• 08 Dec 2019 - 22:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Tenebre/Tenebrae/Unsane/Shadows (Dario Argento, 1982)  (Read 31296 times)

paperbag

• Special Cop In Action
Re: Tenebre/Tenebrae/Unsane/Shadows (Dario Argento, 1982)
« Reply #15 on: 02 Mar 2008 - 05:10 »

Yeah I prefer PHENOMENA as well but i'd love to see TENEBRE in italian. The italian track made DEEP RED much better for me.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #16 on: 02 Mar 2008 - 06:43 »

The italian track made DEEP RED much better for me.

I prefer the English track since it has David Hemmings' voice.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #17 on: 12 Jun 2008 - 12:17 »

I might have mentioned this somewhere else but - for those of you familiar with the soundtrack - does it seem as if the track "Lesbo" might have been intended for the louma crane sequence?  I don't mean because the two characters are lesbians but because the theme has a similar rhythm (I think that's the right term).

K August

« Reply #18 on: 15 Jun 2008 - 15:10 »

Yeah I prefer PHENOMENA as well but i'd love to see TENEBRE in italian. The italian track made DEEP RED much better for me.

Personally I find Tenebre as Argento's best giallo and it's my favorite film of his.

Paperbag, Tenebre is MUCH better in Italian.

I've read the new AB release of Tenebre has the Italian mono track but no English subs. The Medusa Italian dvd has the English subs w/the Italian dub, it was the only version I've watched. It'll be nice to have a better print... so I hope the Italian mono dub will be included on this new AB edition.

paperbag

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #19 on: 17 Jun 2008 - 20:17 »

Yeah thanks for that, i'll definitely get the Medusa disc

Peter Neal

« Reply #20 on: 18 Jun 2008 - 12:03 »

Unless Anthony Franciosa dubbed himself for the Italian track I'm fine and set up with the English dub ::).
(Though I should simply check it out for the intro read by Argento himself....one fine day. ;))
Which essentially IS the "right track" for a movie with a multilingual cast like this?
I sort of get it why some deem the Italian audio to sound more "natural" fo these flicks, but "Phenomena" without Donald Pleasence's voice? Or "Sleepless" without hearing Max von Sydow? I don't think so...for my ears, at least.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #21 on: 18 Jun 2008 - 13:08 »

I sort of get it why some deem the Italian audio to sound more "natural" fo these flicks, but "Phenomena" without Donald Pleasence's voice? Or "Sleepless" without hearing Max von Sydow? I don't think so...for my ears, at least.

John Saxon, too.  And don't forget DEEP RED without David Hemmings' voice (or TENEBRE without Teresa Russell's voice).

I heard that Guilianno Gemma does dub himself on the English track.

In the English opening credits, the words in the close-ups of the book are in English but in the long shots they're in Italian.

When the film was released in the US in the cut version UNSANE, it featured Italian opening and closing credits even though there was an export version with English language credits.

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #22 on: 18 Jun 2008 - 16:29 »

I can't help it but I really love the Kim Wilde song playing over the end credits in the UNSANE cut!  :-\

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #23 on: 18 Jun 2008 - 20:42 »

I can't help it but I really love the Kim Wilde song playing over the end credits in the UNSANE cut!  :-\

Since Argento and Simonetti comment on it on the end credits of the Anchor Bay disc (the music was replaced on the master with the Simonetti track and the Wilde version featured as an extra), it has been suggested on other forums that the musical change was made to certain copies of the export print rather than the change being made by the US distributor.

The Japanese video trailer is scored with the Wilde track.
http://www.youtube.com/v/HskE_hnddV8&hl=en

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #24 on: 18 Jun 2008 - 22:27 »

Holy shit, that was weird! Never seen that Japanese trailer before but the use of the Kim Wilde song is completely inappropriate! Haha!  ;D

K August

« Reply #25 on: 19 Jun 2008 - 18:23 »

Yeah thanks for that, i'll definitely get the Medusa disc

Be warned the print isn't as good as the AB version, Paperbag. But for me, the Italian dub with the subs was worth it.

What threw me off in the English print is the voice for the first killer. It just blew the menace of that character.

---

As far as which sub/dub, I feel that way too for the most part. But for instances such as Tenebre, I digress ;)

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #26 on: 19 Jun 2008 - 22:06 »

check out the cover of this Greek-subtitled Italian language tape of MARK OF THE DEVIL PART II:

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #27 on: 07 Jun 2011 - 13:28 »

TENEBRE will be shown on the big screen at Birmingham's Electric Cinema's Shock and Gore film festival on Saturday 2nd July.  I imagine that it will be screened from DVD, I might email the festival organiser to find out.

http://www.theelectric.co.uk/shock/

They will also be showing WITCHFINDER GENERAL, REC 1 & 2, THE TINGLER amongst others.

The Electric is a lovely art-deco cinema that markets itself as the UKs oldest working cinema. 

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #28 on: 15 Jun 2011 - 23:18 »

Got the Arrow check disc today.

Sundance

« Reply #29 on: 16 Jun 2011 - 16:48 »

Wild Side BR vs Arrow BR (not exact frames and taken by different people)

Is it just me (I'm on a different, shittier, monitor right now than what I usually use) or does the Arrow disc look kinda like all those various Italian films released by BU on BR that all have apparently come from the same company in Italy ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 33 queries.