• 17 Jun 2019 - 09:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The Great Silence / Il grande silenzio (Sergio Corbucci 1968)  (Read 15090 times)

djvaso

• Special Cop In Action

'Il Grande silenzio' will be available on blu-ray disc in Germany on 21th of October. Unfortunately, it seems that the release will not be English friendly.
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B003MDHNQQ

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

'Il Grande silenzio' will be available on blu-ray disc in Germany on 21th of October. Unfortunately, it seems that the release will not be English friendly.

Shit!

I saw you posted this on swdb and got excited. :-[

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

Shit!

I saw you posted this on swdb and got excited. :-[

It does mean an HD master is available.

Vito Cipriani

• Almost Human

Am I right in saying that this German Blu-Ray release never materialised and was cancelled rather than postponed? If so, that's a real shame  :-[
'Society has many means of protecting itself: bureaucracy, red tape... and the revolver'

Mciver

This film is just so grim and downbeat, right up there with Cut Throats Nine in displaying the dark side of the west. Does anyone by the way know if Kinsky does his own dubbing on the German soundtrack?

unsociable

Does anyone by the way know if Kinsky does his own dubbing on the German soundtrack?
he doesn't. it's Gerd Martienzen, who also lent his voice to Kinski in a fistful of other movies including "And God Said to Cain" and "Slaughter Hotel". to the German viewer this may sound a bit weird sometimes (at least to me it does) since Martienzen was probably most famous for dubbing French comedian Louis de Funès

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

Does anyone by the way know if Kinsky does his own dubbing on the German soundtrack?
he doesn't. it's Gerd Martienzen, who also lent his voice to Kinski in a fistful of other movies including "And God Said to Cain" and "Slaughter Hotel". to the German viewer this may sound a bit weird sometimes (at least to me it does) since Martienzen was probably most famous for dubbing French comedian Louis de Funès

I believe that Howard Vernon also dubbed Kinski's English tracks on occassion.  The notes on Howard Vernon from Mondo Macbro's LORNA THE EXORCIST, if I remember correctly, list some of the famous folks that Vernon used to dub.
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

caracalla

• Almost Human

I just ordered this via amazon.co.uk, am very curious to view this movie for the first time!

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

You're in for a treat - it's not called the GREAT Silence for nothing!  :-\
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Seconded. It's got a beautiful Morricone score too  ::)

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

caracalla

• Almost Human

Amazon just informed me that the movie is on its way....I am organizing a movie night for a friend of mine and this will be on the play list, will let you know what I think of it

Longsden

• Special Cop In Action
  • Bastard Squad 666

Seconded. It's got a beautiful Morricone score too  ::)

This soundtrack is one of Morricones best. The main theme is just wonderful and I have convinced the missus to let me have it at our wedding :)

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Top 10 Western for me - and I agree the Morricone score is one of his absolute best. English friendly Bluray would be very welcome...

caracalla

• Almost Human

WOW what an incredible dark western and what a role by Klaus Kinski, a real bastard.

medway garage

Finally got hold of the Italian 4-fogli poster for this one yesterday ;

......and here's the Japanese B2 ;

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 34 queries.