• 25 Jun 2019 - 16:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: La verità secondo Satana (Renato Polselli ,1973)  (Read 16607 times)

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
Re: La verità secondo Satana (Renato Polselli ,1973)
« Reply #30 on: 27 Dec 2012 - 20:44 »

English subtitles for this Polselli insanity are now up on my website www.cultfilmsubs.com

Merry Xmas :)

Loved this film even without subs. Awesome work, sir!!  ;)

Scyther

• Special Cop In Action
    • My Examiner Writings
« Reply #31 on: 27 Dec 2012 - 20:46 »

Who can sort me out with the best quality and most complete version?  :D

I second this request! Have only seen Delirium and Isabel but I loves me some Polselli! :)
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #32 on: 27 Dec 2012 - 22:07 »

I second this request! Have only seen Delirium and Isabel but I loves me some Polselli! :)

Then sit tight, because subs for Polselli's utterly fucked up Oscenita are just around the corner :)
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Scyther

• Special Cop In Action
    • My Examiner Writings
« Reply #33 on: 27 Dec 2012 - 23:51 »

Then sit tight, because subs for Polselli's utterly fucked up Oscenita are just around the corner :)

Heroic, mate!  :P
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

mrblonde1369

• Anonymous Avenger
« Reply #34 on: 12 Jun 2015 - 08:42 »

Hi everyone,

and sorry for writing on such an old topic.
In the last few months the complete Tower VHS rip came out (a VHS2DVD version, as mentioned by quidtum), and it includes the initial credits with the capital sins images - total runtime 85m08s.
Also, as already mentioned - by DjangoLi - in this topic, the German version came up as well (again, a VHS2DVD version) with a running time of approx 48mins. It is said to be a version made by Polselli to be used for creating an hardcore version. This latter info is taken from http://dirtypictures.phpbb8.de/gialli-f6/lusthaus-teuflischer-begierden-renato-polselli-t102.html, here's the relevant bit translated from German with GT:

This is a custom built by Polselli cut version, which should serve as a basis for the XXX print, there were many scenes completely removed. From this version in addition to the 35mm print and a master tape exists (who also wrote the DVD-R). The XXX print is previously unpublished and considered lost.

Now for my guesswork (I hope someone might offer some more insights and possibly prove my "thesis" wrong):

• the "(in)famous" Camen/Hobby version seems to be a myth, but a detail should be noted: the running time is said to be 88mins (approx).
  • the German edition contains approx 2 mins of scenes which are not in the Italian Tower VHS
  • putting together the Tower VHS (85m08s) and the scenes only available in the German edition (approx 2 mins) the running time would become approx 88mins[(li]
Couldn't it be that the "uncut" version (the one that is supposedly been released by Camen/Hobby) is the version appearing on the Tower VHS with the "German bits" included?

Again, I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.
Thanks in advance to anyone who might help shed a light on this matter.

Russell22

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #35 on: 12 Jun 2015 - 11:29 »

I'm pretty sure I've never seen a Polselli film.   ??? ???

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #36 on: 12 Jun 2015 - 20:55 »

I'm working on a custom disc with Dario - with the Jay Slater's excellent interview as a bonus... just battling with the subs in between a couple of projects for 88Films - almost there!

From what Dario told me the German version also includes 'alternate' takes so it's not as easy as simply inserting the missing scenes.

I guess the truth will be revealed when it's released (I have yet to see it myself)

I'd be careful with a lot of the old 'rumors' that float around about these films - especially from sites like B-Cult - there's some (not a lot) of misinformation there. Is there a XXX version? Like all things, seeing is believing, and nobody's come up with any proof of its existence.
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

mrblonde1369

• Anonymous Avenger
« Reply #37 on: 13 Jun 2015 - 10:01 »

I'm working on a custom disc with Dario - with the Jay Slater's excellent interview as a bonus... just battling with the subs in between a couple of projects for 88Films - almost there!

thanks again for the amazing work guys!

From what Dario told me the German version also includes 'alternate' takes so it's not as easy as simply inserting the missing scenes.

I guess the truth will be revealed when it's released (I have yet to see it myself)

can't wait to see it!

I'd be careful with a lot of the old 'rumors' that float around about these films - especially from sites like B-Cult - there's some (not a lot) of misinformation there. Is there a XXX version? Like all things, seeing is believing, and nobody's come up with any proof of its existence.

I agree 100%. I didn't want to spread any false rumor, just trying to come up with a plausible "solution" now that we have proof that two different versions exist!

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #38 on: 13 Jun 2015 - 12:00 »

Talking of rumors... I found out last week that the only know print of Mania (in the national archives) is in fact in good shape. Not perfect, but nowhere near as bad as we've been lead to believe. (no, I don't have it - but I met someone who was actually at the screening all those years ago)

And why is it so rare? Turns out Mr. Polselli himself blew all the money destined for striking up the rental prints on the horses - hence its rarity. This story comes from someone who knew Polselli personally.

So now we know...

mrblonde1369

• Anonymous Avenger
« Reply #39 on: 13 Jun 2015 - 12:31 »

And why is it so rare? Turns out Mr. Polselli himself blew all the money destined for striking up the rental prints on the horses - hence its rarity. This story comes from someone who knew Polselli personally.

Thanks for the info!

Polselli also explains why he didn't have any copy of the movie in the interview you mentioned earlier, and which you are about to include in the custom "La verità" DVD. As far as I recall he offers a slightly different version, saying that the main actor (Brad Euston) stole money from him and never gave him a copy - Euston was apparently the one who put the money to produce the movie.

About a week ago I uploaded on youtube the part where Polselli talks about Mania, you can find it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20lUv0tDYGg
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 35 queries.