• 08 Feb 2023 - 19:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The Devil's Wedding Night / Il plenilunio delle vergini (Luigi Batzella, 1973)  (Read 58638 times)

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

Every licensor I have ever dealt with has access to negatives.

What puts most companies off having a new master made is the cots. Paying for new transfers can be very expensive. If Media Blasters had spent another 5,000 euros (this is in addition to the licensing fee) creating a new master there is simply no way they would recoup that on this title alone. Most DVD releasing companies go with what  they are offered - if it's not up to scratch they can take it or leave it.
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

videohunter

What puts most companies off having a new master made is the cots. Paying for new transfers can be very expensive. If Media Blasters had spent another 5,000 euros (this is in addition to the licensing fee) creating a new master there is simply no way they would recoup that on this title alone. Most DVD releasing companies go with what  they are offered - if it's not up to scratch they can take it or leave it.

still conjecture IMO, I do hear what ur saying though, but that could account for most of the more rare euro horror titles , but at the time this title was announced from MEDIA BLASTERS , the lable was in full swing and if the elements were avilable at the time(which according to dolph, they weren't) than they surely would have put this title out properly......

i will also put a question forth, has any rare/obscure , non fulci/argento euro title done well or made a huge profit ? , i think most have fell short of expectation sales wise... let's be fair....

Raf A.

Just interesting, how much does the licensing of an obscure film like this cost?

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

If you are still unconvinced then I suggest you contact the licensor yourself and pose as a new releasing company and find out for yourself. Then perhaps you will believe me. I speak as somebody who has actually worked in the DVD industry for over ten years with first hand experience of these matters.

The label may well have been in full swing at that time, but would any company with any business sense wanting to make money throw it away on a titles that would not turn a profit after licensing and re-mastering costs were taken into account? I would say that the titles they did release already had acceptable masters available, hence no costly re-mastering involved.

The licensor of this film is very expensive. Many proposed releases have been canceled from other labels as they usually ask for way too much, then want additional re-mastering costs added.

Raf A.

The licensor of this film is very expensive. Many proposed releases have been canceled from other labels as they usually ask for way too much, then want additional re-mastering costs added.

I can't understand what's the point of asking too much? Don't they want to sell it instead of keeping somewhere on their shelves? I read somewhere that the owner of Giallo a venezia doesn't interesting in releasing of the dvd of the film. Why? The time goes by and one fine day the negatives of the film will be useless. And we'll all have those crappy vhs-rips. I think the same will happen to  Il plenilunio delle vergini.
Am I right?

videohunter

If you are still unconvinced then I suggest you contact the licensor yourself and pose as a new releasing company and find out for yourself. Then perhaps you will believe me. I speak as somebody who has actually worked in the DVD industry for over ten years with first hand experience of these matters.

marc , i'm not questioning ur experience or credibility , what i am merely suggesting is that maybe the negatives r missing or damaged etc... do u know for a fact negatives exisit ?, has ur nucleus label inquired about this release ?, from my prospective, i feel you're just assuming that these elements exist...

and i'm sure that there has been many films of which the same cost and restoration had been needed, that has been released....

and again has any rare film ect... been profitable ,

where's BCI again ?

so if what your saying 100% true , then these films will NEVER see a proper releases EVER

somthing is creeping in the dark
return of the zombis
werewolf and the yeti
devil's wedding night
night of the devils

the list goes on....

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

These titles may have been profitable say 5 years ago but not any more due to the general decline in sales and online piracy.

As I said many times, some films simply don't seem to be traceable to a sales agent.

videohunter

These titles may have been profitable say 5 years ago but not any more due to the decline in sales and online piracy.
which is precisely the time MEDIA BLASTERS announced that DEVIL'S WEDDING NIGHT was a title they were going to release ...

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

It may have been profitable if they didn't have to pay a license fee AND the cost of a new master i should have said.  ;D

videohunter

It may have been profitable if they didn't have to pay a license fee AND the cost of a new master i should have said.  ;D

I really think you don't have clue one on this title... please provide proof about these "fabled" pristine negative elements , failure to do so is just spreading inaccurate information.........

Stephen Grimes

The Italian version from the 3B VHS
What's the complete runtime on this?Thanks.

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

Here are the versions I have:

3B Magnum (IT) = 79m50s
VCI (USA) = 83m16s
Wizard (USA) = 83m50s

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

The Italian version from the 3B VHS
What's the complete runtime on this?Thanks.

Incidentally there's no end title crawl on the Italian and French VHS versions but there is on the Engliah language prints.

Stephen Grimes

3B Magnum (IT) = 79m50s
Cheers Marc.
Recieved a very nice looking lbx copy of the Duel TV broadcast in the post this morning which is about the same.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 22 queries.