• 27 Oct 2020 - 02:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Profondo Rosso store in Rome  (Read 3010 times)

Red Skeletons

Profondo Rosso store in Rome
« on: 18 Mar 2008 - 08:29 »

Guys, if any one can help with this, it would be great....

I'm gonna be in Rome on Wed, and I plan on making a trip to the Profondo Rosso store....

Has anyone been ? Is there anything in particular worth picking up there ?

Thanks,
Wes

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: Profondo Rosso store in Rome
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2008 - 08:32 »

I went in October 2005 - Make sure you go when Luigi Cozzi is in there; he works certain days.

The shop itself is okay, though I didn't buy too much from there besides a copy of FIVE DAYS OF MILAN that Luigi was kind enough to sign for me (as he co-write it).
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2008 - 09:04 »

I went when I was in Rome about 3 years ago. Well worth a look, just to say you've been more than anything. Cozzi wasn't there when I went and I didn't visit the 'museum' down in the basement either.

Don't go expecting a big treasure trove of cheap DVD's and film memorabilia, there's some interesting stuff though, piles of posters that you have to sift through as they're in no order what so ever. Also worth picking up one or two of Cozzi's Profondo Rosso books.

If you're on the look out for loads of tacky rubber horror masks, plastic skeletons, fake blood and McFarlane Movie Maniac figures then you'll be in heaven!  :-\

Do you know where it is Wes? Where abouts will you be staying?

Pollanet

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2008 - 09:58 »

another shop you can consider going in Rome is Mondo Bizzarro, some years ago it was in my city

but also this shop is NOT cheap...  :'(

Red Skeletons

« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2008 - 11:38 »

Guys thanks for the good answers, I'm glad I ran this by You because I probably would have been disappointed, thinking this would be some sort of
Forbidden Planet type store for Dario Argento...I'll still drop by....Any good Italian DVd s to recommend ? I'm hoping to pick up the Raro edition of Passolini's Medea...

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2008 - 11:47 »

There are stacks of decent Italian DVD releases worth picking up, but it all depends on how much money you're willing to spend and how much time trawling through DVD racks. My missus hates DVD shopping, so I had to make do with one afternoon off on my own, when I picked up CURSED MEDALLION, Raro's BAY OF BLOOD disc and some others.

There's also a huge market on a Sunday, in the south of the city. Definitely worth checking out – we spent around three or four hours walking around it – it's massive. Loads of DVDs there and quite cheap, if I remember some of the stall were knocking out three or for for 10 euros.
Talking of Raro, all the Di Leo titles are worth picking up, with MANHUNT (LA ORDINA MALA) and MILANO CALBRO 9 being the standouts. That said, and the market aside, there's nothing you can buy there that you can't find online, and there wasn't a gulf in prices, neither.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #6 on: 18 Mar 2008 - 11:48 »

There's loads of good Italian DVD's worth picking up though I found going with a list wasn't worth it as the few DVD shops I found didn't have a vast selection of Euro Cult films on the shelves, because of this I just bought what I found and scrapped trying to find what was on my list...

The best shop I found was an HMV style shop on Via del corso, at the end nearest Piazza del popolo. I forget the name but if you walk down that road towards the Piazza you'll see it on your left hand side and I'm pretty sure the sign for it has a Union Jack on it, Paul's also been to that shop so maybe he can confirm this?

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #7 on: 18 Mar 2008 - 11:52 »

The best shop I found was an HMV style shop on Via del corso, at the end nearest Piazza del popolo. I forget the name but if you walk down that road towards the Piazza you'll see it on your left hand side and I'm pretty sure the sign for it has a Union Jack on it, Paul's also been to that shop so maybe he can confirm this?

That's the one I bought CURSED MEDALLION and BAY OF BLOOD from - they had a pretty cool selection of Italian films in there; too bad many of them weren't English friendly.

Definitely check that market out though. Like the Spanish and French, the Italians release a lot of films on covermounts at the newstands, and it was this sort of product that there was an abundance of at the market, all cribbed from Argento, Tomas Millian and Spencer/Hill collections.

Pollanet

« Reply #8 on: 18 Mar 2008 - 12:31 »

the street market in Rome should be Porta portese... very famous

however since 1 or 2 years in italy just you need to find a good newspaper seller on the street and it can be very dangerous for your pocket...  :-*

there are a lot of different series on dvd about almost all genres (giallo, horror, crime, comedy, western and so on), some of these are the same edition out by 'ordinary' labels (as AYP/No shame, CGHV, etc.) without extras, some of these are unedited on dvd, quality is different from issues, you can get good quality or very poor editions, but they are cheap, never more than 10 euros each one

some newspaper seller hold an issue for 1 or 2 weeks, after he come back the copies unsold for the news, but there is also some newspaper shop that holds almost all the series... so you can find in the shop about 50 different crime movies, 50 spaghetti westerns and so on... it depends what are you looking for

also, now you can find in these shops magazines as Nocturno or Cine 70 and if you like car models... this is the end for your money

I know some Alfa Romeo's collectors who have more than 20 (real) cars, they can't follow all the series...

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #9 on: 11 Feb 2009 - 09:50 »

I'm going to Rome in May!! Woooooooooop! Opted for a self catering place since the hotels are so dear.

I'm 15 mins from the Profondo Rosso shop, how do i know when Mr. Cozzi is working?
I'll see what other things I can visit.
Dig that groove baby.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #10 on: 11 Feb 2009 - 10:01 »

I'm 15 mins from the Profondo Rosso shop, how do i know when Mr. Cozzi is working?

email them!

info@profondorossostore.com

There's absolutely loads of other places to visit in Rome, you'll not get bored.

bronxwarriors1990

« Reply #11 on: 11 Feb 2009 - 10:14 »

I went to the Profondo Rosso store but it turned out to be a reglious holiday and the place was closed!

As Jonny said, you'll find plenty to do in Rome: Great city.

fdsmedia

« Reply #12 on: 11 Feb 2009 - 10:19 »

I'm going to Rome for the first time this summer, and I'll definitely pay them a visit!  :P

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #13 on: 11 Feb 2009 - 10:30 »

email them!

info@profondorossostore.com

There's absolutely loads of other places to visit in Rome, you'll not get bored.

Great stuff!

Looking forward to going. I'm going to eat lots of pasta too!  ;D
Dig that groove baby.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #14 on: 11 Feb 2009 - 10:44 »

Looking forward to going.
Any chance of uploading a few pictures of Profondo Rosso/Cozzi for this thread when you return?Cheers.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.