• 23 Nov 2020 - 21:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Westerns... All Italiana fanzine  (Read 3489 times)

Nico Giraldi

Westerns... All Italiana fanzine
« on: 27 Feb 2008 - 08:38 »

Tom Bett's fanzine Westerns... All Italiana can be downloaded (as a PDF) from spaghettiwestern database. 11 issues are available now and more will follow.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Westerns..._All%27Italiana%21

Mart85

Re: Westerns... All Italiana fanzine
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2008 - 09:27 »

Great stuff!  Thanks for sharing, Nico!  :-X

Andrew Monroe

« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2008 - 13:00 »

Thanks for that, Nico. I`ve downloaded the last 2 issues via the swwb (in fact, one of our members here has contributed to WAI), and I enjoy reading them but I still prefer the experience of holding a zine in your hand and sitting in a comfy chair (or in bed) and enjoying them that way. Downloads look to be the future of at least some small zines but it`s not my prefered way to read them.

K August

« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2008 - 15:27 »

This really hurts to say this: but unless someone else does the very laborous work of making the pre-Word document issues into PDFs, more older issues will NOT be coming.

I hope someone at the Spaghetti Western Database will take over and continue to put more of these online. Tom has offered to send issues to the people/person who step up to the plate.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2008 - 16:06 »

Can't you just scan them and make pdf's of the scanned pages?

K August

« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2008 - 17:02 »

Can't you just scan them and make pdf's of the scanned pages?

Sigh.

That's what they'll do, I reckon. Find a machine where they can scan 'em in and create PDFs on their own.

For me, that wasn't working given the poor condition of the original copies received from WAI! HQ.

So hours of Photoshop work was done. Days, in fact, on each of the older issues to get them to the point that you see on GMB.net and the SW Database.

As a result of this, Tom and I decided that I should not continue. 

I sincerely hope someone from the SW Database will pick up the slack to preserve this magazine.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #6 on: 27 Feb 2008 - 17:58 »

Sigh.

That's what they'll do, I reckon. Find a machine where they can scan 'em in and create PDFs on their own.

For me, that wasn't working given the poor condition of the original copies received from WAI!

Didn't realise the original copies were in such a bad state that scanning would make them look worse.

K August

« Reply #7 on: 27 Feb 2008 - 18:07 »

Didn't realise the original copies were in such a bad state that scanning would make them look worse.

No worries. Some of the pages had text that was almost invisible, others too dark.  That's to be expected with zines from that era: my own zine looked like that too and/or worse when I attempted to scan them in recently.

I tried using several scanners to make the PDFs before attempting the Optical Recognition scanning route and then realizing only Photoshop could help. The condition of the originals and not being able to get the file sizes down were the reasons PDF scans were out.

Okay...lest I sound like a scratched record/cd whatever...

over and out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.