• 24 Nov 2020 - 13:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Short Night Of The Glass Dolls (Aldo Lado, 1972)  (Read 31640 times)

Federico

• One Just Man
    • Freak-O-Rama
Re: Short Night Of The Glass Dolls (Aldo Lado, 1972)
« Reply #45 on: 11 May 2015 - 20:20 »

Anyway, Lado said to me (and he even says in the long documentary) that the original version of the movie has to be considered the Italian one. Most of the actors said their lines in Italian (Sorel, Bach, Thulin and Adorf knew the language pretty well) and the English dubbing was made long after the movie was finished.

Anyway, enjoy the marvelous Edda from today's interview:

NEW SITE 2014 www.freakorama.org

nibblepibbley

• Almost Human
« Reply #46 on: 12 May 2015 - 10:52 »

Now up for pre-order at Kult Video

logboy

• Almost Human

nibblepibbley

• Almost Human
« Reply #48 on: 12 May 2015 - 14:24 »

Is it just me or is it inordinately complicated to order from Beyond from overseas? They don't accept Paypal I believe - is there any other alternative than direct bank transfer, for which my bank applies an exhorbitant charge.

logboy

• Almost Human
« Reply #49 on: 12 May 2015 - 15:00 »

Is it just me or is it inordinately complicated to order from Beyond from overseas? They don't accept Paypal I believe - is there any other alternative than direct bank transfer, for which my bank applies an exhorbitant charge.

... they accept paypal. charge a small fee on top. email them to arrange an order.
yes, it's complicated, but it works and it's usually very well packaged and quick delivery.

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #50 on: 14 May 2015 - 20:25 »

Beyond are a great company. Shame their site is a bit of minefield and they don't offer paypal directly. I do bank transfers.
Dig that groove baby.

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man
« Reply #51 on: 15 May 2015 - 16:13 »

I would never send money direct to someones bank account. It seems to be Germany where this is prevalent beyond-media and uncutdvd are 2 sites ive seen and avoided. Surely theyd get much more sales if they clearly offered Paypal. They'd lose a minute cut of the item value big deal.

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #52 on: 18 May 2015 - 16:57 »

We have to say this about the SHORT NIGHT OF GLASS DOLLS transfer: Unfortunately, it's not comparable with our previous HD transfers. One reason for this is that Aldo Lado shot the film very soft to create a dream-like atmosphere while our other films had a very sharp focus. The second, real problem was that the negative was extremely destroyed -- which is something we would have never thought possible, and if it wouldn't have been SHORT NIGHT, we might not even have bought the license. Regarding dust and scratches, we were on about the level of TOP SENSATION, but there was yet another, even more drastic problem: About half the material was moldy. In short, we basically had to take the whole film apart and put it back together in order to get a presentable result. Weeks of restoration by hand, and so on, were necessary to get the defects in shape. I think the result came out as very watchable, though!

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #53 on: 18 May 2015 - 17:17 »

Looks pretty decent to me
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #54 on: 18 May 2015 - 17:24 »

You won't be disappointed on your TV for sure, but it's just no SAN BABILA or COME CANI ARRABBIATI which might disappoint some fans. That's why we chose to give you the low-down of what went down with restoring the film.

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #55 on: 18 May 2015 - 18:18 »

Looks pretty damn good to me too from those screengrabs! Well done guys!

djvaso

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #56 on: 18 May 2015 - 18:57 »

It is sad to hear that they have kept film in such an inappropriate climate which caused biological damage. But the restoration result looks good.

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #57 on: 19 May 2015 - 15:10 »

The final extra for SHORT NIGHT OF THE GLASS DOLLS is an interview with the editor Mario Morra who did quite an incredible job with this film!

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #58 on: 19 May 2015 - 20:10 »

Looks great, and it is so good to see a label be honest about the limitations of a release.

Johnny66

• Almost Human
« Reply #59 on: 02 Jun 2015 - 13:47 »

This is wonderful news. CO just continue to hit home runs with their releases - and their transparency regarding any and all transfer issues is most welcome.

Even if their products are ridiculously expensive for me to purchase (with RRP, postage fees and a lousy exchange rate), I'll still support them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.