• 27 Jun 2019 - 07:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The Devil's Wedding Night / Il plenilunio delle vergini (Luigi Batzella, 1973)  (Read 36005 times)

gnorthcott

Awesome news,i doubt it will be english friendly but a few of their discs are so maybe ::)

Scyther

• Special Cop In Action
    • My Examiner Writings

I own the Elvira version, and don't really have a problem with it, visually. Then again, as a red blooded American, I don't mind seeing Elvira pop up now and again.  :-*
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

Stephen Grimes

Awesome news,i doubt it will be english friendly but a few of their discs are so maybe ::)
Due out around April or May apparently.

gnorthcott

Cant wait for this release

BodyElectric

Due out around April or May apparently.
Where are you getting this information? I can't even find an announcement of this title on their website.

Stephen Grimes

Where are you getting this information?
Davide Pulici at the Nocturno forums.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

It'll be nice to see a restored version of this.  Massacessi's cinematography for THE ARENA is gorgeous (both in terms of lighting and scope compositions) and DEVIL'S WEDDING NIGHT seems to attempt similar styles of lighting which just looks murky on Dimension's 35mm prints, such as they are now (although even the Japanese tape's print source didn't look all that great).

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

BodyElectric

http://www.videociak.net/customer/product.php?productid=29221

Sweet! Looks like Italian audio only, though - damn. Also, it lists a 2.35:1 aspect ratio - apparently, they didn't read the discussion we had about that a few pages back!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Has anyone seen the DVD yet? I noticed over at Kult Video they've listed an interview as an extra feature. Anyone know who is interviewed?

Keen to know how the film looks too if anyone knows.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Jamie

• Almost Human

Has anyone seen the DVD yet? I noticed over at Kult Video they've listed an interview as an extra feature. Anyone know who is interviewed?

Keen to know how the film looks too if anyone knows.
Jonny, I've wondered about it too. Im getting it for my bday so I should have it sometime in the next week. I'll give you a report as soon as I have it.

Jamie

• Almost Human

It finally showed up (sorry for the delay, I didn't know Id be waiting this long). I haven't had the chance to watch it from beginning to end, but I looked through everything a few hours ago. Im really happy/impressed with it, the quality goes beyond my hopes. The colors are bright, the picture is sharp, and I didn't see any print damage. The back cover lists it as being 16:9  2.35:1, but it's actually about 1.85:1 (I remember Jonny mentioning before that 2.35 would be too wide).

Speaking of the cover, it's reversable. The outside has the art that's on the U.S. poster (with her holding the ring up and the lightning coming out of it). I actually prefer the artwork on the inside which is her rising out of the bath surrounded by steam. As expected, there's no English options. The movie and subtitles are Italian only.

The extras- There's a trailer, trailers for other movies, alternative opening/closing credit sequences (both fullscreen), and interviews. They have interviews with Ms. Neri, Joe D'Amato/Aristide Massaccesi, and Franco Gaudenzi (all in Italian). The interview footage with Ms. Neri is from that interview session that was on the La bestia uccide a sangue freddo/Slaughter Hotel dvd, but it uses mostly different footage so there's lots of 'new' conversation with her. The interview segments last a little over 20 mins.

Screenshot:

unclefred

Man that looks great! Hoping for a dub soon.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Screenshot:

Thanks for the heads up Jamie! Looks really good  :'(

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever

Looks absolutely stunning! And a nice-looking print too  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 34 queries.