• 09 Dec 2019 - 04:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Deep Red / Profondo rosso (Dario Argento, 1975)  (Read 34361 times)

The Hunchback

Deep Red / Profondo rosso (Dario Argento, 1975)
« on: 07 Jul 2007 - 22:19 »

I find this more enjoyable than Argento's most famous work "Suspira". Maybe because it has a comphrensible plot.

Anyway this is my favorite of his.
Sadly I only have the version title "THE Hatchet Murders" which is a hack job ;D

I viewed the uncut version last october and I was surprised to see all that was missing from my copy was extra dialogue and a few comedic moments.

Great Horror movie.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Deep Red/Profondo Rosso (Dario Argento) (1975)
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jul 2007 - 22:24 »

It's a superb film, possibly one of my favorite Gialli.

I know what you mean about 'Suspiria', great film to look at and listen to but without the eye and ear candy it'd be a dull film indeed.

The recent Blue Underground re-issue is well worth picking up, I think it's retailing at under $10 so it's a bargain too.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

The Hunchback

« Reply #2 on: 07 Jul 2007 - 22:27 »

First i'd like to say this...the soundtrack is great!

However, does anybody else find that the tension totally disappears during the creepy scenes because of this soundtrack?
It isn't very creepy. Instead of being scared I feel more like jamming to it.
Very rockish and upbeat.

The scares that work best here are when the soundtrack is muted (the robot doll scene).

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jul 2007 - 10:19 »

I love PROFONDO ROSSO, it's my second favourite of Argento's gialli, after THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE. There's much to admire - the Goblin score especially - and I believe it's the one film in his filmography that bridges the gap between his giallo and horror films.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

fdsmedia

Re: Deep Red/Profondo rosso (Dario Argento, 1975)
« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2008 - 06:43 »

Forthcoming 2-disc "ultimate edition" from Swedish label Studio S, it will be the same as AWE but with a nicer artwork:

Peter Neal

« Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2008 - 13:45 »

I intend to upgrade to the AWE disc when it arrives in Helsinki. ::)

2 discs? I HOPE that means that they'll offer both - the international AND the longer Italian - cuts on seperate discs this time. ;) ;)

Peter

• Special Cop In Action
    • Giallo Locandine
« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2008 - 17:36 »

I'll be picking up the Studio S set as well. There's always room for another copy of Profondo Rosso  ::)

fdsmedia

« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2008 - 14:51 »

Complete artwork, and yes this release will contain both the director's cut and export cut - release date May 28 :P

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2008 - 14:56 »

Looks very nice indeed! Might be tempted to double dip for this one.  :P
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
Re: Deep Red / Profondo rosso (Dario Argento, 1975)
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2008 - 15:01 »

Me too. Haven't seen the export version in years and really should get around to getting a copy of it.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2008 - 17:42 »

I love PROFONDO ROSSO, it's my second favourite of Argento's gialli, after THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE.

That's my order for Argento too.  I also like TENEBRE. 

For me, THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE is such a ground breaking Gialli, riffing on Bava's BLOOD AND BLACK LACE and putting the Gialli into overdrive, and it never looked back.  Morricone's score also influenced countless Gialli scores, henceforth. 

Never thought I'd get to use the word "henceforth" on this board.  :-*

Great day, all in all.  :-\
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Peter Neal

« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2008 - 21:20 »

Haven't seen the export cut in "uncesnored form" EVER..so I'm really looking forward to find out whether or not I'll like it better than the director's  cut. ::)

I really like the humour in the dc: Usually Dario isn't known for his comedic achievements, but for better or worse, the dialogues between Hemmings and Daria Nicolodi really have a certain charme and considering some of his later films, a bit more INTENDED fun here and there wouldn't have hurt - particularly in the weaker outings like "Phantom"...though that cracks me already up, sadly for all the wrong reasons. :-*

His first three films had their fair share of humour, too, which he seemed to have completely dropped for the most part beginning with "Suspiria"...

VogNyhmn

« Reply #12 on: 17 Jun 2008 - 00:00 »

Haven't seen the export cut in "uncesnored form" EVER..so I'm really looking forward to find out whether or not I'll like it better than the director's  cut. ::)

I really like the humour in the dc: Usually Dario isn't known for his comedic achievements, but for better or worse, the dialogues between Hemmings and Daria Nicolodi really have a certain charme and considering some of his later films, a bit more INTENDED fun here and there wouldn't have hurt - particularly in the weaker outings like "Phantom"...though that cracks me already up, sadly for all the wrong reasons. :-*

His first three films had their fair share of humour, too, which he seemed to have completely dropped for the most part beginning with "Suspiria"...

I don;t know why...The car scene with Hemmings and the loose sun visor always cracks me up! Proabaly, because I have ridden and owned my fair share of crappy cars.  Plus, I love the masculine/feminine playful domination play.

fdsmedia

« Reply #13 on: 17 Jun 2008 - 16:27 »

The Scandinavian release has been delayed until August 27...  :-[

Peter Neal

« Reply #14 on: 18 Jun 2008 - 12:07 »

The Scandinavian release has been delayed until August 27...  :-[

Bugger! Though my account might take a breath of relief.... ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 35 queries.