• 08 Dec 2019 - 22:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Father's Wife / La moglie di mio padre (Andrea Bianchi, 1976)  (Read 15007 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

aka Confessions of a Frustrated Housewife

Anyone seen this? I just got a copy of the Japanese DVD from Media Suits, good quality, English dub with removable Japanese subs.

It's another one of Carol Baker's weirdly plotted sex dramas a bit like 'The Virgin Wife' except instead of her getting it on with her daughter's husband she's knocking off her step son. I find these late films featuring Baker strangely fascinating as she looks the embodiment of the frumpy housewife but yet gets naked lots and has loads of sex with younger men.

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever

Yeah, I've got it. Nice DVD but the film itself is what you'd expect from Andrea Bianchi: It's pretty bad, and Carroll Baker's performance is all over the place. Her acting is rendered even more cheesy by the hysterical dubbing - in fact, this is one of her very few Italian films where Baker doesn't dub her own voice, so I'm guessing she was simply too embarrassed by the whole thing to show up in the dubbing studio. With that said, this is a good-looking and rather enjoyable film inspite of its daftness. No, wit... I think it's enjoyable because of its daftness. Very good cast too (Baker, Adolfo Celi, Femi Benussi, Luigi Pistilli, Jenny Tamburi) so that helps too.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Yeah, I know what you mean about the dubbing Johan. When I was going through it looking for screen caps I noticed that the dubbing was awful!  :-*

I'll give it a watch tonight.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever

Yeah, it's dubbed by that usual team of recognizable voice dubbers but they did a pretty sloppy job on this one. But I admit I kind of liked the silly dub job. It fits the film rather nicely, just like it did in Bianchi's later BURIAL GROUND.  ;D

MarcMorris

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

This was issued in the UK on pre-cert video from IFS (Iver Film Services) as Confessions of a Frustrated Housewife. I haven't had a chance to check the runtime of the Japanese disc yet.

Nucleus Films
DVD Releasing & DVD Extras Production

Cult Movie Forums | YouTube channel | My Movie Archive
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 34 queries.