• 18 Aug 2022 - 03:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: POLL.What's your favorite Joe Dallesandro Italian crime movie?  (Read 14826 times)

Gary B.

Stephen that's a great locandina for L'ambizioso...   I need one!!

I've only seen the climber and madness, so I'll have to vote for the CLIMBER.

Fray G

I saw Savage Three over the weekend, it was a lot of fun  :) Was trying to figure out what game it was they were watching that they started the riot at. Was it an italian international match?

MINOR SPOILER !

Got a bit of a surprise when you find out mid-way through the film that Joe's character is married to a professional medical career-ist, what would someone like her be doing marrying a snotty, arrogant, football hooligan!?!

It fulfilled all my posh women menaced by fork-lifts needs too  :-\

Definately going to check out more of these with Dallesandro.

Stephen Grimes

Definately going to check out more of these with Dallesandro.
Season for Assassins is good,it's very much in the vein of Young Violent Dangerous with Dallesandro as a nasty young criminal.It also stars Martin Balsam as the tough cop and Rossano Brazzi as a priest/monk who the gang push to the limit,i also noticed the young girl from Lizzani's Teenage Prostitution Racket as Joe's timid girlfriend.

vigilanteforce

MADNESS is worth checking out as well, that is if you don't mind a small claustrophobic film made on a very low budget. That film needs its own thread in the forum's exploitation section!

THE CLIMBER by Pasquale "GANG WAR IN NAPLES" Squitieri is an essential as well. I have an old review of it somewhere and I will post it here!

Stephen Grimes

THE CLIMBER by Pasquale "GANG WAR IN NAPLES" Squitieri is an essential as well. I have an old review of it somewhere and I will post it here!
Anyone know of a lbx version of this?Great film but the Greek tape is a fullscreen p&s job.

vigilanteforce

Perhaps there is some Scandinavian release somewhere although I am not sure, haven't seen it in anybody's list so far. You know I am keeping an eye out Stephen!  ::) I believe that for now, the Greek tape is the way to go.

sadystyk

I just checked out Dallesandro's sizeable portfolio on imdb and its quite impressive including a few TV series appearances.

On the BBC2 Rock N Roll Tales documentary(mid 1990's) about the making of Lou Reeds WALK ON THE WILD i don't recall too much being said about his acting career.However,there was plenty of footage shown from TRASH which looked exactly that! ;D

I thought he came across as a right miserable bastard on that documentary (he and Holly Woodlawn are the only 2 people mentioned in the song who are still alive). He just sat there at a computer going on about how all he wants is a gig on a long running soap and then says he still gets fan mail but doesn't even open it, just throws it straight in the bin. In a different interview he claimed that after Frankenstein and Dracula he was in big demand with Italian filmmakers but Morrisey and Warhol bad mouthed him saying he was a drug addict and unreliable and thats why he split with them. 

vigilanteforce

Sounds very interesting, I would love to see those interviews.

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action
  • Soon to be a Major Motion Picture

I too vote for THE CLIMBER, which makes *great* use of its music -- even though it's not typical Eurocrime funk.

(Btw, it's Joe favorite Italian, non-Morrissey film.)

Stephen Grimes

I too vote for THE CLIMBER, which makes *great* use of its music -- even though it's not typical Eurocrime funk.
Great soundtrack by Campanino,the cool vocal track is on the 'Attori a mano armata' cd/book.
Have you got the s/t record Tanzi?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Great soundtrack by Campanino,the cool vocal track is on the 'Attori a mano armata' cd/book.
Have you got the s/t record Tanzi?
The only Dallesandro record i think i have is SEASON FOR ASSASSINS

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

The only Dallesandro record i think i have is SEASON FOR ASSASSINS
That song always reminds me of The Beatles' 'Here Comes the Sun' esp. that guitar part.

drmiaow

• Special Cop In Action

I just stumbled across this... the official Joe Dallesandro webpage.

http://www.joedallesandro.com/

Pollanet

I saw Born winner/L'ultima volta some nights ago, but I found it really boring... in italian edition dallesandro is dubbed with a lombard slang, and it's a little ridiculous

The other movies are good, he is another perfect 'faccia da culo' and also 'bellicapelli' (nice hair)  :-\, not possible for him to have a different role from the boy nice and bastard

My favorite are Season for assassins/Il tempo degli assassini and Fango bollente... unforunately there aren't dvds in italian language about any dallesandro's crime movies

Stuart Chivers

I just stumbled across this... the official Joe Dallesandro webpage.

http://www.joedallesandro.com/

I've actually got the book, Little Joe, Superstar. It's fine for what it is - a coffee table book - but a proper biography would be preferable.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.