• 08 Aug 2020 - 08:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Deep Red / Profondo rosso (Dario Argento, 1975)  (Read 38531 times)

fdsmedia

Re: Deep Red / Profondo rosso (Dario Argento, 1975)
« Reply #30 on: 21 Oct 2008 - 09:17 »

njutafilms finally has got it in stock!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #31 on: 21 Oct 2008 - 11:07 »

njutafilms finally has got it in stock!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a link, mate?
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

fdsmedia

« Reply #32 on: 21 Oct 2008 - 11:09 »

I went there and got myself a copy.. looks nice! However, they won't sell it until November 5....

http://www.subdvd.com/productView.do?prod_id=547523

fdsmedia

« Reply #33 on: 21 Oct 2008 - 17:44 »

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #34 on: 21 Oct 2008 - 18:23 »

This new edition looks like a good excuse for me to upgrade from my French 2 disc on Wildside,cheers for the screenshots Magnus.

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #35 on: 22 Oct 2008 - 08:11 »

This new edition looks like a good excuse for me to upgrade from my French 2 disc on Wildside,cheers for the screenshots Magnus.

The same goes for me!!
Dig that groove baby.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #36 on: 23 Oct 2008 - 11:00 »

Audio commentary by Danish Argento-expert and movie director who supervised the making of the DVD, Thomas Rostock (in English).
Judging by some of the posts about this guy over at the Maniacs thread this should be an 'interesting' listen,one more reason for me to double-dip.:-\

eurocultfan1964

« Reply #37 on: 10 Jan 2009 - 14:55 »

Hi all, recently received the AWE release and very much enjoyed watching the shorter International Cut.I too enjoy the the lighter sequences, ie the scenes in Daria Nicolodi's dilapidated Fiat as mentioned earlier in the thread,and in some respects prefer them to the extended and somewhat cheesy additional moments in the longer cut of the film.I do miss the extended search of the 'haunted house' in the Directors Cut though.

I seem to remember someone online who had read his autobiography,mentioning that David Hemmings was somewhat dismissive of Profondo Rosso,only noting it's many title changes.

While I think his performace in the film is excellent(one of his best in fact),I guess he may have taken the on the role as 'just another job',and quite possibly not seen the completed film.

He may well have been more interested in getting his own directorial career off the ground at this time,but he certainly should have paid more attention.

His own film,The Survivor, made in Australia in 1980,and the only one of the films he directed that I have managed to sit through,does not seem to reflect the fact that he worked with some of the best international film directors of the 60's and 70's,or that their skills rubbed off to any great extent.

K August

« Reply #38 on: 16 Jan 2009 - 11:47 »

Even though Deep Red is one of my least favorite Argento films these days, I may have to pick this up. I'd love to see the shorter version.

gialloshots

« Reply #39 on: 07 Nov 2009 - 03:58 »

Last week, there was a local showing for this in the original US 35mm print;  the 98 minute version.  I am still in shock that I was able to see any giallo on the "big screen" much less Deep Red.  The print had some age issues but the Goblin tracks were booming and just pure genius.  Their was a group of teens behind us that weren't "impressed", although they all screamed like children when the doll came running in the room...haha.  Tenebre is still my personal favorite Argento but this one was 10x better than I remember when put on a larger screen.  Just a fantastic opportunity!! 

Thanks to http://www.dallascinemania.com for their hard work and dedication to bringing cult movies to the big screen in Texas of all places.  Yeee-hah!!!!

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #40 on: 26 Nov 2010 - 23:39 »

An Italian issue of Vanity Fair featured contemporary actors recreating scenes from some of Italy's great films including THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY and THE LEOPARD as well as a shot from DEEP RED (with actress Anita Caprioli as Macha Meril):

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #41 on: 28 Nov 2010 - 02:21 »

An Italian issue of Vanity Fair featured contemporary actors recreating scenes from some of Italy's great films including THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY and THE LEOPARD as well as a shot from DEEP RED (with actress Anita Caprioli as Macha Meril):

Cool.  :'(

Have you got pics from the films you could put on the threads by any chance?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #42 on: 28 Nov 2010 - 18:10 »

Cool.  :'(

Have you got pics from the films you could put on the threads by any chance?

DEEP RED is the only one I think that has a thread here.  I found the DEEP RED and other images at: http://nonhotempoeperdotempo.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html#5093635311269964066
The others are:

Daniele Liotti, Pierfrancesco Favino, and Claudio Santamaria in THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY

Claudia Gerini in LA RAGAZZA CON LA VAGLIA

Giovanna Mezzogiorno in LA CIOCIARA

Valeria Solarino and Raoul Bova in THE LEOPARD

Monica Bellucci in PANE, AMORE E FANTASIA

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #43 on: 28 Nov 2010 - 19:27 »

Cheers eec  ::)

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 35 queries.