the LES DEMONS fotonovel booklet that came free with the X-Rated dvd.
I'll ask André at Sin'Art about it in a day or 2.

http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=193&products_id=34167

Thanks Stephen. Andre confirmed what Jonny and some other folks already mentioned, the interiors will be in English and German.

Have you ever ordered from DTM?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2008 - 18:57 »

I've ordered from them a few times and everything's been fine. Not sure what they are like shipping to the US though.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2008 - 18:57 »

Have you ever ordered from DTM?
No but i think Jonny and Paul have,i've been a member of Sin'Art for the last 3/4 years who are great.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #7 on: 27 Jan 2008 - 18:59 »

I think Paul had a problem with his 'Beatrice Cenci' DVD not turning up. Though from what I can remember he never got onto them about it.

K August

« Reply #8 on: 27 Jan 2008 - 19:31 »

Just heard from Tony:

Xploited will stock this in late March. No price yet.

Thanks for the information gentlemen, appreciate it.  :-X

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #9 on: 27 Jan 2008 - 20:50 »

BEATRICE CENCI never turned up from DTM, though I was never charged. I think it was because I ordered something else at a sale price and they ended up running out of stock. I since ordered a copy of FOUR FLIES and there was no problem with that...
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #10 on: 01 Jun 2008 - 22:29 »

Just saw this 260-page tome on Xploited - apologies if it's been mentioned before. German and English text and includes DVD of Lenzi's A Gun For 100 Graves. Here's the link:
http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/spaghettiheroes-django-sartana-ringo-cover-book-p-13999.html
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica
« Reply #12 on: 03 Jun 2008 - 19:50 »

The book sounds rather interesting but unless the DVD has been remastered it is quite missable and was released on its own a while back - my review: Pistol for 100 Coffins
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #13 on: 03 Jun 2008 - 19:53 »

The book sounds rather interesting but unless the DVD has been remastered it is quite missable and was released on its own a while back - my review: Pistol for 100 Coffins
I'm more interested in the book, the film itself i just look at as a little bonus.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Andrew Monroe

« Reply #14 on: 09 Jun 2008 - 19:16 »

Anyone else get this book? The price is a bit high but I was too curious. It`s an obvious labour of love, enthusiastic reviews of the various Ringo/Sartana/Django films and gorgeously illustrated with lots and lots of posters/lobby cards/stills etc. This really is a well-designed book, it`s probably even more glossy than the Glittering Images trilogy. The reviews aren`t scholarly or anything, more along the lines of well written, thoughtful commentary from an enthusiastic fan - and I think it works fine here. It`s of particular interest to read a German perspective on these films (as I`m sure many know, an ass-load of unrelated sw were retitled in Germany to be Django films), for instance I learned that when doing the German dubbing for them lots of corny jokes and puns were put in the dialogue, even if it was outrageously inappropriate for the film. It`s amazing how many films were retitled as Django movies - GENTLEMAN KILLER and MASSACRE TIME for example! I don`t always agree with the author`s opinions naturally - he absolutlely hates REQUIEM FOR A GRINGO (or FOR DJANGO in Germany!), an offbeat sw I`m really fond of, but that`s okay it`s still a fun read. The dvd had A GUN FOR 100 GRAVES (English audio) and VENGEANCE (German audio only for this one), I already had both but the book was still worth it.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 22 queries.