• 07 Dec 2021 - 21:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Vice Is A Locked Room And Only I Have The Key (Sergio Martino, 1972)  (Read 45412 times)

logboy

• Almost Human

Cheers logboy, can we assume they are talking blu-ray?

... sure.

Mark (UK)

• Special Cop In Action

Cheers logboy, can we assume they are talking blu-ray?

... sure.
Thanks  :'( I don't feel so bad neglecting to buy the dvd now  :-\

Philleh

• Almost Human

Fran also mentioned he signed a 'bunch' of gialli titles last week via twitter.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Looks like this one will be an Arrow US release along with WAKE UP AND DIE

logboy

• Almost Human

Fran also mentioned he signed a 'bunch' of gialli titles last week via twitter.

... i'd take a guess at more sergio martino. of all the no shame releases, these seemed to cause a minor re-evaluation or new audience. for me, most of any genre via italy is probably pretty minor compared to one or two top names. martino seems to be gently shuffling his way back to the top of the pack. arrow seemed to accept recommended titles with lots of martino elements as a v close guess to what was due. mind you, i've seen mentions around here (i think) that for at least one of the films previously released on DVD, the elements may not be there for a decent BD, so we shall see.

djvaso

• Special Cop In Action

From Blu-ray.com:
Originally Posted by defile959
I've got a long wish list of titles that I'd love to see Arrow take on, and hope to find plenty of surprises as well...

- All the Colors of the Dark
- Case of the Scorpion's Tail
- Death Laid an Egg
- Death Walks at Midnight
- Death Walks in High Heels
- Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh
I'm sure there's plenty more, but those jump to mind immediately.

A couple of those are forthcoming in 2016! Some we asked for but we asked for all but they were not available. We're hoping there's lots of giallo fans out there, we have lots planned!

Longsden

• Special Cop In Action
  • Bastard Squad 666

That's a great little package.

DarkAngel

• Anonymous Avenger

That's good Arrow is going to release the damn thing.  They always do a fantastic job with what they put out.  I was fortunate enough to be able to snag a copy of NoShame's release.  NoShame did an excellent job with it, it's just too bad it's hard to find and costs a fuckin arm and leg. 

I totally love the film and thought it highly entertaining when I had watched it...I'm a huge Daniela Giordano fan, started a page for her on facebook and everything, so it was great to see her in a well known film in the genre...but you look at the rest of the cast you got the likes of Fenech and Pistilli and it's just so fucking glorious.  I will be on the look out for Arrow's release.  I will definitely be picking it up so long as they manage to throw some good extra's and what not on it.

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man

They are releasing it as part of a Ltd. Ed. box set along with Lucio Fulci's THE BLACK CAT.  The tenous link being the cat.  I hope they also release it as an individual release because not sure I need or want the Fulci film on Blu ray.

nibblepibbley

• Almost Human

I'll probably get the pair together. Fulci's Black Cat is pretty good, having trotted it out recently for the first time in over a decade.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action

(Sorry to go off-topic here...)

Any idea how long their print is going to be? I've been working with a friend who created an almost two hour long version. It combines the German, Greek, and at least two different Italian copies.

It's an excellent movie with great performances from Hoffman and Gastoni - and one of those titles you scratch your head wondering why the hell nobody has released this?

It's also yet another film which undermines the bizarre theory that Italian crime cinema somehow started with 'Bandits in Milan'.

I'm guessing Arrow will end up releasing a seriously truncated version - but right now 'any' kind of official release is long overdue and we should welcome their release with open arms - no matter which version they release.

Poor Lizzani, that's all I can add - You have to put him up there with Damiani, only most of his really good films remain buried in some distributor's vaults, rotting away.
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

I've no idea how long Arrows version is I'm afraid!

logboy

• Almost Human

They are releasing it as part of a Ltd. Ed. box set along with Lucio Fulci's THE BLACK CAT.  The tenous link being the cat.  I hope they also release it as an individual release because not sure I need or want the Fulci film on Blu ray.

i've already seen conflicting responses to the Q of people wanting an individual release of 'your vice' - like i do - one stating that once the set goes OOP, an individual repress will happen, the other saying they're unsure if it will happen, both coming from arrow themselves with one directly to me via twitter. i have my doubts, largely because SCR set was supposed to be reissued on DVD only (once OOP) but this has yet to happen.

also a little disappointed there wasn't some very vocal shooting down of the manner in which it's being put out (initially) from the prospective buyers who've been excited at the release in the past, when it was only confirmed via promo postcards in previous discs - perhaps the excitement died down and the announcement only really set a date for something which people already took as a certainty, quite rightly?

i do also get pretty annoyed with the whole arrow fanboyism which means they can pretty much put a lot of half-decent stuff out, and as long as it has the arrow logo and a spine number, enough people will buy into it. distorts the value of the films as individual entities, i'd say - not uncommon these days, but those attitudes has spread to more than a few labels now.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

i do also get pretty annoyed with the whole arrow fanboyism which means they can pretty much put a lot of half-decent stuff out, and as long as it has the arrow logo and a spine number, enough people will buy into it. distorts the value of the films as individual entities, i'd say - not uncommon these days, but those attitudes has spread to more than a few labels now.

Indeed  :P

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man

I tend to buy Arrow stuff when they have their sales, you can get most of their releases for £8 or less. So im not exactly a Arrow mega fan.  Im annoyed by their pre order prices (£33 for this particular set) but if you wait a few months they will put it on sale for much less.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.