• 17 Feb 2020 - 11:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1970s Italian Sexy Horror - Glittering Images  (Read 9383 times)

Stephen Grimes

1970s Italian Sexy Horror - Glittering Images
« on: 07 Jul 2007 - 15:01 »

Here's a few pictures from the new Glittering Images book '1970's Italian Sexy Horror'.
Movies featured include NIGHT OF THE DAMNED,FRANKENSTEIN '80,DEVIL'S WEDDING NIGHT,LADY FRANKENSTEIN and Polselli's REINCARNATION OF ISABEL.
Some great locandine/posterart and the cineromanzo strips/sequences are amazing.
Price €29

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: '1970s Italian Sexy Horror' Glittering Images book
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jul 2007 - 15:51 »

Looks great! I'll have to get myself one of these next time I've got some spare cash. Did youorder it direct from Glittering Images Stephen?
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #2 on: 07 Jul 2007 - 15:55 »

Looks great! I'll have to get myself one of these next time I've got some spare cash. Did youorder it direct from Glittering Images Stephen?
No Xploited Cinema,got it sent fedex for an extra $1.50 or something and it arrived 3 days later.
Glittering Images charge €6 postage direct from Italy,might order their next book(on Gialli cineromanzo) from them as they take straight cash in Euros.Nice guys there as well,very friendly and helpful.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2007 - 08:04 »

Received my Glittering Images book yesterday, not the same one as yours Stephen but very, very nice. I'm going to be buying the 70's Horror one next for sure.

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Gary B.

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2007 - 08:12 »

Jonny, classic picture of wedding ring on finger while looking at naked photos!
all kidding aside, these books look amazing, and I'll definitely be ordering some of these very soon...

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2007 - 21:23 »

I am so on that Jonny,deffo my next Glittering Images purchase.
Btw their next book will be on cineromanzo and the giallo genre,essential!

Rogerio Ferraz

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 02:14 »

WOW! Those Glittering Images books do look amazing, don´t they??  ::)

One question, please, Stephen:

- Does  '1970's Italian Sexy Horror' feature *complete* cineromanzi as originally published on cinesex and the like?

Cheers

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 10:50 »

Does  '1970's Italian Sexy Horror' feature *complete* cineromanzi as originally published on cinesex and the like?

Rogerio,the 'Italian Sexy Horror' book doesn't feature the complete photonovels just the best parts/sequences from the original magazines like Cinestop,Cinesex etc.
I have a few issues of Cinesex which nearly all feature 1 movie per issue and these are the whole thing from start to finish which run to about 60-70 pages.The photostory of Sergio Martino's CASE OF THE SCORPIONS TAIL is basically the same as the film except for more nudity (Hilton's arse as well :-*).

Rogerio Ferraz

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 19:08 »

Stephen,

Thanks for the reply - and pictures!  :P

I've tried to bid on some Cinesex issues featuring gialli photonovels on ebay, but they went way out of my price range. Maybe some day...  ;D

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #9 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 19:26 »

Yeah they do sell for big money esp. some of the Polselli issues and the Fenech/Neri ones,there were quite a few Cinesex,Bigfilm and Cinestop on Ebay a month or so ago which were going for between €50 and €200 each.
The Glittering Images books are well worth picking up,there's also PSYCHOPATHIA SEXUALIS IN ITALIAN SINEMA which features  Top Sensation,Delirio Caldo,Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh and other movies which were used in Italian cineromazo between 1968 and 1972.
Check out the Italian posterart for Franco's  'Venus in Furs' used for the cover.

Rogerio Ferraz

« Reply #10 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 19:42 »

Yeah - these books have been on my to buy list ever since I first heard about them!
I can only dream that one day Glittering Images will put out a Giallo book similar to
the Western All'Italiana series!  ;D

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #11 on: 14 Jul 2007 - 11:21 »

Hopefully their next book titled 'Bizarre Sinema! Giallo & Thrilling all'italiana' will be though i've a feeling this will be based around the cineromanzo magazines rather than a review/apppraisal of the genre.

Gary B.

« Reply #12 on: 15 Jul 2008 - 15:33 »

I just got this book as a gift today from my girlfriend!  outstanding :-X

K August

« Reply #13 on: 19 Jan 2009 - 15:06 »

Hopefully their next book titled 'Bizarre Sinema! Giallo & Thrilling all'italiana' will be though i've a feeling this will be based around the cineromanzo magazines rather than a review/apppraisal of the genre.

I'll get that one regardless. I'd love them to do a series like the Western All'Italiana. Do the first on directors, next on actresses/actors and the third on reviews.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 34 queries.