• 09 Dec 2019 - 11:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Short Night Of The Glass Dolls (Aldo Lado, 1972)  (Read 26144 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Short Night Of The Glass Dolls (Aldo Lado, 1972)
« on: 19 Mar 2008 - 11:43 »

aka 'La corta notte delle bambole di vetro'

Just bought the German KOCH Media DVD of this, haven't had chance to watch it through but here's some comparison grabs between the old ABUS DVD from the Giallo Collection boxset and the KOCH DVD.

ABUS first, KOCH underneath.

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
Re: Short Night Of The Glass Dolls (Aldo Lado, 1972)
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2008 - 12:03 »

Specs for the KOCH Media disc...

2.35:1 (16:9 enhanced) English dub
23 minute Mario Adorf documentary/interview (In German)
Audio Comm. (German)
Trailer (English)
Image Gallery
Booklet
Digi pack packaging.

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2008 - 13:10 »

I absolutely love this film. Superb score by Morricone. Great cast and one of those killer 70's downbeat endings. Audio was a little low on the old AB disc though.
My girlfriend lives in the Czech Republic and near Mala Strana where this was filmed, and I am there every month, so I always take pleasure in trying to spot where they filmed certain scenes...for instance, in the credits where the camera is placed on top of the moving ambulance - it's funny to see how we're meant to get the impression that the ambulance is going through lots of winding little roads when in fact, the route it takes would actually take you round and round in circles. Trivial observations aside, that Koch disc looks like a beauty and I'd have picked it up if the Mario Adorf commentary wasn't in German only.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2008 - 13:41 »

23 minute Mario Adorf documentary/interview (In German)
Audio Comm. (German)
Is there any subtitles in English for any of these parts, thay are often hidden on Koch discs.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2008 - 14:02 »

Nothing shows up on my PC, I'll stick it in my DVD player. I don't think there will anything though to be honest.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2008 - 14:15 »

I have had this on order with Sazuma since late December and guess what, it has not turned up yet.  I have heard nothing but good things about this DVD, Koch release great discs.

vigilanteforce

« Reply #6 on: 19 Mar 2008 - 14:34 »

I love this movie and love Mario Adorf. Its a shame his interview doesn't have English options!!!  :)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #7 on: 19 Mar 2008 - 16:22 »

Just checked the extras on my DVD player and there's defo no hidden English options. The Adorf doc is still a good watch though.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #8 on: 19 Mar 2008 - 16:40 »

Just checked the extras on my DVD player and there's defo no hidden English options. The Adorf doc is still a good watch though.
never mind, cheers for looking ::)

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Outlaw Josey

« Reply #9 on: 02 Feb 2009 - 06:51 »

just watched this

a very gothic and eerie vibe in this one, it is not uber stylish with the killings, but instead it is just creepy. the cinematography was gorgeous, done by Giuseppe Ruzzolini who was responsible for such films as "Bandits in Milan," "Theorem," "Duck, You Sucker," "My Name is Nobody," and "Hitch-Hike."

the settings in the morgue with jean sorel narrating in flashbacks sets a cool stylistic tone for the film. jean sorel is very good as the lead in this one, playing his character with subtlety and emotion.

this one is slow moving but very stylish and atmospheric. the plot is somewhat confusing at times, but it doesn't take away too much from the film. A very good soundtrack from Morricone with the main theme being especially memorable.

i didn't like mario adorf's character, his screentime annoyed me.

the best things about the movie, i think, were the photographic compositions, and the gothic atmosphere created by the inclusion of dead bodies in a morgue, occult surgeons, the cold czech city setting, and ritualistic orgies  :-*

and the ending really is great...both the sleazy part and the super intense ending.

7.75/10

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #10 on: 02 Feb 2009 - 10:05 »

i didn't like mario adorf's character, his screentime annoyed me.
That dodgy accent he was dubbed with didn't help,can't figure out if it's Irish,Scottish or South African!

vigilanteforce

« Reply #11 on: 02 Feb 2009 - 10:44 »

Mario Adorf is great, you can never have enough of him  :-X

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #12 on: 10 Feb 2009 - 20:32 »

Have you found the easter egg with the 4min clip of J├╝rgen Drews recording his commentary track?

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #13 on: 11 Feb 2009 - 12:24 »

I think it's very odd how the onscreen title is SHORT NIGHT OF GLASS DOLLS without any "THE" in there...

K August

« Reply #14 on: 12 Feb 2009 - 02:14 »

Wow that Koch set looks fantastic. Shame the commentary/Adorf material is only in German...

I'll give the film another whirl and decide if I want to upgrade to the Koch disc (money permitting). They put together such nice releases.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 34 queries.