• 29 Feb 2020 - 10:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Collecting DVD's with no English options  (Read 2020 times)

Gary B.

Collecting DVD's with no English options
« on: 08 Jul 2007 - 18:33 »

So I've become obsessed with buying DVD's that I can't fully understand.  The slow rate of DVD's being released in english that I want to see has made me do what I never thought possible! 
Just watched 'La Banda del gobbo' with italian subtitles for the deaf!  still completely great, and I can't get enough.

I'm even honestly starting to learn Italian, and have bought some books, but plan to order some computer programs to move things along better.  My lady and I are planning a trip to Italy later this year/or maybe early next year for our anniversary and I've never been more eager for a vacation than for this.

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica
Re: Collecting DVD's with no English options
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2007 - 15:54 »

I've been working on a project to translate a few DVDs that only have non-English subs/audio. My language skills are not up to much (damned British education system), but thanks to some online translators, my job mostly consists of putting the words into an order that makes sense.

Obviously when complete, I'll post the files to my website - attaching them to the DVD isn't too hard, you'll need to rip the disc, add the subs with a helpful freeware programme, then burn a new DVD-R, but at least its all legit!
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

paperbag

• Special Cop In Action
Re: Collecting DVD's with no English options
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2007 - 18:53 »

I got 2 Tomas Milian Delitto movies cheap only in italian, its strangely still just as good, apart from the fact I don't know whats going on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 34 queries.