• 20 Oct 2020 - 20:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hills Run Red Stingray DVD cover scan - anyone got one?  (Read 3251 times)

Mart85

Hope Paul and Jonny don't mind me posting this request.

I had the DVD and scanned the cover but I sold the DVD and lost the file  ???.  Anyone got a scan or a link?  I really like the cover art on it.  Beats the newish US DVD art hands down.  Thanks.

IL COMMISSARIO

Re: Hills Run Red Stingray DVD cover scan - anyone got one?
« Reply #1 on: 02 Feb 2008 - 21:49 »

I think LANZETTA may have the LEGEND OF THE GUNMEN box set. At least the copy I got from him a couple years ago came from the Stingray disc. The Luminous disc has that cover although it has a border around it. I had that one but gave it away when the US disc came out.

Nico Giraldi

« Reply #2 on: 02 Feb 2008 - 21:56 »

I have it. Send me your e-mail address (pm) and I can send you good quality scan.

Mart85

« Reply #3 on: 02 Feb 2008 - 22:57 »

Cheers Nico.  Just PM'ed you.  :P

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica
« Reply #4 on: 05 Feb 2008 - 18:25 »

Could you post a low-res version here, I want to see what all the fuss is about!
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

Mart85

« Reply #5 on: 05 Feb 2008 - 18:42 »

Here you go Tim:

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica
« Reply #6 on: 05 Feb 2008 - 22:03 »

Cheers, that is some rather good art.

It does make you wonder if MGM really expected their random photo-shop cover to help shift more copies than this bit of art work would have done.
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #7 on: 05 Feb 2008 - 22:21 »

Mart - Aarron's got this release - I seem to remember him buying this in a box set with IL MERCENARIO and NAVAJO JOE - I bought those separately and didn't pick up HILLS RUN RED until the US disc appeared, quite some time later.

Drop him a PM.

EDIT: Ignore me. I'm blind and thick. We need a spastic emoticon.  :-*
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #8 on: 06 Feb 2008 - 04:05 »

Mart - Aarron's got this release - I seem to remember him buying this in a box set with IL MERCENARIO and NAVAJO JOE

That's the LEGEND OF THE GUNMEN box. It went OOP before I was able to obtain one. :)

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton
« Reply #9 on: 08 Feb 2008 - 04:35 »

It does make you wonder if MGM really expected their random photo-shop cover to help shift more copies than this bit of art work would have done.

Yes, the cover sucks!

However, it looks like 20th Century Fox actually released it (Fox took control of distributing the entire MGM catalogue worldwide in 2006).  Same with the Sergio Leone Anthology, though my guess is that Fox barely knows that the DOLLARS' trilogy and DUCK YOU SUCKER are Spaghetti Westerns.  That said, it looks like they are going into the MGM catalogue to release films like THE HILLS RUN RED - sporting a nice anamorphic transfer, BTW - that MGM overlooked in the past.
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #10 on: 08 Feb 2008 - 22:20 »

HILLS RUN RED shares a bit more in common with American style westerns though than the typical Italian western. The cover is fine for me and I'm sure it moved more units for them (their plan anyway) in this fashion than if they had went with the old style artwork. It's a given fans will buy it, but I think their aim was to bring in buyers who may not have purchased otherwise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.