• 16 Sep 2019 - 01:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1900/Novecento (Bernardo Bertolucci, 1976)  (Read 3141 times)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
1900/Novecento (Bernardo Bertolucci, 1976)
« on: 09 Apr 2008 - 10:16 »

Whatever happened to the UK release? It came out last year and seems to have vanished. I see there are two on amazon Marketplace starting at £49! The UK set came in a nifty steelbook case and has the best artwork by far...

The reason this came to my attention is that I decided to sell my Finish release on eBay last week: started it at £4.99 and ended up selling for £37. I was gobsmacked to say the least...
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

mook

• Almost Human
Re: 1900/Novecento (Bernardo Bertolucci, 1976)
« Reply #1 on: 09 Apr 2008 - 10:44 »

Whatever happened to the UK release? It came out last year and seems to have vanished. I see there are two on amazon Marketplace starting at £49! The UK set came in a nifty steelbook case and has the best artwork by far...

The reason this came to my attention is that I decided to sell my Finish release on eBay last week: started it at £4.99 and ended up selling for £37. I was gobsmacked to say the least...

Awesome, I'll try and flog mine now. Only got it in the first place becuase Stefannia Sandrelli is in it 8)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #2 on: 09 Apr 2008 - 10:45 »

I only sold mine because I upgraded to the US release some time ago. Had been meaning to sell the Finish disc for ages.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

mook

• Almost Human
« Reply #3 on: 09 Apr 2008 - 11:26 »

Just read a review on Amazon where some guy explains that Fox had to withdraw the UK tin boxset as they missed off the whole opening credit sequence, and part one carries on to disc 2 by mistake. Fox have deleted this disc and a re-release is due for 2008.

Philleh

« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2008 - 11:38 »

Really? Damn. I have this DVD - only watched the first disc though. Could be worth getting rid of before the re-release!

Or maybe keep it, as i'm sad in reagrds things like this! ha

Richard C

« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2008 - 11:41 »

I've got the Australian release and the US release but sadly neither the UK or Finnish versions... Haven't watched either DVDs yet though...

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #6 on: 25 Apr 2012 - 09:43 »

Blu-ray coming from Olive Films in May - more on the blog:

http://www.lovelockandload.net/blog/wordpress/?p=173

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #7 on: 03 Aug 2012 - 20:49 »

Watched it for the first time, thought it was very good but the first 3 hours could have easily been shorn of 45 minutes to an hour. It's quite a slow film but it keeps you glued to the screen. I'm glad I've only seen it now and not years ago as I don't think I would have appreciated it when I was younger. Excellent performances from De Niro, Depardieu and the rest of the cast. and as for Donald Sutherland, (Whom I didn't even realise was in it) I've never seen him play such a despicable nasty character.

The Olive Blu Ray looks absolutely stunning.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

pricey

• Almost Human
« Reply #8 on: 17 Sep 2012 - 14:52 »

Saw this in the cinema at the BFI, and I enjoyed it too. Some surprisingly extreme violence in there. I found the last hour or so a bit drawn out, and inconsistent with the rest of the film, but overall its an underrated film. Great morricone score too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 34 queries.