• 16 Jun 2019 - 23:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Le avventure di Pinocchio (Luigi Comencini, 1971)  (Read 3947 times)

Pollanet

time is gone for my little daughter to see something that isn't cartoons... so I had no doubt to let her see this tv-movie :-X

a very poor, moralistic, dramatic version of the most known italian novel, very very far from Walt Disney's cartoon but also from Benigni's Pinocchio

but also the greatest version of all times, the nearest from the book written by carlo collodi

a big cast with a lot of well known actors from italian 70's cinema, from Andrea Balestri (Torino nera) to Nino Manfredi (Il giocattolo and many others), Mario Adorf, Lionel Stander, ......

also a good particular score from tito Carpi.. you can't put it off your head after listening

seems to remember that there is a dutch dvd perhaps also with english language

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Le avventure di Pinocchio (Luigi Comencini, 1971)
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2008 - 22:41 »

Never seen this one but found a UK DVD, with English audio, from Jef Films...

What did your Daughter think of it Polla?
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Pollanet

« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2008 - 23:27 »

hum, I saw it for the first time when i had the age of my daughter

I absolutely loved it, but in 1972 in italy there were only 2 tv channels, only black and white, only an hour every day with programs for children...

now you know how much dvds, dedicated tv-channels and so on children have

but directors as Comencini knew to tell a good story in a basic but excellent way, my daughter is seeing it in these days with great attntion

also L'odissea by Schivazappa from Homerus is a great tv movie with a lot of known actors from euro cinema

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #3 on: 28 Apr 2008 - 22:41 »

I'd be very wary of that Jef Films release. Granted, I haven't seen this particular DVD but knowing Jef it's probably an unauthorized release of dubious quality.

I have a really nice-looking Italian DVD from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment that has both Italian and English audio as well as subtitles in Italian and English. You can even choose English menus and most of the extras are English-friendly so this is a GREAT release!

Some screenshots:

Now, unfortunately, this DVD presents the PINOCCHIO in its condensed movie version, clocking in at 128 minutes.

20th Century Fox also has an Italian DVD of the complete mini series version (running 250 minutes) but, frustratingly, this disc is without any English options! Bummer!

Pollanet

« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2008 - 13:38 »

yes, the condensed movie verson is not so good IMO, it was broadcasted on italian tv last week

however this tv-movie was produced by a little society, Sampaolo, very close IMO to italian catholic associations, this label edited also some VHS in the 80's
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 35 queries.