• 16 Sep 2019 - 01:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't Talk To Strange Men (Pat Jackson, 1962)  (Read 2266 times)

Andrew Monroe

Don't Talk To Strange Men (Pat Jackson, 1962)
« on: 28 Mar 2008 - 18:47 »

This is a very tense little thriller, I rewatched the Odeon dvd recently, having received it for Christmas. A serial killer is preying on young girls, his method of reeling them in is to call public telephones (callbox, I believe for you in the UK) and when a suitable young lady answers he lathers on the complementary attention, flattering and lowering their guard. Jean is his newest target and they begin a telephone courtship...Really creepy film, well-acted by all, particularly Christina Gregg and Janina Faye as Jean and her younger sister. Gregg was new to me but I recalled Faye from Day Of The Triffids. At just over an hour long this doesn`t waste any time setting up the story and ratcheting up the suspense, it`s no exaggeration to say the ending is edge-of-your-seat stuff.

Odeon has a number of other titles I`m curious about. If anyone has some recommendations they`d be most welcome. The only other one I have is Case Of The Frightened Lady, an old dark house murder mystery based on an Edgar Wallace play - the krimi The Indian Scarf was also based on this I believe.

Here`s a link to at least some of the Odeon titles: http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Odeon

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
Re: Don't Talk To Strange Men (Pat Jackson, 1962)
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2008 - 17:41 »

Sounds great. I'll have to check it out.
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

mook

• Almost Human
« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2008 - 19:47 »

I've had this one on my amazon wish list for a bit now; it does look interesting and the cover is fairly striking - I'll nab it on my next binge

Andrew Monroe

« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2008 - 20:02 »

I do highly recommend it, mook and Ben. It`s a short one but well worth a look. It`s a real treat to find a little gem like this now and then. I`d be interested in what ya`ll think of it.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #4 on: 21 Apr 2008 - 16:44 »

Been meaning to pick this one up for a while and finally went for it after noticing that Play.com are no longer stocking it.  Could it be going out of print?  I had no idea that there were so many of these British thrillers out there being released by Odeon.  Some of them sound great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 34 queries.