• 12 Jul 2020 - 23:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Fansubs...  (Read 21091 times)

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
Fansubs...
« on: 17 Apr 2008 - 14:13 »

Just a heads up on my current projects;

I'm in the process of finishing up the following English subtitles;

L'arma, L'ora e Il Movente (99% complete...just needs tidying)
La Morte Scende Legera (99% complete...just needs tidying)
Ciak, Si Muore (50% complete)
Interrabang (also around 50% complete)

If anyone else here is preparing some English fansubs could they let me know (via PM or here) what they are working on? I came very close to subtitling Dino Risi's 'Anima Persa' about a month ago, then someone turned up with English subs for it about 2 weeks ago. It seems incredibly pointless to subtitle the same film twice and I'm glad I never got stuck into it. I genuinely enjoy doing this - but wasting 6 or 7 gruelling hours (per film) is not my idea of fun!

Also, I'd really appreciate requests from people here for films that do not exist in English dub or sub format. I've got about 30 or so Italian TV rips with me (on my travels) but I'm not sure which ones could do with subtitling or not?

Off the top of my head, there's:

Si Puo Essere Piu Bastardo Del I'spettore Cliff? (Lit: Could anyone be more of a bastard than inspector Cliff?) (what a title!)
Roma L'altra Faccia della Violenza (the LowQuality rip...but if the running time is the same as the good print, I'll use that to work with here and then just upgrade the video later.) My copy runs: 1:35m - 55s
Oscenita (Polselli)
L'uomo, La Donna e La Bestia (Cavallone...I think?)
Sexual Revelations of a Psychiatrist (Polselli)
I think there's another Cavallone one as well - Spell, dolce..?

I'll also be re-visiting all my other subs over the next month or two with a view to finishing them 100%. I honestly haven't watched any of the films I've done since adding the last subtitle. When you've analysed and translated each line of text, the last thing you want to do is re-watch the whole film. Or maybe I'm just lazy?!

Just flicking through a few of them there are still odd bits missing and the timing/spacing in some parts is not right at all in most of them. Please consider them all WIP ( no...not women in prison! )

I've seen a couple of requests for 'Bandits in Milan' - Given how important this film is to the Police/Crime cycle of films I'm a bit staggered to hear it's never been subbed? Didn't Video Search of Miami have this one subbed in English about 15 years ago? I've got the excellent TV broadcast print from LA7 of this one so if demand is there (?) I'll push it up the list. I can't imagine it being any fun dubbed in English...not this one.

"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Fansubs...
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2008 - 14:18 »

I've always really wanted to finally watch 'Il commissario di ferro' with English subtitles. Had the DVD for years now and would really love to finally watch it and know what's going on.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2008 - 14:21 »

I've always really wanted to finally watch 'Il commissario di ferro' with English subtitles. Had the DVD for years now and would really love to finally watch it and know what's going on.

Not a bad choice Jonny - This is one of a couple of Merli films I picked up last year on DVD in Italy so I've got a decent source. Noted!
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2008 - 14:24 »

It'd be a great one to do mate and there'd be a lot of Merli fans well pleased as there was never an English dub for it.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2008 - 14:30 »

All the Giraldi films on DVD that never had an English dub would be nice too. I think there's about 6 of them isn't there?

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2008 - 15:34 »

All the Giraldi films on DVD that never had an English dub would be nice too. I think there's about 6 of them isn't there?

I headed over to imdb...D'you mean this Giraldi?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0320592/

(He does have some mighty impressive pseudonyms!)

I couldn't find any others that were directors? I'm back in Italy in about 10 days, if they are readily available on DVD I'll have a search for them.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2008 - 15:53 »

If anyone else here is preparing some English fansubs could they let me know (via PM or here) what they are working on? I came very close to subtitling Dino Risi's 'Anima Persa'  about a month ago, then someone turned up with English subs for it about 2 weeks ago. It seems incredibly pointless to subtitle the same film twice and I'm glad I never got stuck into it. I genuinely enjoy doing this - but wasting 6 or 7 gruelling hours (per film) is not my idea of fun!

DjangoLi - I have been working on a fansub of ANIMA PERSA and started subtitling the film recently.  Any idea where I could a copy of the subtitle file from?  It would save me a lot of time.

Also, I'd really appreciate requests from people here for films that do not exist in English dub or sub format.

I would like to have an English sub file for Tessari's DEATH OCCURED LAST NIGHT.  The Italian DVD might not be of the best quality but it is better than the boots currently out there. 

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #7 on: 17 Apr 2008 - 17:05 »

No mate, I meant the Bruno Corbucci directed films featuring Tomas Milian as Nico Giraldi. The whole series is out on DVD in Italy, about 10 or 11 films if I remember right? Only about half of them ever had English dubs so to see the remaining ones subtitled would be a treat.

Here's the ones that need subs as far as I can remember...

Delitto a porta Romana
Delitto in formula uno
Delitto sull'autostrada
Delitto al ristorante cinese

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #8 on: 17 Apr 2008 - 18:34 »

'Death Occured Last Night' was on my list of titles to sub.

I also had the following Italian prints of these up for subtitling over the coming months:

Illustrious Corpses
So Sweet...So Perverse
Sweet Body of Deborah
Top Sensation
Without Warning/Sans Sommation (French)

Please let me know if there are fan-subs of these already!

I would love to see subs for these:

Io Ho Paura
Napoliā€¦La Camorra Sfida La Citta Risponde
Il Diavolo Nel Cervello
Una Ragazza Piuttosto Complicata
Kill The Fatted Calf

I'll happily provide good quality prints of any of the 5 above if anyone fancied attempting them.

I'd be very interested in the 'Ciak, Si Muore' and ' L'arma, L'ora e Il Movente' subs DjangoLi, keep us posted mate! ::)

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #9 on: 17 Apr 2008 - 19:11 »

Illustrious Corpses

I had this on my list but I just have not got time to produce the subs from scratch.  How is the subbing of the KILLER IS STILL AMONG US going Luca?

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #10 on: 17 Apr 2008 - 21:05 »

I'm actually working on it as we speak Demented!.
It's going ok, but the subs from the poor quality print that did the rounds are inaccurate in places.
I'm about 45 minutes into it (film is 79mins) but I will need the help of an Italian friend of mine for a few difficult lines that hadn't been translated properly in the aforementioned old sub print.
I should be on course for completing it within the next couple of weeks. One drawback is that my VHS has a bit of audio hiss but otherwise, it's a good copy.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #11 on: 17 Apr 2008 - 21:07 »

Yes, I've held off of 'Illustrious Corpses' for the same reason mate...I'll get round to it eventually but it would take ages for a film of that length and with that much difficult dialogue!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #12 on: 17 Apr 2008 - 21:11 »

Luca and DjangoLi hope you don't mind me asking but how come you guys are so good at doing these subtitle projects? Obviously you guys are fluent in Italian and know how to use the subtitling software...

Are you both of Italian origin but now living in the UK?

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #13 on: 17 Apr 2008 - 21:18 »

Where to begin?? I think there are lots and lots of interesting movies out there that don't seem to ever have had English-friendly releases. For example:

I ragazzi della Roma violenta

Il mostro

Imputazione di omicidio per uno studente

I believe all those three have been released on DVD but, obviously, without English options.

Other suggestions from me:

A... come assassino

Amore e morte nel giardino degli dei

Il baco da seta

L'osceno desiderio

Una tomba aperta... una bara vuota

Il buio intorno a Monica

Trhauma

Il tuo dolce corpo da uccidere

Ordine firmato in bianco

La notte della violenza

Notturno con grida

I think most of the above have had decent-looking Italian VHS-releases. The exception would be A... come assassino but that has at least been shown on Italian TV in a very good-looking print. And Una tomba aperta is out on DVD in Spain under its Spanish title La Casa de las Muertas Vivientes.

dvdtrash

« Reply #14 on: 17 Apr 2008 - 23:59 »

No mate, I meant the Bruno Corbucci directed films featuring Tomas Milian as Nico Giraldi. The whole series is out on DVD in Italy, about 10 or 11 films if I remember right? Only about half of them ever had English dubs so to see the remaining ones subtitled would be a treat.

Here's the ones that need subs as far as I can remember...

Delitto a porta Romana
Delitto in formula uno
Delitto sull'autostrada
Delitto al ristorante cinese

I think these would be difficult to translate, not just for the words but for the localisms, slangs, regional dialects etc and I hope this doesn't sound daft, but I think these are certain films in places that only Italians would "get"! For example there is an Italian director called Leonardo Pieracioni, whose most famous film is "Il Ciclone", now he is from Tuscany and his films all have dialect and slang from the area and since I'm Tuscan from my mums side of the family, the films mean a lot more to me althought anyone in Italy would enjoy them. But simply putting English subtitles would allow someone to understand whats basically going on, but they are missing out on lots of other aspects!

However, i'd love to have a crack at translating some Venticello and Giraldi dialogue ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 34 queries.