• 06 Dec 2019 - 12:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Forgotten Pistolero / Il pistolero dell' ave maria (Ferdinando Baldi, 1969)  (Read 11721 times)

Mart85

Welcome to the board, Paul.  :P

The Wild East DVD is the same as all the other prints clocking in at about 80mins.  Not read anything more about a longer cut either.

Commissario, I downloaded the soundtrack off this blog:

http://dollarirosso.blogspot.com/

fdsmedia

We're planning a reissue of this soundtrack together with a previously unreleased Pregadio soundtrack - keep your fingers crossed!  :-X

Vito Cipriani

• Almost Human

Welcome to the board, Paul.  :P
Thanks, Martin. I've been meaning to sign up for a couple of months, ever since Jonny invited me; but, thanks to hectic periods at work and whatnot, I've only just gotten around to it.
The Wild East DVD is the same as all the other prints clocking in at about 80mins.  Not read anything more about a longer cut either.
It's a shame, that. Maybe the story of THE FORGOTTEN PISTOLERO will go down in history as one of the great mysteries in life, such as where do all the flies go in winter  :D
'Society has many means of protecting itself: bureaucracy, red tape... and the revolver'

IL COMMISSARIO

It's possible there could be some footage cut especially the Martell character. You never actually see him castrated but late in the film it's hinted at that he was clipped by the bad guys when he was a little boy during the flashback scene.

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

a lot of soap opera overtones in this.
Hey you haven't been taken in by Mr Weisser have you as he makes a similar comment? ;D
And for once Weisser couldn't be more correct.

If only Weisser had seen the movie.  After he refers to the film's soap opera ovetones, Weisser states:

[spoiler]"Brooding Leonard Mann looks great (in his black cape/coat) as the "wronged" gunfighter, Sebastian searching for his father's killer.  Along the way, he falls in love with Anna (beautiful Luciana Paluzzi) who has a few secrets of her own."[/spoiler]

Really?

Mr. Weisser must have watched the B&W version, since Sebastian's cape/coat appears to be buckskin. 

A recent review of the film, and the Wild East DVD, by Sheldon Inkel in Video Watchdog #138 says that THE FORGOTTEN PISTOLERO is based upon The Oresteia by Aeschylus.  Weisser makes it sound like it's based upon Oedipus Rex! ;D
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

The Hunchback

a lot of soap opera overtones in this.
Hey you haven't been taken in by Mr Weisser have you as he makes a similar comment? ;D
And for once Weisser couldn't be more correct.

If only Weisser had seen the movie.  After he refers to the film's soap opera ovetones, Weisser states:

[spoiler]"Brooding Leonard Mann looks great (in his black cape/coat) as the "wronged" gunfighter, Sebastian searching for his father's killer.  Along the way, he falls in love with Anna (beautiful Luciana Paluzzi) who has a few secrets of her own."[/spoiler]

Really?

Mr. Weisser must have watched the B&W version, since Sebastian's cape/coat appears to be buckskin. 

A recent review of the film, and the Wild East DVD, by Sheldon Inkel in Video Watchdog #138 says that THE FORGOTTEN PISTOLERO is based upon The Oresteia by Aeschylus.  Weisser makes it sound like it's based upon Oedipus Rex! ;D

Well, perhaps I need to see this one again somewhere down the road.
But besides the first 20 minutes, and the final firey showdown, I was disinterested throughout.

Anybody else find it highly preposterous that young Leonard Mann would have forgotten about what actually happened to his father even though he was old enough to remember?

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

Anybody else find it highly preposterous that young Leonard Mann would have forgotten about what actually happened to his father even though he was old enough to remember?

How's this?

Dissociative amnesia
Definition
Dissociative amnesia is classified by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th Edition, Text Revision, also known as the DSM-IV-TR as one of the dissociative disorders, which are mental disorders in which the normally well-integrated functions of memory, identity, perception, or consciousness are separated (dissociated). The dissociative disorders are usually associated with trauma in the recent or distant past, or with an intense internal conflict that forces the mind to separate incompatible or unacceptable knowledge, information, or feelings. In dissociative amnesia, the continuity of the patient's memory is disrupted. Patients with dissociative amnesia have recurrent episodes in which they forget important personal information or events, usually connected with trauma or severe stress. The information that is lost to the patient's memory is usually too extensive to be attributed to ordinary absentmindedness or forgetfulness related to aging. Dissociative amnesia was formerly called "psychogenic amnesia."

.... Causes and symptoms
Causes
The primary cause of dissociative amnesia is stress associated with traumatic experiences that the patient has either survived or witnessed. These may include such major life stressors as serious financial problems, the death of a parent or spouse, extreme internal conflict, and guilt related to serious crimes or turmoil caused by difficulties with another person.

http://www.minddisorders.com/Del-Fi/Dissociative-amnesia.html

"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

The Hunchback

How's this?

Dissociative amnesia
Definition
Dissociative amnesia is classified by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th Edition, Text Revision, also known as the DSM-IV-TR as one of the dissociative disorders, which are mental disorders in which the normally well-integrated functions of memory, identity, perception, or consciousness are separated (dissociated). The dissociative disorders are usually associated with trauma in the recent or distant past, or with an intense internal conflict that forces the mind to separate incompatible or unacceptable knowledge, information, or feelings. In dissociative amnesia, the continuity of the patient's memory is disrupted. Patients with dissociative amnesia have recurrent episodes in which they forget important personal information or events, usually connected with trauma or severe stress. The information that is lost to the patient's memory is usually too extensive to be attributed to ordinary absentmindedness or forgetfulness related to aging. Dissociative amnesia was formerly called "psychogenic amnesia."

.... Causes and symptoms
Causes
The primary cause of dissociative amnesia is stress associated with traumatic experiences that the patient has either survived or witnessed. These may include such major life stressors as serious financial problems, the death of a parent or spouse, extreme internal conflict, and guilt related to serious crimes or turmoil caused by difficulties with another person.

Not good enough.

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

How's this?

Dissociative amnesia
Definition

.... Causes and symptoms
Causes

Not good enough.

Thank You, Doctor Hunchback!  :o
SNAPORAZ!

IL COMMISSARIO

Obviously in the "movie world" the incident was so shocking, Mann blocks it out of his mind until Martell shows up years later to jog his memory. Nothing wrong with that at all not to mention that type of trauma in the "real world" is not a rare occurrence.

The Hunchback

LANZETTA

[/quote]
Well he does have a track record for amnesia.In CHUCK MOOL he can't remember who he is himself let alone his father. ;D

FORGOTTEN PISTOLERO is on the UK sattelite Movies4men channel this evening and i'm curious to see if this has a longer running time than my German dvd which judging by the abrupt ending  appears to be abridged.

Gary B.

We're planning a reissue of this soundtrack together with a previously unreleased Pregadio soundtrack - keep your fingers crossed!  :-X
Fingers still crossed!  :-X

smashadams

• Anonymous Avenger

I discovered a pretty random use of the main theme from this movie while watching my all time favorite TV show The Adventures of Pete and Pete.

Check it out at 0:55 and 4:37
www.youtube.com/watch?v=91P_RTOiMtQ

I was so excited to hear it!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 36 queries.