• 09 Dec 2019 - 04:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Short Night Of The Glass Dolls (Aldo Lado, 1972)  (Read 26140 times)

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
Re: Short Night Of The Glass Dolls (Aldo Lado, 1972)
« Reply #30 on: 17 Apr 2015 - 22:12 »

Sure, there is always moaning, but then again, if you release something that nobody knows, most people won't buy it either... So...

Yes, it will have the Italian language track. We opted against the English one since it's pretty atrocious and the Italian one is of course Aldo Lado's preferred version -- which is a huge factor for us. The interesting thing is also how different the two versions are.

::)

Thank you Camera Obscura, you're one of the very few companies pushing things forward.
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #31 on: 18 Apr 2015 - 14:54 »

One of my fav gialli... Can't wait! Thank you yet again CO.
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

BAKA

• Anonymous Avenger
« Reply #32 on: 18 Apr 2015 - 15:56 »

It's very unusual for me that this is the second Camera Obscura announcement in a row that I've a) Heard of and b) seen, but it is a great announcement (as indeed was the prior announcement), and one I will snap up. With the previous two announcements being more well known, I hope it doesn't make it difficult to pick up. I sometimes wait to order 3 German / Austrian imports at a time to split the postage costs. Hopefully they won't sell out before I get my orders in. Perhaps I'll get lucky and there'll be a few things out I want around the same time, it's been a great few months for German / Austrian imports at the moment.

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #33 on: 18 Apr 2015 - 16:19 »

Don't worry, I'm sure you will have lots of time before the titel is 100% sold out. Usually that sort of thing easily takes more than a year.

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #34 on: 20 Apr 2015 - 06:52 »

Here comes the first extras announcement for SHORT NIGHT OF GLASS DOLLS: Back-to-back with COME CANI ARRABBIATI, we've also recorded an audio commentary for SHORT NIGHT with Christian Keßler and Marcus Stiglegger!

Apart from that, the already legendary commentary with actor/singer Jürgen Drews will also be on the disc! This time with English subtitles for your listening/viewing pleasure.

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #35 on: 23 Apr 2015 - 08:52 »

The biggest extra of the SHORT NIGHT OF GLASS DOLLS disc is a circa 90-minute doc with director Aldo Lado and an older interview with the leading man Jean Sorel.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #36 on: 23 Apr 2015 - 11:23 »

Excellent stuff!
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

djvaso

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #37 on: 23 Apr 2015 - 17:29 »

The very first pre-order link has appeared at OFDb.de. Release date June 16.

logboy

• Almost Human
« Reply #38 on: 24 Apr 2015 - 10:17 »

... also listed now at http://beyond-media.at/shop/

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #39 on: 01 May 2015 - 08:05 »

A 30-minute featurette featuring co-producer Dieter Geissler will also be part of the SHORT NIGHT OF GLASS DOLLS disc!

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #40 on: 11 May 2015 - 16:47 »

We are very proud and happy as can be that we could get an interview with the legendary Edda Dell'Orso for the SHORT NIGHT OF GLASS DOLLS disc! We think that everybody here has heard of Edda, but if not: She's the vocalist who ennobled many an Italian soundtrack, especially the ones by Ennio Morricone, with her sublime voice.

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #41 on: 11 May 2015 - 18:28 »

That's fantastic news, I adore Edda Dell'Orso's vocals on many soundtracks. One question I have about the release is that you've said the English soundtrack is in bad condition could you not 'borrow' it from the US Anchor Bay or Blue Underground DVD releases? I don't recall the soundtrack they used having any problems.

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #42 on: 11 May 2015 - 18:56 »

No, it's not about quality but about the horrendous dubbing job. anyway, we could use either English or Italian and settled for Italian, of course.

In the words of Jean Sorel:

Something that bothered me a lot when I watched the movie is that the English dubbing
sounds awful to me. Awful, absolutely atrocious. It's very bad. I don't know who did it and why, but it's extremely bad. Mario Adorf is dubbed in a terrible way. He sounds like an old boozer when he talks, he can't articulate.

So, there. :)

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #43 on: 11 May 2015 - 19:08 »

No, it's not about quality but about the horrendous dubbing job. anyway, we could use either English or Italian and settled for Italian, of course.

I'm glad you made that decision. I agree that the English dub is worse than usual for this film and have always wanted to see it in Italian and HD to do it proper justice. Looking forward!

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #44 on: 11 May 2015 - 19:33 »

In the words of Jean Sorel:

Something that bothered me a lot when I watched the movie is that the English dubbing
sounds awful to me. Awful, absolutely atrocious. It's very bad. I don't know who did it and why, but it's extremely bad. Mario Adorf is dubbed in a terrible way. He sounds like an old boozer when he talks, he can't articulate.

So, there. :)

I see, it's so long since I last watched Glass Dolls I can't remember the dubbing. I'm looking forward to the release regardless of the soundtrack but was just curious.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 34 queries.